40,000 New Laws! Happy New Year?...

"The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws." - Ayn Rand

Spot On. Thanks for that. We are a Police/Prison State now. By far, we lead the way in the World in imprisoning Citizens. It's very sad.

You fools don't know what a police state is! Some of my last relatives to come to America told me about the Soviet Police state. I have heard from many middle easterns about the Islamist police states. I went to a lecture in law school from Chinese Business man who told me about the Chinese police state!

We are not living in a police state, but we DO live in a modern society of computers and cameras etc.!

We are a Police/Prison State now. No other Nation imprisons its Citizens more than our's does. These are very sad times for our Nation.

40,000 new laws take effect in 2014

It may have been the least productive year for Congress in history, at least in terms of passing laws – fewer than 60 of which made it through the House and Senate and were signed by President Barack Obama.

Across the country, however, state lawmakers were busy getting more than 40,000 bills passed, ones that tackle everything from drones to food stamp benefits.

In Illinois for example, teenagers will no longer get to use tanning beds without a doctor's note. If you live in Delaware, visit the shark fin buffet while you can, a new law will make it illegal to own, sale, or distribute the controversial delicacy. And in California, new laws take effect that will let students take part in school sports, or use bathrooms based on their gender identity, regardless of the gender noted in their birth certificates.

Legendary attorney, Harvard law professor, and author of "Taking the Stand" Alan Dershowitz joins "The Lead" to discuss some of the other fascinating – and controversial – new laws of 2014.

40,000 New Laws Take Effect In 2014 - YouTube

So much for the "do nothing Congress" leftists have been screaming for years now.

If only it were true! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Please watch the video. It specificly mentions 40K STATE laws. It specifically states there is a significant DECREASE in fed regulation and he believes that to be the norm!

Too much Government is too much Government. That goes for both State and Federal. We need less Government intervention in our lives.

"The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws." - Ayn Rand
The same thing with taxes too..

It may have been the least productive year for Congress in history, at least in terms of passing laws – fewer than 60 of which made it through the House and Senate and were signed by President Barack Obama.

Across the country, however, state lawmakers were busy getting more than 40,000 bills passed, ones that tackle everything from drones to food stamp benefits.

In Illinois for example, teenagers will no longer get to use tanning beds without a doctor's note. If you live in Delaware, visit the shark fin buffet while you can, a new law will make it illegal to own, sale, or distribute the controversial delicacy. And in California, new laws take effect that will let students take part in school sports, or use bathrooms based on their gender identity, regardless of the gender noted in their birth certificates.

Legendary attorney, Harvard law professor, and author of "Taking the Stand" Alan Dershowitz joins "The Lead" to discuss some of the other fascinating – and controversial – new laws of 2014.

So much for the "do nothing Congress" leftists have been screaming for years now.

I pray everyday for a 'Do-Nothing' Congress. The less they do, the better off Americans will be.
I pray everyday for a Congress that balances the budget and clears the nation of its debts to foreign countries.

These laws aren't federal laws, they are state laws. Surprisingly enough, California passed Voter ID.

That's because they passed a law for illegals to get a Calif. Driver License.

Spot On. Thanks for that. We are a Police/Prison State now. By far, we lead the way in the World in imprisoning Citizens. It's very sad.

You fools don't know what a police state is! Some of my last relatives to come to America told me about the Soviet Police state. I have heard from many middle easterns about the Islamist police states. I went to a lecture in law school from Chinese Business man who told me about the Chinese police state!

We are not living in a police state, but we DO live in a modern society of computers and cameras etc.!

We are a Police/Prison State now. No other Nation imprisons its Citizens more than our's does. These are very sad times for our Nation.

I love this argument against the prison system. We have too many people in prison we must have a police state! YIKES. Well we have an inner city crime problem. Regardless of the leftist propaganda that majority of drug offenders behind bars are there for distribution or for other crimes involving theft or violence.

Are you really arguing that if someone invades someone's property and sells their possession they should get a slap on the wrist. Very unlibertarian of you, since a prime tenent of libertarianism is gov prime purpose is to protect privacy property.

We don't have a police state equates to Marshall Law. We are FREE to state what we don't like about the government on the internet, in the media and in public. Heck many people push the envelope on it.

We can sue the government in many cases and have our FAIR day in court!

Only the naive would say this is a police state!

I love this argument against the prison system. We have too many people in prison we must have a police state! YIKES. Well we have an inner city crime problem. Regardless of the leftist propaganda that majority of drug offenders behind bars are there for distribution or for other crimes involving theft or violence.

Are you really arguing that if someone invades someone's property and sells their possession they should get a slap on the wrist. Very unlibertarian of you, since a prime tenent of libertarianism is gov prime purpose is to protect privacy property.

We don't have a police state equates to Marshall Law. We are FREE to state what we don't like about the government on the internet, in the media and in public. Heck many people push the envelope on it.

We can sue the government in many cases and have our FAIR day in court!

Only the naive would say this is a police state!

No other Nation imprisons its own Citizens more than the U.S. does. Celebrate that if you like, but i won't be joining you in your celebration. It's getting worse by the day.

Forum List

Back