25,000 U.S. Deaths Linked to Sugary Drinks

So is breathing, as technically, every breath you take is one closer to your last breath...

That being said, it is not the governments responibility to make sure I only drink X amount of Soda a day/year/week/month, whatever.

If it wants to spend $$ on propaganda to convince me to stop drinking it, fine. if it tries to social engineer me by banning it, restricting it, or making assinine laws to discourage me from drinking them, then it can go to hell.

You can drink as much as you want. There is nothing wrong with getting people to think about the damage that they are doing to their bodies.

Then convince them with words, not by passing stupid regulations that are NOT the responsibility of government.

Convince me, don't force me.

I'm dead set against the passage of a law banning a particular size of soda but "convincing" will never do anything more than education.

People know that sugary soda is poison to humans. They also know that fatty, salty non-food is as well, not to mention cigarettes.

Education does nothing. Raising prices might help but really, Americans WANT to be fat, diabetics with lung cancer, and they want to get free treatment at the ER under the EMTALA law.

You can drink as much as you want. There is nothing wrong with getting people to think about the damage that they are doing to their bodies.

Then convince them with words, not by passing stupid regulations that are NOT the responsibility of government.

I'm dead set against the passage of a law banning a particular size of soda but "convincing" will never do anything more than education.

People know that sugary soda is poison to humans. They also know that fatty, salty non-food is as well, not to mention cigarettes.

Education does nothing. Raising prices might help but really, Americans WANT to be fat, diabetics with lung cancer, and they want to get free treatment at the ER under the EMTALA law.

but of course you are for raising prices to get you want done..hey, so what it hurts those who can least afford it...Just like Obama raising the largest cigarette tax, we should just accept it was for the good of poor and didn't stop a damn thing...you see whats coming with ObamaCare, they can now tell you what you should eat or drink...oh well, you VOTED FOR IT

Out of a population of 300 million people, there is no way to attribute 25,000 individual deaths to a single commonly used product. The same claim could be made about water, or bread, or any other drink or food.

but of course you are for raising prices to get you want done..hey, so what it hurts those who can least afford it...Just like Obama raising the largest cigarette tax, we should just accept it was for the good of poor and didn't stop a damn thing...you see whats coming with ObamaCare, they can now tell you what you should eat or drink...oh well, you VOTED FOR IT

katzenstupid is being stupid.

Since when does does katzenliar give a flying fuck about the poor? And why does katzenidiot think smoking is good for the poor?

katzennutter is :cuckoo:

Harvard can't find anything else to do with all the money they get..

they studied, SODAS

But we are supposed to be impressed when someone graduates from Harvard:eusa_whistle:

Out of a population of 300 million people, there is no way to attribute 25,000 individual deaths to a single commonly used product. The same claim could be made about water, or bread, or any other drink or food.

Opinions are just like assholes ...

Be that as it may, please post a link to the FACTS upon which you base your asshole, er, uh, I mean, opinion.

You might also want to read the original study, done by the AHA.
180,000 deaths worldwide may be associated with sugary soft drinks

Personally, I would really like to read the opposing side of this issue and I sincerely hope you will post what you base your opinion on.

So is breathing, as technically, every breath you take is one closer to your last breath...

That being said, it is not the governments responibility to make sure I only drink X amount of Soda a day/year/week/month, whatever.

If it wants to spend $$ on propaganda to convince me to stop drinking it, fine. if it tries to social engineer me by banning it, restricting it, or making assinine laws to discourage me from drinking them, then it can go to hell.

"You can drink as much as you want. There is nothing wrong with getting people to think..."

With ya' 100% on this....

...it's when our Liberal friends add force, coercion, banning, over-regulation....which is their wont.....

...that's when we cease to be America.

Why do you continually try and make the case that it's only liberals doing it? Are you completely unaware of the health-Nazi actions of your precious conservatives, or would you just prefer everyone ignore that and believe the lie?

Case in point: Do you know what Gov. Mike Huckabee did in Arkansas? Let me help you out: At his behest, the legislature passed a law mandating "body awareness" teaching in KINDERGARTEN; the schools began measuring BMI and alerting parents that their kids might be "obese" and offering to send a school bureaucrat to their home to "help" with menu planning...and he put the state police to searching for people smoking in cars with kids.

How "conservative" is that?

(ps: Bobby Jindal sent the Louisiana State Police out with the same mission. And, OK Governor Mary Fallin banned tobacco use on state college campuses by EXECUTIVE ORDER!)

katzenstupid is being stupid.

Since when does does katzenliar give a flying fuck about the poor? And why does katzenidiot think smoking is good for the poor?

katzennutter is :cuckoo:

still ticked off nobody cared about your dog thread..
poor dear

now they are coming after your SODA..oh well, first cigarette, guns...tsk tsk

SNIP
By Katie Moisse | ABC News – 8 hours agoABC News - 25,000 U.S. Deaths Linked to Sugary Drinks (ABC News)

In a study that's sure to shake up the soda ban debate, Harvard researchers have linked the sugary drinks to 180,000 deaths a year worldwide, 25,000 in the United States alone.

