~25% of Americans do Not Believe in God

The number of atheists is hard to nail down because that is the nice thing about being an atheist, you aren't preoccupied with what you don't believe in at all.

Religion however requires daily affirmation, as if if you skip a couple days your 'faith' will start waning. Which it does apparently. Interestingly 48% of Americans believe in ghosts. 20% say they have seen a ghost. However 43% of bigfoots or big-feet, if you will, claim they don't believe in ghosts and 57% of the reptilians say the claims of the bigfeet are not accurate and that their feet are too big. Which in mixed company always makes for a HUGE argument between the large-pedals and scaly-skins. Only if there is a Headsman from Klolob is the dispute settled without violence. The talking snake generally stays out of the melee and hangs near the fruit bowl.

Lmao!
" The number of atheists is hard to nail down because that is the nice thing about being an atheist, you aren't preoccupied with what you don't believe in at all."

Bullshit.

Religion has no place in school since it is the farthest thing from science there is.

This from the side whose “science” asserts that Bruce Jenner is a woman, and that transgenderism is anything other than mental and moral illness.

Science asserts that? I'd love to see an example of science asserting that Jenner is a woman.

Note that I put “science” in quotes.

No, genuine science does not assert that. Genuine science solidly refutes it. Yet is accepted as fact by those on the left wrong, who like to lay claim to “science”, while, in fact, repudiating genuine science.

When a LIbEral speaks of “science”, he rarely means by that word what sane people understand that word to mean.

Well, I haven't seen or heard anyone claim that science says Jenner is a woman, liberal or not.

Now, the current trend seems to be to look at gender as an emotional rather than biological state; one can have a different gender than their physical sex. That is a different thing than claiming science says Jenner (or other transgendered people) is a woman.

Religion has no place in school since it is the farthest thing from science there is.

This from the side whose “science” asserts that Bruce Jenner is a woman, and that transgenderism is anything other than mental and moral illness.

Science asserts that? I'd love to see an example of science asserting that Jenner is a woman.

No, genuine science does not assert that. Genuine science solidly refutes it. Yet is accepted as fact by those on the left wrong, who like to lay claim to “science”, while, in fact, repudiating genuine science.

When a LIbEral speaks of “science”, he rarely means by that word what sane people understand that word to mean.

Well, I haven't seen or heard anyone claim that science says Jenner is a woman, liberal or not.

Now, the current trend seems to be to look at gender as an emotional rather than biological state; one can have a different gender than their physical sex. That is a different thing than claiming science says Jenner (or other transgendered people) is a woman.
You are stupid.

Atheists are simply looking for the evidence.

roflmao, yeah, but the rest of the 98% of the world just dont care if there is any evidence? Are you that stupid?

Show irrefutable evidence of a supernatural being and there won't be a need to 'believe', facts are facts.

That evidence has been obvious for thousands of years going back to Plato and Aristotle.

You simply refuse to admit the evidence. You probably only read opposing views on any of these topics if at all, and then pat yourself on the back for trying.

Atheists today are the most abjectly ignorant people regarding the discussion of the existence of a Creator and it shows every time they talk about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and similar drivel.

As far as real Christians go I can say I've only met one person in my whole life that actually made an effort to live by what they say they believe re Christ. All the rest were just lazy people who liked to call themselves Christians because it made them feel good for being a dick to other people.

Really, no one gives a flying fuck what some effete intellectual snob thinks about a damned thing.

You are stupid.
No, he is not stupid, he is just splitting the kind of hairs that make him look stupid.

I always thought they were low balling the % of Americans who are atheist.

No, I think that the media persistently inflates the number of atheists by conflating atheism with anyone who has the slightest doubt about God.

In this ridiculous study, they are also piling in anyone that does not believe in the Christian God.

If you ask a Muslim, Sikh, Jew, or any non-Christian theist in the state of Kentucky whether they believe in God, you are very likely to get a 'No', with the assumption that by use of the simple term 'God' you are referring to the Christian God. That is what we call him; not Allah, Jehovah, etc.

This bullshit study is a waste of time.

The number of atheists is hard to nail down because that is the nice thing about being an atheist, you aren't preoccupied with what you don't believe in at all.

Religion however requires daily affirmation, as if if you skip a couple days your 'faith' will start waning. Which it does apparently. Interestingly 48% of Americans believe in ghosts. 20% say they have seen a ghost. However 43% of bigfoots or big-feet, if you will, claim they don't believe in ghosts and 57% of the reptilians say the claims of the bigfeet are not accurate and that their feet are too big. Which in mixed company always makes for a HUGE argument between the large-pedals and scaly-skins. Only if there is a Headsman from Klolob is the dispute settled without violence. The talking snake generally stays out of the melee and hangs near the fruit bowl.

Lmao!
" The number of atheists is hard to nail down because that is the nice thing about being an atheist, you aren't preoccupied with what you don't believe in at all."

Bullshit.

