5 facts on how Americans view taxes

alpine

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2012
3-19-2015_01.png

1. Almost two-thirds (64%) say they are bothered a lot by the feeling that some corporations arenā€™t paying whatā€™s fair in federal taxes, and 61% say the same about some wealthy people

2. 53% say they pay about the right amount

3, About one-third (34%) like or even love doing their taxes

4. Just 45% of Americans have a favorable rating of the IRS

5. Only 6% of Americans think it is morally acceptable for people to evade tax. Republicans (5%), Democrats (7%) and independents (5%) are about as likely to say this. However, Republicans are more likely than Democrats to call this morally wrong (78% vs. 68%), while Democrats are more likely to frame it as ā€œnot a moral issueā€ (21% vs. 15%).

Pretty conclusive results;
Democrats are more corrupt than Republicans :lmao:

Last edited:
Corporate America is fucking destroying our middle class and favoring the third world.

Your beloved "gubermint" is a corporation.......how and the fuck can you not know that? It was incorporated in 1871. It is THE biggest corporation of all and owns majority shares in every Fortune 500 corporation and their subsidiaries....now you know whey this corporations pay so little in taxes....it would affect the bottom line of USA.INC....they just run a deficit and pass the bill on to you and I......great system, no?

Sorry, made a mistake;

typed 3 rather than 53, fixed that

Which means;

Since the rich always complaining about how their tax is tooo high; this 53% should be all lower class in this case, thinking they are paying about the right amount, and feels fine paying the tax

And 1#(64% say they are bothered by corporations arenā€™t paying enough) indicates all lower class are happy to pay what they are paying and all pissed to the rich people, who are complaining about their taxes :D

Middle class carries the whole country. It's shrinking too. (the middle class)

Anyone using the tax code to legally pay the least amount of taxes necessary isn't evading paying taxes. They're simply smart enough to use the system the professional politicians have put in place for everyones' benefit.

If anyone doesn't like that their beef should be with the authors of the code rather than tax payers who use what's been made available to them.

3-19-2015_01.png

1. Almost two-thirds (64%) say they are bothered a lot by the feeling that some corporations arenā€™t paying whatā€™s fair in federal taxes, and 61% say the same about some wealthy people

5. Only 6% of Americans think it is morally acceptable for people to evade tax. Republicans (5%), Democrats (7%) and independents (5%) are about as likely to say this. However, Republicans are more likely than Democrats to call this morally wrong (78% vs. 68%), while Democrats are more likely to frame it as ā€œnot a moral issueā€ (21% vs. 15%).

53% say they pay the right amount

Does that include the 47% who pay no income tax? If I paid ZERO income tax I'd say it was the right amount too

3-19-2015_01.png

Does that include the 47% who pay no income tax? If I paid ZERO income tax I'd say it was the right amount too

The question is not specific to income tax tho. All together including payroll taxes, sales taxes, states taxes, property taxes...

Anyone using the tax code to legally pay the least amount of taxes necessary isn't evading paying taxes. They're simply smart enough to use the system the professional politicians have put in place for everyones' benefit.

If anyone doesn't like that their beef should be with the authors of the code rather than tax payers who use what's been made available to them.

If it is legal, yes

Evading tax is referring to some people not reporting their earnings, their taxable income, so they can evade tax...

3-19-2015_01.png

The question is not specific to income tax tho. All together including payroll taxes, sales taxes, states taxes, property taxes...
income taxes take the biggest bite. So if people don't pay income tax then they are of course happy.

If 47% of people paid the income tax AND all those others I think they'd be singing a different tune

3-19-2015_01.png

income taxes take the biggest bite. So if people don't pay income tax then they are of course happy.

If 47% of people paid the income tax AND all those others I think they'd be singing a different tune

If they had to pay income tax over their below 20K they earned that year, while corp keep their profits in Cayman islands to avoid tax, I think singing would be a very optimistic thing you should be expecting from them...

3-19-2015_01.png

If they had to pay income tax over their below 20K they earned that year, while corp keep their profits in Cayman islands to avoid tax, I think singing would be a very optimistic thing you should be expecting from them...

Corporate taxes are a poor argument

Every cent a corporation makes ends up as income for someone eventually where it will be taxed or it is spent on capital investments for the corporation.

Dispelling The Myth of Corporate Cash Hoarding

3-19-2015_01.png

Every cent a corporation makes ends up as income for someone eventually where it will be taxed or it is spent on capital investments for the corporation.

"Every cent a corporation makes ends up as income for someone eventually"

It sure does, in Cayman Islands....... far away from the US tax law.......

Or is it???

Two Cayman Island Financial Institutions Plead Guilty in Manhattan Federal Court to Conspiring to Hide More Than $130 Million in Cayman Bank Accounts | OPA | Department of Justice

You may run from the law
But you cant hide from the law....

The law is gonna get you!

"Every cent a corporation makes ends up as income for someone eventually"

It sure does, in Cayman Islands....... far away from the US tax law.......

Or is it???

Two Cayman Island Financial Institutions Plead Guilty in Manhattan Federal Court to Conspiring to Hide More Than $130 Million in Cayman Bank Accounts | OPA | Department of Justice

You may run from the law
But you cant hide from the law....

The law is gonna get you!

If the profit was made here it is taxed here. A bank account in the Caymans doesn't change that the only thing not getting taxed there is any interest gains on the money and as I have shown you the corporations don't keep that much cash anyway

Forum List

Back