"We know that sugar-sweetened beverages are linked to obesity, and that a large number of deaths are caused by obesity-related diseases. But until now, nobody had really put these pieces together," said Gitanjali Singh, a postdoctoral research fellow at the Harvard School of Public Health in Boston and lead author of the study presented today at the American Heart Association's annual meeting in New Orleans.

Singh and colleagues spent five years putting the pieces together. Using data from national health surveys around the world, the team tied sugar-sweetened beverages to 133,000 deaths from diabetes, 44,000 deaths from cardiovascular diseases and 6,000 deaths from cancer in 2010.

The study adds to mounting evidence that sugar-sweetened beverages, loaded with calories that carry little nutritional value, are a public health hazard.

All of it here
25,000 U.S. Deaths Linked to Sugary Drinks - Yahoo!

By all means, please don't let anyone stop you from drinking all the soda you can hold.

Just don't go crying when yoo're asked to pay higher health insurance premiums because you're a wreck.

"You can drink as much as you want. There is nothing wrong with getting people to think..."

...it's when our Liberal friends add force, coercion, banning, over-regulation....which is their wont.....

These damn 'Republican' mayors are out of control.

Seems you know as much about this subject as you do every other one....

Bloomberg is not a Republican.

Why do you continually try and make the case that it's only liberals doing it? Are you completely unaware of the health-Nazi actions of your precious conservatives, or would you just prefer everyone ignore that and believe the lie?

Case in point: Do you know what Gov. Mike Huckabee did in Arkansas? Let me help you out: At his behest, the legislature passed a law mandating "body awareness" teaching in KINDERGARTEN; the schools began measuring BMI and alerting parents that their kids might be "obese" and offering to send a school bureaucrat to their home to "help" with menu planning...and he put the state police to searching for people smoking in cars with kids.

How "conservative" is that?

(ps: Bobby Jindal sent the Louisiana State Police out with the same mission. And, OK Governor Mary Fallin banned tobacco use on state college campuses by EXECUTIVE ORDER!)

Using the bully pulpit is a legitimate function of government...."offering to send a school bureaucrat to their home to "help" with menu planning..."

Fines and bans are the method of choice of liberals.

Are you really unable to see the difference.

You down with this:

"A pre-school in North Carolina has created a stir around the country after it was reported that officials forced a child to eat a school lunch and billed the parent because her lunch brought from home did not meet school standards for nutrition.
The incident happened at the West Hoke Elementary school in Raeford. According to the North Carolina Journal, the four year old student’s mother, who wants to remain anonymous, had prepared a lunch for her daughter consisting of a turkey and cheese sandwich, banana, apple juice and potato chips.
The mother said she received a note from the school stating that students who did not bring a “healthy lunch” to school would be offered the missing portions and parents would be charged for the lunch."
Food police confiscate 4-year old?s lunch, bill parents :: Northern Colorado Gazette

"Why do you continually try and make the case that it's only liberals doing it?"

Executive Order 13544-- Establishing the National Prevention, Health Promotion, and Public Health Council...

....(b) establish specific and measurable actions and timelines to carry out the strategy, and determine accountability for meeting those timelines, within and across Federal departments and agencies; and....

Rumor has it that Obama is a Liberal.....any truth to that?

180,000 deaths worldwide may be associated with sugary soft drinks

But if $arah's doing it, it can't be bad for you to guzzle huge amounts of sugar -
Sarah-Palin-Big-Gulp-600x450.jpg

If Sarah Palin keeps drinking that stuff, she will end up looking like these two women:

Two Women Who Were “Amply Proportioned”, “Big Boned”,”Broad In The Beam”,
"Full Figured","Well Fed", and “Built For Comfort Not Speed”

cute to you I guess

Not cute to me. Actually, the image is part of a series I created whose aim is to discourage the consumption of obesity causing food and drink. Here is another one:

"Kick the Soft Drink Habit!"
Note that the soft drink delivery man in the image is also a bit on the chubby side.

First they came for my Big Gulp...

Then they came for the Joos

Not cute to me. Actually, the image is part of a series I created whose aim is to discourage the consumption of obesity causing food and drink. Here is another one:

Note that the soft drink delivery man in the image is also a bit on the chubby side.

well wonderful,
when are you people going to create and release pictures of babies being sucked out a womb to educate on abortions? your idea and pictures are dumb..

cute to you I guess

well wonderful,
when are you people going to create and release pictures of babies being sucked out a womb to educate on abortions? your idea and pictures are dumb..

Personally, I would take that as a ringing endorsement, Bill.

Forum List

Back