It's true. The safe answer for us atheists to give is "I was born Baptist or Catholic or whatever. You think that means a christian but you are very loose goodie when it comes to what it means to be a christian.

So anytime someone says they were born a something, that's code for I am not a member, but it's the politically correct way to not tell you your god isn't real

Straight conservative men don't have empathy

The thing that mind numbed liberals can't seem to grasp is that the 1st Amendment's guaranteed freedom of religion extends to atheists and agnostics and even freaking prince of darkness worshipers. The first ten Amendments to the Constitution aka the Bill of Rights was established to limit the power of the federal government.
The thing that mind numbed conservatives can't seem to grasp us that the 1st Amendment's guaranteed freedom of religion also extends to Muslims.

lol- read that again. If im wrong, ill be ok, if your wrong youll be in eternal pain.
What if you are wrong about what god(s) is and wants from you? You won't be any more OK than atheists. ;)

Why would God punish sincere effort that was honestly flawed?

Why would a god punish anything? If there is a single intelligence that created all of reality, I certainly don't think I can understand the reasoning of such a being. I also would not want to assume human morality would apply to such a being.

I have seen and heard many people claim that those who do not believe as they do, with regards to religion, will be punished after death. Even the quoted post from Ninja007 indicates that those who do not believe will be punished; "if your [sic] wrong youll [sic] be in eternal pain." If one is wrong about there being a god (or perhaps even what god wants from people) they will suffer eternal pain.

If there is a god, I don't see any reason (other than peace of mind) to assume that being is altruistic or merciful or cares about any of the things humanity cares about. I think such a being would likely be so different from us in intellect, in the way it views the universe and reality, that we would be incapable of understanding its desires and motivations (if it even has such things in our terms).

It would be nice if there is a god that grants rewards for a life lived well by modern, Western standards of morality. I don't see why it is any more likely than a god that delights in tormenting every soul after death, or a god that doesn't pay any attention whatsoever to the life of an individual human, or any other possibility. :dunno:

You are stupid.
No, he is not stupid, he is just splitting the kind of hairs that make him look stupid.

Splitting hairs, is it? You may be willing to simply accept someone's broad brush claims that the US political left believe science says that Bruce/Caitlin Jenner is a woman. When it is directed to me, I am not.

Not accepting silly generalities seems a poor measure of stupidity.

lol- read that again. If im wrong, ill be ok, if your wrong youll be in eternal pain.
What if you are wrong about what god(s) is and wants from you? You won't be any more OK than atheists. ;)

Why would God punish sincere effort that was honestly flawed?

Why would a god punish anything? If there is a single intelligence that created all of reality, I certainly don't think I can understand the reasoning of such a being. I also would not want to assume human morality would apply to such a being.

I have seen and heard many people claim that those who do not believe as they do, with regards to religion, will be punished after death. Even the quoted post from Ninja007 indicates that those who do not believe will be punished; "if your [sic] wrong youll [sic] be in eternal pain." If one is wrong about there being a god (or perhaps even what god wants from people) they will suffer eternal pain.

If there is a god, I don't see any reason (other than peace of mind) to assume that being is altruistic or merciful or cares about any of the things humanity cares about. I think such a being would likely be so different from us in intellect, in the way it views the universe and reality, that we would be incapable of understanding its desires and motivations (if it even has such things in our terms).

It would be nice if there is a god that grants rewards for a life lived well by modern, Western standards of morality. I don't see why it is any more likely than a god that delights in tormenting every soul after death, or a god that doesn't pay any attention whatsoever to the life of an individual human, or any other possibility. :dunno:
According to most Christian doctrine, God isn't punishing you after death if you were a disbeliever, you rejected a relationship with God and chose to be separated from Him while on earth and in the next life.

You must be retarded. Jenner is a woman because he's dressed like a woman. Scientifically he's a man with balls but a right wing retard wouldn't understand the difference. That's because you're stupid.

1295180.png

You are stupid.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck…

If you ask a Muslim, Sikh, Jew, or any non-Christian theist in the state of Kentucky whether they believe in God, you are very likely to get a 'No', with the assumption that by use of the simple term 'God' you are referring to the Christian God. That is what we call him; not Allah, Jehovah, etc.

Christians, Muslims, and Jews all acknowledge and worship the same God.

Splitting hairs, is it? You may be willing to simply accept someone's broad brush claims that the US political left believe science says that Bruce/Caitlin Jenner is a woman. When it is directed to me, I am not.

Not accepting silly generalities seems a poor measure of stupidity.

The left considers science the final say on everything, so if they refer to Jenner as a woman it only follows that they think that science is also on their side.

And that is why I call it 'splitting hairs'. What is the point of arguing if the left 'really' thinks that one can be something one is not based on science or not when that will be the rhetorical tool they use eventually regardless?

Christians, Muslims, and Jews all acknowledge and worship the same God.
I agree with you, but my point is that a person being given a double blind study in Kentucky may not agree with you under said conditions.

Forum List

Back