25% H-1B visas got rejected in 2019

ChinSwee

Dec 14, 2019
In 2019, U.S government rejected 25% H-1B visas.

Business migration to USA needs some $1 million. The man is age 42 when he reaches USA.

These companies have been messing with visa systems and bringing foreign workers to USA at age 25 to 30, their wives come to USA because they are paid some $10,000/month.

How does a 25% rejection rate compare to previous years?

If I don't have cash on hand, I simply don't buy it. I tore up my VISA and MasterCard years ago.

As someone with his finger on the pulse in this industry, I think it comes down to companies motivations. In technology especially, you want the most informed, talented, passionate and competent. Or, you cost your economy potentially billions, maybe hundreds of billions in value. Someone working on a team that develops any number of applications that can be used for a consumer product, medical, patent discovery, etc, is invaluable to a company and economy. It could even apply to the military, and you don't want your enemies to have this talent.

Then, there is the ageism discrimination that is in the tech industry, Replacing, talented older workers, with younger, lower wage earners. The second part of this would be the source of many companies motivations for H1B. If companies are wanting employees only from India and China, you can bet it not the most talented, but the lowest paid.

It's ironic to me the amount of talent that is untapped is probably in Europe. Linux was create by Linus, a Finn. This O/S alone has revolutionized personal and even high performance, network computing. Python, maybe the most in demand for A.I, was developed by Rossum, from the Netherlands (who also made his mark in the U.S). The second vital language to A.I is the R language, developed in New Zealand. See the pattern here?

Bottom line, companies need talent, but you have to pay for this talent. If they want mass, low level programmers, you will achieve that by grabbing from China and India. Any great talent, especially in China; will remain n China as the government will keep them. To a lesser degree, this is true in India as well. Simply driving labour costs down would decimate many software developers in Cali, might even collapse the economies of some locales in Cali if people can't earn enough to fuel the economy there.

Europe, Canada, UK, all other locations, it's competition for the best. The best talent are mobile and have their fingers in many pies. You aren't going to find many of the above developers, any more than you would find a Gates or Jobs. However, You might find an Andrew Ng (born in UK, educated UK and USA) or others who might be a few steps behind them, who can contribute more than just cheap labour costs.

As someone with his finger on the pulse in this industry, I think it comes down to companies motivations. In technology especially, you want the most informed, talented, passionate and competent. Or, you cost your economy potentially billions, maybe hundreds of billions in value. Someone working on a team that develops any number of applications that can be used for a consumer product, medical, patent discovery, etc, is invaluable to a company and economy. It could even apply to the military, and you don't want your enemies to have this talent.

Then, there is the ageism discrimination that is in the tech industry, Replacing, talented older workers, with younger, lower wage earners. The second part of this would be the source of many companies motivations for H1B. If companies are wanting employees only from India and China, you can bet it not the most talented, but the lowest paid.

It's ironic to me the amount of talent that is untapped is probably in Europe. Linux was create by Linus, a Finn. This O/S alone has revolutionized personal and even high performance, network computing. Python, maybe the most in demand for A.I, was developed by Rossum, from the Netherlands (who also made his mark in the U.S). The second vital language to A.I is the R language, developed in New Zealand. See the pattern here?

Bottom line, companies need talent, but you have to pay for this talent. If they want mass, low level programmers, you will achieve that by grabbing from China and India. Any great talent, especially in China; will remain n China as the government will keep them. To a lesser degree, this is true in India as well. Simply driving labour costs down would decimate many software developers in Cali, might even collapse the economies of some locales in Cali if people can't earn enough to fuel the economy there.

Europe, Canada, UK, all other locations, it's competition for the best. The best talent are mobile and have their fingers in many pies. You aren't going to find many of the above developers, any more than you would find a Gates or Jobs. However, You might find an Andrew Ng (born in UK, educated UK and USA) or others who might be a few steps behind them, who can contribute more than just cheap labour costs.
If companies want cheap foreign talent they get the 737 Max

As someone with his finger on the pulse in this industry, I think it comes down to companies motivations. In technology especially, you want the most informed, talented, passionate and competent. Or, you cost your economy potentially billions, maybe hundreds of billions in value. Someone working on a team that develops any number of applications that can be used for a consumer product, medical, patent discovery, etc, is invaluable to a company and economy. It could even apply to the military, and you don't want your enemies to have this talent.Simply driving labour costs down would decimate many software developers in Cali, might even collapse the economies of some locales in Cali if people can't earn enough to fuel the economy there.

Business migration to USA must also get help from U.S government. Some of the best men are 15,000 miles away from USA, earning $1 million for the business.

The lowly men come to USA by age 25 because of misuse of visa system. Those companies with sickheads.

Since October 2018, my website has lost 88% real visitors because of false virus/malware alerts.

McAfee agreed that they had directed my website domain to dirty domains. All the top 7 anti-virus companies got FIRING from me

In Vivaldi browser I found "Google phishing and malware protection" so it is confirmed Google Chrome is responsible for my website losing 88% real and unique visitors. That is 40,000 to 50,000 unique vistors.

No sales for my website for 15 months so I do not have $5000 to travel to USA. Can Americans help me with this ?

Youtube got fined $170 million for using children data for targetting ads. CEO is Sundar Pinchai.

Google could have lost 60% users because of all the tracking of internet users for adsense.

To fight H-1B visas, an American said "working for $9000/month will be pain but we will have the jobs"

Forum List

Back