270 to Win Presidential Election Simulator shows Obama winning!

Presidential election simulator.

Click the link and watch the electoral map fill in. Even with Romney winning many swing states, Obama still wins the electoral vote.

It's a random generator, dumb ass. Look what I got after 3 runs...

Learn to actually read your sources... shit for brains...

The simulator is not a predictor of the election. It provides a range of electoral outcomes that are plausible if the election were today, if the state polls were accurate and if each state were a fully independent event. The election is still months away; state polling is still infrequent and may be ‘stale’. While each state is, in theory, a separate election, the reality is that there are usually correlations. For example, if Obama were to win Georgia, he wouldn’t lose Virginia. However, something like that is possible in a given simulation. As a result, this model underplays the likelihood of toss-up states breaking heavily for one candidate.

Attachments

• $romney_electoral.JPG
    $romney_electoral.JPG
    138.1 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
The simulator is not a predictor of the election. It provides a range of electoral outcomes that are plausible if the election were today, if the state polls were accurate and if each state were a fully independent event. The election is still months away; state polling is still infrequent and may be 'stale'. While each state is, in theory, a separate election, the reality is that there are usually correlations. For example, if Obama were to win Georgia, he wouldn't lose Virginia. However, something like that is possible in a given simulation. As a result, this model underplays the likelihood of toss-up states breaking heavily for one candidate. Click here to see how the 2008 simulator performed.

2012 Presidential Election Simulator Results

Part of me almost hopes Romney wins the Popular Vote, But loses the EC. Just so we can watch all these fucking Lefties who have cried about the EC since 2000, all of the sudden see it's wisdom.

:)

On the deaths of Americans in the embassy in Libya...

Quote: Originally Posted by francoHFW
This is a learning experience for couple of fledgling democracies...

That is not what I was talking about, you lying Pub dupe POS. "a couple of fledgling democracies"? _-That doesn't even make any sense, you typical piece of Pubcrappe...

Last edited:
Methodology We take current state-by-state polls and turn the results into probabilities. Each simulation picks a winner in each individual state, based on the probabilities for that state. For example, if Romney has a 55% chance of winning Nevada, he will, in the long run, win Nevada in 55% of the simulations conducted. Some uncontested states (e.g., Utah) will always yield the same result. The simulator does not consider the possibility of split electoral votes in Maine or Nebraska.

The simulator is not a predictor of the election. It provides a range of electoral outcomes that are plausible if the election were today, if the state polls were accurate and if each state were a fully independent event. The election is still months away; state polling is still infrequent and may be ‘stale’. While each state is, in theory, a separate election, the reality is that there are usually correlations. For example, if Obama were to win Georgia, he wouldn’t lose Virginia. However, something like that is possible in a given simulation. As a result, this model underplays the likelihood of toss-up states breaking heavily for one candidate.

You will get different results based on polls and methods mentioned above. In every case Obama is shown to win. I suppose if you had nothing better to do than run it dozens of times, it might show Romney winning occasionally. I ran it 28 times and Obama won every time from about 289 to 332 electoral votes.

Last edited:
Methodology We take current state-by-state polls and turn the results into probabilities. Each simulation picks a winner in each individual state, based on the probabilities for that state. For example, if Romney has a 55% chance of winning Nevada, he will, in the long run, win Nevada in 55% of the simulations conducted. Some uncontested states (e.g., Utah) will always yield the same result. The simulator does not consider the possibility of split electoral votes in Maine or Nebraska.

You will get different results based on polls and methods mentioned above. In every case Obama is shown to win. I suppose if you had nothing better to do than run it dozens of times, it might show Romney winning occasionally. I ran it 28 times and Obama won every time from about 289 to 332 electoral votes.

No not in every case does it show obama winning

No not in every case does it show obama winning

I just said that--but the vast majority of simulations do show him winning.

Someone mentioned no way will Obama win NC as if that were the determining factor. One simulation showed him winning NC but others not. However he did win other needed states in 99% of the simulations, including NC occasionally.

Presidential election simulator.

Click the link and watch the electoral map fill in. Even with Romney winning many swing states, Obama still wins the electoral vote.

I am sure Big Bird is relieved... for now... but wait till the rest of the undecided are introduced to GAFFE-A-Minute-Biden!
Then when Biden blows up by Ryan's logic, rational questioning of an idiot Biden who ADMITS they want $1 trillion taxes, who thinks all 7-11s are run by Indians, who called Obama " articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," just wait!
This waling example of "foot-n-mouth-disease" who once said China be only one building coal fired utilities while closing USA utilities.. who once
so brilliantly asks a wheel-chair-bound person to "Stand up"!!
Yea... I am fairly confident that Biden who told a group of blacks.. “put y’all back in chains.” will entertain us but give us pause that this guy is a heart beat away from the button! Think about that for a sobering minute!
Biden as President asked in a 3:00 AM call that Iranian missiles are on the way... duck and cover folks!

Everything seems to rest on Ohio this time. It was just a blowout last time in terms of Electoral College results.

If the election were today, Mitt's best shot at states he could pick off are FL, NC, and IN.

Coincidentally, if you give him NV, VA and IO, which are basically toss-ups at this point, and give Obama his 4-point CNN lead in OH, than both men finish with 269 electoral votes and John Boehner and company getting to pick who the next President is.

The democratic leaning polls also show Obamama winning. Chris Matthew has Obamama in a route. Looks like the only chance us righties have is the actual vote.

How do we decide the winner again? Is it electoral map generator? Do we ask Chris Matthews? Oh, I remember, we look at daily tracking polls... no that wasn't it.

Ah yes, we count actual votes. That means you have to get all those lazy lefties away from their bongs and out of bed... I think I like our chances!!

Forum List

Back