75% of ISIS fighters killed

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
ISIS was once a threat to take both Syria and Iraq. They are now on the ropes as their ability to get supplies and reinforcements is cut off and their funding sources are drying up

US says 75% of ISIS fighters killed - CNNPolitics.com

The US and regional forces are currently waging a battle for the Iraqi city of Mosul, where additional gains against ISIS are expected, though McGurk declined to provide a timeline for the conclusion of that offensive.
The air campaign, led by the US and begun in 2014, has conducted 17,000 strikes against ISIS targets, McGurk said. The vast majority were conduced by US planes; only 4,500 were carried out by other members of the coalition.
The most recent targets included three ISIS leaders the US says were responsible for planning attacks in Paris and Brussels last year. They were taken out in Raqqa, ISIS' self-described capital in Syria.

Last edited:
The Kurds, a few years ago, said ISIS had around 220K people. At the same time, the US said 35K.. I figure that wasn't far from when Obama said they were JV.
The Kurds and other intelligence has said ISIS gets hundreds of applicants a month. And some of those "applicants" are entire cells.
JS

The figures mean the US and its coalition partners have taken out vastly more ISIS fighters in Iraq and Syria than currently remain on the battlefield, two years since the bombing campaign began. Last week a US official said the coalition had killed 50,000 militants since 2014

I don't believe anything the U.S. government says about ISIS so long as Obama is President. It is a proven fact that he lies about the threat level of terrorist organizations.

I don't believe anything the U.S. government says about ISIS so long as Obama is President. It is a proven fact that he lies about the threat level of terrorist organizations.
All governments do and have.

Why are you rooting for ISIS?

So, that's your excuse? You liberals seem eager to give Obama a pass for lying to the American people. Why is that? Will you also give a Trump a pass if he lies to us?

The figures mean the US and its coalition partners have taken out vastly more ISIS fighters in Iraq and Syria than currently remain on the battlefield, two years since the bombing campaign began. Last week a US official said the coalition had killed 50,000 militants since 2014
Horse apples! I and every other Vietnam veteran saw how the body count was inflated during the VN war and it has never diminished. I participated in BDA after B-52 strikes and we would estimate for example, 50 killed and the daily briefing in Saigon would report 400-500 killed. It happened day after day for years. That's how politicians keep their jobs.

ISIS is not defeated, and neither is al Quada or the Taliban. Obama's eight years as President has gotten us no closer to our objectives then when he started. His "lead from behind" policy has caused chaos and war to break out all over the Muslim world, and now Trump will have his hands full trying to undo the damage.

Obama and the Never-Ending War

Kill this terrorist and arm that terrorist.
GO OBAMA

That's has pretty much been a staple of our foreign policy in the Middle East for decades.
So, that's your excuse? That's pretty pathetic, even for you.

It's not an excuse, dipshit. It's a fact. We love to arm and finance idiots that are fighting our enemies and then they turn around betray us the second it becomes convenient. How about we stop arming assholes in the Middle East? Crazy notion I know.

GO OBAMA

That's has pretty much been a staple of our foreign policy in the Middle East for decades.

It's not an excuse, dipshit. It's a fact. We love to arm and finance idiots that are fighting our enemies and then they turn around betray us the second it becomes convenient. How about we stop arming assholes in the Middle East? Crazy notion I know.
Ray-GUN

So, that's your excuse? You liberals seem eager to give Obama a pass for lying to the American people. Why is that? Will you also give a Trump a pass if he lies to us?
This isn't political for me. Since I've been old enough to pay attention, I've been hearing governments minimize their own casualties and exaggerate the enemy's. They've done it since wars were invented, I imagine.
What Obama did and what Trump will do are probably not going to be any different.

GO OBAMA

If we didn't arm them, our enemies would (read "Russia.") That's what they use as an excuse.

ISIS was once a threat to take both Syria and Iraq. They are now on the ropes as their ability to get supplies and reinforcements is cut off and their funding sources are drying up

US says 75% of ISIS fighters killed - CNNPolitics.com

The US and regional forces are currently waging a battle for the Iraqi city of Mosul, where additional gains against ISIS are expected, though McGurk declined to provide a timeline for the conclusion of that offensive.
The air campaign, led by the US and begun in 2014, has conducted 17,000 strikes against ISIS targets, McGurk said. The vast majority were conduced by US planes; only 4,500 were carried out by other members of the coalition.
The most recent targets included three ISIS leaders the US says were responsible for planning attacks in Paris and Brussels last year. They were taken out in Raqqa, ISIS' self-described capital in Syria.

Obama has been claiming for years that ISIS has been on its death throes.

They're still murdering people in Europe, and they are still at war in Syria and Iraq, and they are still pumping out refugees for Europe.

ISIS is not defeated, and neither is al Quada or the Taliban. Obama's eight years as President has gotten us no closer to our objectives then when he started. His "lead from behind" policy has caused chaos and war to break out all over the Muslim world, and now Trump will have his hands full trying to undo the damage.

Obama and the Never-Ending War

I seem to remember the leader of Al Qaida being killed ....something the right prefers to cover up

Forum List

Back