4 stabbed in church- Time we ban knives

That is complete and utter nonsense. In a conceal carry area, the following is just as likely:

A citizen with a gun stopped a knife wielding man as he began stabbing people Thursday evening at the downtown Salt Lake City Smith's store.

Police say the suspect purchased a knife inside the store and then turned it into a weapon. Smith's employee Dorothy Espinoza says, "He pulled it out and stood outside the Smiths in the foyer. And just started stabbing people and yelling you killed my people. You killed my people."

Espinoza says, the knife wielding man seriously injured two people. "There is blood all over. One got stabbed in the stomach and got stabbed in the head and held his hands and got stabbed all over the arms."

Then, before the suspect could find another victim - a citizen with a gun stopped the madness. "A guy pulled gun on him and told him to drop his weapon or he would shoot him. So, he dropped his weapon and the people from Smith's grabbed him."...

Gun carrying man ends stabbing spree at Salt Lake grocery store - ABC4.com - Salt Lake City, Utah News
Nobody died in your story either.

If the perp had a gun instead of a knife, there would have been deaths.

Again with the false assumption

But very likely.

Everyone survived.

If it was a gun, they'd all be dead.

False assumption...

The skill or ability of the attacked determines that.. I can kill just as easily with a knife as I can with a firearm.... My one brother cannot hit the broad side of a barn with a rifle or handgun, but he can still easily cause damage enough to kill efficiently with a blade

It's much easier to run from a knife wielder.

Uh huh... much easier to get missed by a 'gun wielder' when running as well...

You guys and your assumptions

Nobody died in your story either.

If the perp had a gun instead of a knife, there would have been deaths.

Again with the false assumption

But very likely.

Uh huh... and your data behind this is what???

The skill and determination of the attacker is key.. not inherently the weapon

But keep going with your little myths... I am sure you will scare someone enough to sway them to your side out of pure ignorance

We have background checks...

And don't come back with the already debunked gunshow loophole myth... that tactic is just pitiful

Why do you wingnuts lie about background checks? Most of your lies have been debunked.

We do have background checks..

All vendors at gun shows must conduct background checks..

You sir, are lying as always

Seriously, are you that stupid or do you think we're that stupid?

Why do you wingnuts lie about background checks? Most of your lies have been debunked.

We do have background checks..

All vendors at gun shows must conduct background checks..

You sir, are lying as always

Seriously, are you that stupid or do you think we're that stupid?

I know the truth is hard for you to accept when i does not fit your agenda...

FBI check is done by the vendors there just as if they were in their home store....

But nice try, chief shitting bull

Media matter and other winger links...

Oh... that seals the deal :rolleyes:

Nah... I'll stick with the actual laws... and the fact that those vendors at the gun shows have to and do run the very same background checks at the show that they do at their home store...

More disinformation from Sarah G. What many conservatives do not want is a giant federal database to track law-abiding citizens' behavior. The Feds can't even connect the dots when Russia provides info on a suspected terrorist in the making. They aren't going to prevent criminals from getting guns with such a database, but they will prevent citizens who may have taken medication at some point in their lives from doing so.

Uh huh, you freaks just want to hide how many guns and how much ammo you're stockpiling. You are not fooling anyone, fool.

Media matter and other winger links...

Oh... that seals the deal :rolleyes:

Nah... I'll stick with the actual laws... and the fact that those vendors at the gun shows have to and do run the very same background checks at the show that they do at their home store...

Seriously, Dave, get a grip.

Unfortunately, current federal law requires criminal background checks only for guns sold through licensed firearm dealers, which account for just 60% of all gun sales in the United States. A loophole in the law allows individuals not “engaged in the business” of selling firearms to sell guns without a license—and without processing any paperwork. That means that two out of every five guns sold in the United States change hands without a background check.

Though commonly referred to as the “Gun Show Loophole,” the “private sales” described above include guns sold at gun shows, through classified newspaper ads, the Internet, and between individuals virtually anywhere.

Gun Show Loophole - Coalition to Stop Gun Violence

It is a truth universally acknowledged that people who post links for which they have neither the courtesy nor the intellectual heft to provide an explanation as to their relevance, merely demonstrate the bankruptcy of their opinions.

Just sayin'.

If the link "title" doesn't stir any interest - I doubt posting any content would. I've read these links, and their supporting links, and they contain good information - just not information wingnuts want to see or hear.

It is a truth universally acknowledged that people who post links for which they have neither the courtesy nor the intellectual heft to provide an explanation as to their relevance, merely demonstrate the bankruptcy of their opinions.

Just sayin'.

If the link "title" doesn't stir any interest - I doubt posting any content would. I've read these links, and their supporting links, and they contain good information - just not information wingnuts want to see or hear.

One link is from the Daily Beast, the other from Media Matters. The last one is from the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence (hence the acronym "csgv".) That's all the explanation I need. You are far from honest, these links are a slap to any intellectual's face, and you sir are disgraceful.

False assumption...

The skill or ability of the attacked determines that.. I can kill just as easily with a knife as I can with a firearm.... My one brother cannot hit the broad side of a barn with a rifle or handgun, but he can still easily cause damage enough to kill efficiently with a blade

Uh huh... much easier to get missed by a 'gun wielder' when running as well...

You guys and your assumptions

Well with knives being so effective we can ban guns and use knives for defense.

Heck the military can get rid of those expensive guns and use knives instead.

Everyone survived.

If it was a gun, they'd all be dead.

False assumption...

But it's much easier to whip my pistol out and take out the knife man. Than for me to run.

Just sayin'.

You claim they contain good information, but have no ability to explain what it is.

:clap2:

Forum List

Back