600,000 Still Without Power in Florida

The southern west coast was mostly destroyed.... :(

They are not counting all those demolished homes, as ones that still need to be connected, are they?

I feel terrible for those people. Having a home destroyed is devastating. Much infrastructure will have to be rebuilt. It's going to be a long process. Very very long. But the young working generation we have will ensure it gets done.

I feel terrible for those people. Having a home destroyed is devastating. Much infrastructure will have to be rebuilt. It's going to be a long process. Very very long. But the young working generation we have will ensure it gets done.
My brother's property in Sarasota was badly damaged.

Yep! I'm sure lots of construction guys and carpenters from up here who go jobless over the winter up here, will head down there to work and help rebuild!

I know this will not be a popular position, but people really need to think twice about rebuilding at all.

And if they do they should take a lesson from places like Okinawa that get hit by typhoons every year and go for function over style.

I hope things get rebuilt and those that lost their homes are able to pick up the pieces and move forward. They need aid and help at this time, not declension and division, lets hope the leaders all put that away and work for their constituents as the swore to do when elected.

I know this will not be a popular position, but people really need to think twice about rebuilding at all.

And if they do they should take a lesson from places like Okinawa that get hit by typhoons every year and go for function over style.
There's not one thing wrong with your statement.

If you're going to build on the coast, you have to be prepared for the consequences.

Concrete, reinforced, deep-bedded, stilt houses all throughout Florida. That's the only thing that really works.

If you're going to build on the coast, you have to be prepared for the consequences.

Concrete, reinforced, deep-bedded, stilt houses all throughout Florida. That's the only thing that really works.

People are criticized for building on a floodplain and then wanting the Govt to help them when it floods, but nobody says that about these houses on the beach.

More overpriced homes the US taxpayer will have to pay for will get rebuilt.
They likely have insurance for their homes, to rebuild them, but won't be able to get coverage for their rebuilt new home???

Should cost a pretty penny, for new coverage...?

So, that could affect a rebuild?

Yeah!

And what about the bridges and causeways...?? Those need rebuilding in a hurricane safe way as well..... for people on the islands.... Would that be on us?

I'm thinking the islands might need to become state or county parks.... Concrete and reinforced stilts.... may not be enough?

Guess Mrs Clean and I won't be spending any time in Sanibel this winter.

Damn!

Not looking good. We were there in April. Do you all ever eat at Sweet Melissa's Cafe? That place alone was worth the trip.

Last edited:
Yep! I'm sure lots of construction guys and carpenters from up here who go jobless over the winter up here, will head down there to work and help rebuild!
That's what happened after Andrew in 1992. Them fucking yankees saw how to live like a human and never went home. Ruined dade and broward.
1993 I bought my first farm in my second world upgrade project.

More overpriced homes the US taxpayer will have to pay for will get rebuilt.
One%20sick%20puppy-S.jpg

Forum List

Back