700 Teachers Leaving Omaha Schools

Teachers should pass on life lessons to their students. Sadly most teachers lives are such a mess that they have no good advice to offer. So it all works out for the best. ;)

So how did you come across this information? In my 21 years of teaching, no one in any official capacity asked me about my life?

I think you are simply making shit up to fit your agenda.

Sure, trans kids exist mostly in your imagination. Oh, I am sure there are a few thousand in the US out of 335 million people. One of my daughter's best friends is allegedly trans female to male. She cannot have surgery and doesn't want to if she could. That makes her a lesbian. She is the only "trans" person I have met in my 61 years on this earth and she is not really "trans". That is a pretty good indication that they are as common as hen's teeth.

Trans kids need a good psychiatrist and to be removed from their parent's custody. My daughter's friend was the result of her mother abandoning her at a young age and suffering under a domineering grandmother. We tried to get her out of that situation for years.

Parents that makes threats to school can and are prosecuted by LOCAL law enforcement. Why is the FBI involved? What federal law is being broken?

As for being a right wing extremist, I was a public school teacher for 21 years. I am a staunch conservative but most of the conservatives on this board know so little about public education, they think I am a liberal.
When most kids bring extreme liberal ideas home what other conclusion can be reached?

So how did you come across this information? In my 21 years of teaching, no one in any official capacity asked me about my life?

In my 13 years of being a student no teacher every gave me a single piece of useful advice even though I was in their 'custody and care' for seven hours a day, five days a week, for nine months of each of those years.

I conclude that from perusing information about the physical and mental health of Americans. Unless teachers are a different species they too share all of these problems.

Last edited:
Agree with this and I think you're talking about Common Core math--almost universally hated and I would add developmentally a disaster for kids. The eggheads up top never learn (ironically). They've just been shown that their reading adventure of the last 20+ years was counterproductive but then they had to go messing with math too. It will end the same way.

It was a disaster that caused kids MORE trauma about math than ever before. And in the primary grades where it REALLY counts -- it made them more anxious and confused.

It was another attempt to mangle a DIFFERENT language than English (which they've turned into babble) , I dont see college courses taught even today replacing "equations and relationships" with the cruddy concept of "number sentences"... OR PRIORITIZING estimates instead of actual calculating numbers.

But it's also the creep of injecting social justice issues, historical issues and warped environmental baggage into the math curriculum and textbooks. SJWarriors as a career dont need no racist math anyways..

It was a disaster that caused kids MORE trauma about math than ever before. And in the primary grades where it REALLY counts -- it made them more anxious and confused.

It was another attempt to mangle a DIFFERENT language than English (which they've turned into babble) , I dont see college courses taught even today replacing "equations and relationships" with the cruddy concept of "number sentences"... OR PRIORITIZING estimates instead of actual calculating numbers.

But it's also the creep of injecting social justice issues, historical issues and warped environmental baggage into the math curriculum and textbooks. SJWarriors as a career dont need no racist math anyways..

Why should they be covering information you are already supposed to possess? Have you joined the over-active imaginations club that far too many people on this message board are considered charter members?

In 21 years of teaching math, no one ever provided me with any of the shit you claim exists.

Uh...no.

We used to have parent involvement. Because people who had kids planned to have kids. But personal responsibility became someone else's problem.

Of course alot of this is because what we used to have in the nation was a social structure. You study well, learn a trade or go to college, you get a job and stay at a company for decades. You made a great living being what used to be called a "company man" (a lot of women were "company men"). And one day, companies got greedy, pensions were replaced by 401k plans, skilled workers were replaced by temps, companies were offshored because they could pay someone in Asia a dollar a day instead of 10 dollars an hour. So if you're a student and you see your dad (if he's around) on his third career...does that make you more or less likely into following in his footsteps?

As always, you'll have some angry, snide retort. I need a good laugh. Hit me with it.

So youre not at all aware or concerned that the end result that public schools are driving to are "equal OUTCOMES" instead of "equal OPPORTUNITY"? You support ditching honors and advanced placement because the schools in the "difficult" districts just FAILED AND CAPITULATED to lowering standards? Like the idea of no Valedictorians or recognition for academic excellence?

Or maybe the pub schools have failed so badly in MANY places that it's ludicrous to even imagine "academic awards" and recognition. And the subtle racism and classism of "lowered expectations" is what you crave.

