What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

401K folks: What percentage are you up/down?

Anathema

Crotchety Olde Man
Reaction score
All depreciating assets. Not that it is not smart to have them
Life is a depreciating asset. I’m fairly certain I’ll be dead before those products lose their value

OP
McRib

McRib

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Scary as hell but the smartest thing I've ever done... I have great tenants who pay on time... now if they can keep their jobs we will be just fine...
It's actually, in a lot of ways., a better investment than the stock market. But it has it's own risks, such as bad renters, higher tax rates, and rising insurance rates. But an equally good investment as the stock market, and some would argue a better one. I just wouldn't want the headaches, personally, but I suppose you can pay someone to manage them if you want to.

OP
McRib

McRib

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Life is a depreciating asset. I’m fairly certain I’ll be dead before those products lose their value
Don't make it a self fulfilling prophecy. If people think they are going to croak early, they often do just that.

Anathema

Crotchety Olde Man
Reaction score
Don't make it a self fulfilling prophecy. If people think they are going to croak early, they often do just that
I’ve been on the road to an early grace for years. Not sure there’s an off-ramp this far down the highway to Hell

💲 Amazon Deals 💲

Forum List