Did you have a favorite teacher in school?

Who was your favorite teacher of all time, during your school years?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Baron Von Murderpaws

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2021
In the recesses of your mind
Did you have a special teacher you liked more than all the others?

1652312914680.png

View attachment 643364

A science teacher who also coached football team and was a Korean War Marine Corps veteran. No matter where you were inside or outside the school you could hear the man's voice. The man had one hell of a set of pipes.

A petit black woman and one of the most intelligent people and highly ranked teachers. Who took the time to teach after hours this low-class country boy whom other teachers discounted and in 15 minutes took him from only doing remedial math to doing advanced geometry equations. And gave me the advice that people like me have to Push to get anywhere in life! Push!

We had a history teacher that claimed:
To have ran away to join the circus and actually got to join.
Lied about his age and lied about having flight experience and got away with it.
To have been at Pearl Harbor.
Had three planes shot out from under him and lived.
Met three presidents.
Taught Neil Armstrong how to fly jets.
A million other incredible things.
We named a road for him.

11th grade art teacher. Looked her up and saw where she became a somewhat popular childrens book author.

Metal shop teacher. Had him for 4 semesters. Introduced us to building electronics. He had a Thorens turntable on his desk spinning anything we brought to class.

I went to a Catholic GS and HS, Community College, University of PIttsburgh, and Duquesne Law School, as well as classes and seminars aplenty.

My best/favorite teacher taught Western Civ at the Community College of Allegheny County. Name was Prof. Kudlik (spelling may be wrong). He demanded and taught more in 15 weeks than I got from any other teacher, ever. We had five textbooks (four of them paperback), he lectured for the full hour each session, and everything he taught was supplementary to the texts. His grading philosophy was as follows: If you give me back on tests everything I taught, that's a B. To get an A you have to teach me something I didn't know before.

How he survived with that philosophy at a Community College I cannot fathom. He gave me my only B in that entire year, and I was damn proud to have earned it.

Wish I could find him and shake his hand, but he's probably long gone now.

P.S. I was "working" as a night watchman during those semesters, so keeping up with the massive reading assignments was not a problem. Too bad for everyone else.

Science teacher.

Had the most unique teaching method...He didn't get up in front of the class and instruct....He handed out "contracts" at the beginning of the term, whereby we all could choose the science projects we wished to do, and the amount completed determined the grade.

Though most could be completed on an individual basis, the number of projects required to get a B or greater required you to do a number of group projects.....He was always available to everyone to help guide them through any challenges anyone was having.

Always completed my contract before the term was over....Always learned things that I didn't think I'd be interested in....Always got an A.

My primary school science teacher must have been about 120 years old. He was a kind, docile old man whose spectacles were forever down at the tip of his nose so he kept his head tilted forward and looked at the world over the top of them. He brought a ginkgo leaf to class on one occasion and the recipe for persimmon beer on another. Old man Kohler.

View attachment 643364
When in sixth grade the school Principal would teach the morning class. He would start out by reading the newspaper to us and we would discuss current events. For example the Russians launched the first satellite, Sputnik, that year. I really enjoyed his class.

He is largely responsible for my love of news.

When in sixth grade the school Principal would teach the morning class. He would start out by reading the newspaper to us and we would discuss current events. For example the Russians launched the first satellite, Sputnik, that year. I really enjoyed his class.

He is largely responsible for my love of news.
We must be about the same age.

Forum List

Back