All your economic ranting up there in the quote is ACTUALLY a solid argument for MAGAgain -- aint it kinda? LOL... Bringing jobs BACK from low wage countries - stop injecting millions of low-skilled impoverished workers with kids crowding and taxing the pub school systems with language issues. That kind of thing.

Bullshit! You have no evidence of this and are still making shit up to fit your agenda of being a fucking moron!

Sorry if I'm goring your sacred cow. ;)

The evidence is all around you if you have the eyes to see it.

This article suggests that most teachers have such high levels of stress that it impacts their students as well as the curriculum. This lays a pretty shaky academic foundation for the students.

Last edited:
Stop doing those things to kids. Things will be pleasant and right again.

And maybe stop cutting Advanced Placement, Honors courses, any kind of awards and recognition for academic achievement. The public schools' JOB is academic achievement. NOT social justice, NOT clinical psychology by polling them on their personal issues and preferences.

THE GOOD teachers will stay. The few NOISY bad ones will leave.
Actually, the good teachers are the ones leaving. They've got other options.....and are now taking them.

They're on TikTok and social media DISPLAYING their baggage. And pushing all the woke stuff that became the highest priorities of an Education Dept at University. The culture war IS FULLY engaged and infiltrated into pub schools these days. You're sitting on the sidelines with metrics from DECADES ago. WakeTfuck up..

You ever been to drag queen story hour in a PUBLIC ELEMENTARY SCHOOL??

PROGRAM PARTNERS​

DSH NYC does programming in partnership with the following libraries, schools, community spaces, and other venues around New York City.

Our programs are made possible by the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of the Office of the Governor and the New York State Legislature.

Our programs are supported, in part, by public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the City Council.

Preschools
Bija Project
Bright Horizons Preschool, Roosevelt Island
Camp Alamander at the Brooklyn Free School
Chickpeas Preschool
Congregation Beth Elohim Preschool
Downing Street Preschool
Greenpoint Montessori
Henry Street Settlement Preschool
Jackson Heights Early Learning Center
Katmint Preschool
Maple Street Preschool
The Wonder School, Brooklyn
Elementary Schools
Berkeley Carroll School
Brooklyn Friends School
Brooklyn Heights Montessori School
Chapin School
Dalton School
District 1 Community Education Council
Excellence Charter School
Foundry Learning School
Greene Hill School
Hunter College Elementary School
International School of Brooklyn
KIPPS Washington Heights Elementary School
Poly Prep Lower School
PS 10, Magnet School of Math, Science, and Design School
PS 11
PS 118
PS 11Q
PS 126
PS 132, The Conselyea School
PS 144
PS 146, The Brooklyn New School
PS 149
PS 150Q
PS 154, The Windsor Terrace School
PS 17Q
PS 2
PS 261
PS 295, The Studio School of Art and Culture
PS 3, The Charette School
PS 32
PS 333, Manhattan School for Children
PS 34, Franklin D. Roosevelt Elementary School
PS 362, The Neighborhood School
PS 368, Hamilton Heights School
PS 398
PS 42, Benjamin Altman School
PS 43
PS 452
PS 503
PS 56, Lewis H. Latimer School
PS 63, Star Academy
PS 83
Renaissance Charter Elementary School
Saint Ann's School
School at Columbia University, The

You're a liar and I think increasingly not a teacher actually

Boston honey

Sure
Who the hell are you that you could imagine being important enough that I would give a crap what you do or do not believe? You are nowhere near worth lying to. You were just obviously looking for an opportunity to quit, and you come here to whine and justify giving up on students. That sucks.

So youre not at all aware or concerned that the end result that public schools are driving to are "equal OUTCOMES" instead of "equal OPPORTUNITY"? You support ditching honors and advanced placement because the schools in the "difficult" districts just FAILED AND CAPITULATED to lowering standards? Like the idea of no Valedictorians or recognition for academic excellence?

Or maybe the pub schools have failed so badly in MANY places that it's ludicrous to even imagine "academic awards" and recognition. And the subtle racism and classism of "lowered expectations" is what you crave.

All your economic ranting up there in the quote is ACTUALLY a solid argument for MAGAgain -- aint it kinda? LOL... Bringing jobs BACK from low wage countries - stop injecting millions of low-skilled impoverished workers with kids crowding and taxing the pub school systems with language issues. That kind of thing.
Still exaggerating I see. Many schools in liberal La-la Land are doing exactly what you claim, but that is NOT the case in about 95% of public schools across this nation. The media grabs a story about a school doing away with valedictorians and you take it, hook line and sinker, thinking it is every school!

Forum List

Back