25,000 U.S. Deaths Linked to Sugary Drinks

We label our food here in America. If someone isn't smart enough to read the label and determine the number of calories, carbs, sugars, etc. and are totally oblivious to all of the constant bombardment of health warnings, they probably do need to be thinned from the herd.

We label our food here in America. If someone isn't smart enough to read the label and determine the number of calories, carbs, sugars, etc. and are totally oblivious to all of the constant bombardment of health warnings, they probably do need to be thinned from the herd.

According to some everybody in this country is stupid and they need them and stupid pictures thrown in their face to educate them

So sugar is killing us.... Another Harvard study is going to be used as a resource for banning your Freedom to choose. Sure , we all know that excess of anything good is bad, but do we really need Politicians in Washington holding our hand with their right hand and waving another Harvard study in their left? I don't think so. It has gotten to the point where places like Harvard are starting to make policy, and that is not good.

Sugary, carbonated drinks are very bad for your health.

So?

French fries are bad for your health
Ice cream is bad for your health
Cakes, cookies and pies are bad for your health
Fried chicken is bad for your health.

What do all these things have in common with soda?

1) No one is forcing you to eat or drink them
2) It's none of your business if people eat or drink them.

"You can drink as much as you want. There is nothing wrong with getting people to think..."

With ya' 100% on this....

...it's when our Liberal friends add force, coercion, banning, over-regulation....which is their wont.....

...that's when we cease to be America.

These damn 'Republican' mayors are out of control.

Seems you know as much about this subject as you do every other one....

Bloomberg is not a Republican.

What did he run as the first time he was elected?

So?

Some people are not aware of how unhealthy carbonated drinks are. Even carbonated water is not good for you, and then you add the enormous amount of sugar that is in sodas, and you have a toxic drink.

Out of a population of 300 million people, there is no way to attribute 25,000 individual deaths to a single commonly used product. The same claim could be made about water, or bread, or any other drink or food.

Opinions are just like assholes ...

Be that as it may, please post a link to the FACTS upon which you base your asshole, er, uh, I mean, opinion.

You might also want to read the original study, done by the AHA.
180,000 deaths worldwide may be associated with sugary soft drinks

Personally, I would really like to read the opposing side of this issue and I sincerely hope you will post what you base your opinion on.

You might want to pay a little attention to what you are linking.

That was not a study. That was a short article talking about the very same study in the OP. It was not done by the AHA. It was the SAME study in the OP, which was going to be presented at an AHA event.

And according to the article in the OP, the study is not peer-reviewed and one of the authors is trying to present it as causal despite the fact it is simply an association.

We are an unhealthy country, but misinformation and unconfirmed, speculative research like this is not the way to try and help with that problem.

So?

Some people are not aware of how unhealthy carbonated drinks are. Even carbonated water is not good for you, and then you add the enormous amount of sugar that is in sodas, and you have a toxic drink.

I don't buy it.

It's like saying that people don't know that eating less and exercising more is the way to lose weight. Everyone knows that.

They know but they just don't care and if they don't care why the hell should I?

Forum List

Back