85 year old woman dragged into lake by 11ft gator

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013

Heartbreaking for the family. Walking her dog. The 911 call is heartbreaking.

So let me see. A woman who LIVES right at the lake taking the video and knows it is full of gators didn't bother to tell her friend not to walk within 2 feet of the water, even though you could see the gator coming.

There are no posted gator warning signs.

An 85 year old woman doesn't have sense to stay away from water in an area with gators. Nor does she apparently even think to watch out for them or opay attention to her surroundings.

Coming ashore, even the dog is oblivious and even after running from it, still doesn't even bark to warn the woman.

Of course, no one has a gun to shoot the gator.

Had the woman just stayed back 6 more feet from the waters edge, she'd likely be alive now.

That's when your mind switches off, when you think of that woman's last minute .
Mine does .

So let me see. A woman who LIVES right at the lake taking the video and knows it is full of gators didn't bother to tell her friend not to walk within 2 feet of the water, even though you could see the gator coming.

An 85 year old woman doesn't have sense to stay away from water in an area with gators. Nor does she apparently even think to watch out for them or opay attention to her surroundings.

Coming ashore, even the dog is oblivious and even after running from it, still doesn't even bark to warn the woman.

Had the woman just stayed back 6 more feet from the waters edge, she'd likely be alive now.
None of which makes this incident any less horrific.

That's when your mind switches off, when you think of that woman's last minute .
Mine does .
First, my heart truly aches for this loss of life and I'll probably go to hell for these thoughts, but a couple things come to mind reading this thread. One, "When you're up to your ass in alligators, it is hard to remember that your original intention was to drain the swamp." and two, how ironic that reality follows fiction thinking back to the movie Lake Placid and Betty White's final line, "Suck my d***!" Now I expect that I am going to be admonished for the remainder of the thread for my insensitivity.

I imagine the woman lived her life in a city far from alligators

She just had no awareness of the danger from alligators

People have to be smarter than this......

Yeah, idk. If you had time to dial that phone, you had time to get down to that lake and help your friend.

I think the people that run this retirement community are liable. Having a big ass gator around old yankee people; What could go wrong? :uhh:

There are many capable Crackers, and no Cracker has yet thought to begin a company that relocates these roosterfish that kill elderly and children?

Forum List

Back