22 Months and Still Counting

Rye Catcher

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2019
The first reported death from the new virus outside Asia was in the United States on 6 February 2020. Since that day 753,919 - and still counting - are the number of deaths recorded in the United States; since then
46,427,230 cases have been recorded. See: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/us/covid-cases.html

At this time a minority of people (the vocal minority) continue to believe freedom and liberty is taken away from them by wearing a mask in public and keeping a social distance; a smaller number are the fear mongers who politicize the issue, extremists who promulgate fear of vaccinations and claim that Scientists world wide are profiting from this pandemic.

The first reported death from the new virus outside Asia was in the United States on 6 February 2020. Since that day 753,919 - and still counting - are the number of deaths recorded in the United States; since then
46,427,230 cases have been recorded. See: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/us/covid-cases.html

At this time a minority of people (the vocal minority) continue to believe freedom and liberty is taken away from them by wearing a mask in public and keeping a social distance; a smaller number are the fear mongers who politicize the issue, extremists who promulgate fear of vaccinations and claim that Scientists world wide are profiting from this pandemic.

And right from the start Trump made it a political issue by suggesting Covid would be gone in 2 weeks. That is the main cause of most of the deaths as it made it politically correct for his supporters to raise objections to all precautions against Covid.

China stands as the example of how well rational decisions on precautions can work!

On a brighter note, it's most likely that Trumpers are only pretending to resist for the most part. The resistance in the US military to precautions evaporated practically overnight when the extremists were faced with the reality of following orders.

my body my choice,, dont like it stay away from me,,

Freedom and liberty HAVE been taken from us. A person would have to be either benightedly unintelligent or certifiably insane to think otherwise.

People told they have to inject substances into their body, businesses shut down, people prevented from exercising their right to assembly, People being fired for not goose stepping to the orders of the very man who was partly responsible for creating and unleashing the virus and then lying about it -- what can people call all of this OTHER than having freedoms and liberties taken away?

Like, DUH as we used to say when I was a kid.

Last edited:
The psychological, sociological and anthropological studies of this period will be absolutely fascinating to read.

How could so many people be manipulated into being this paranoid, this hypersensitive, this mal-informed, this proudly selfish?

It's so strange, living in historic times. You want to hit the fast-forward button to see how it turns out.

I live in liberal la la land and it seems the masses have already long ago said virus be damned, but we are living a normal life.
No one wears masks, family gatherings proceed, the shopping malls are full and most have simply tuned it all out.
047339de2b339f22.jpg

• Banned
Freedom and liberty HAS been taken from us.

A person would have to be either benightedly unintelligent or certifiably insane to think otherwise.
How so? Using these two elements as an effort to take away your freedom and liberty is absurd. Are DUI laws in effect "benightedly unintelligent or certifiably insane"? Drunk driving takes away your freedom? Please explain your comment, the lives of victims of Drunk Drivers and the spreading of disease are similar, no?

Last edited:
  • Banned
I live in liberal la la land and it seems the masses have already long ago said virus be damned, but we are living a normal life.
No one wears masks, family gatherings proceed, the shopping malls are full and most have simply tuned it all out.
View attachment 561460
I don't know were you live, but in my town in a million plus County everyone continues to wear masks and respect social distancing in shops of all sizes. For years "No Shoes, No Shirts, No Service" has been a sign in many retail businesses, did that take away your freedom?

View attachment 561460
We're a couple of month + into NCAA college football. That means about 8 weekends of people gathering in 80-100 thousand-strong crowds at football stadiums across the nation. Where are the massive surges? Where are all the dead bodies?

I don't know were you live, but in my town in a million plus County everyone continues to wear masks and respect social distancing in shops of all sizes. For years "No Shoes, No Shirts, No Service" has been a sign in many retail businesses, did that take away your freedom?

Then you don't get out much.

How so? Using these two elements as an effort to take away your freedom and liberty is absurd. Are DUI laws in effect "benightedly unintelligent or certifiably insane"? Drunk driving takes away your freedom? Please explain your comment, the lives of victims of Drunk Drivers and the spreading of disease are similar, no?
What a wildly irrational response. Drunk driving has nothing to do with any of this.

Are you trying to derail your own thread here?

For years "No Shoes, No Shirts, No Service" has been a sign in many retail businesses, did that take away your freedom?
Cast your imagination forward a bit. Let's say Trump has won and is in the Oval Office. The FDA/CDC make the demand that you take a vaccine for some other novel viral or bacterial agent and there are rumors flying in the ether that they might harm you or your kids. Many people refuse because they hate and distrust Trump. When he issues an executive decree that you WILL take the jab or you'll have no job, be restricted from air travel and most retail outlets, how would YOU react?

The death/disability numbers are fewer than 2 in 100 and have remained the same for a couple of years. The issue none of you will address is the creeping power of this kind of mindset. When you took the jab, you were told that it would open things back up and the pandemic would be controlled. NOW we are hearing that masks and distancing are to be continued for the foreseeable future and those who took the jab early, now are consider "unvaccinated" unless they keep taking this "vaccine" again, and again. Israelis are now being injected a FOURTH TIME.

I'm curious... where would YOU draw the line and say, no more?

Almost 100% of the people I know from work and my community who have both been vaccinated and not vaccinated have had COVID and 50% of them didn't even know it.

Drunk driving and wearing useless compliance face diapers aren't even on the same planet.

Can you ever make an argument that isn't as intellectually disohest as fuck?

Not surprising at all....You live the most stupid state in the nation.

Cast your imagination forward a bit. Let's say Trump has won and is in the Oval Office. The FDA/CDC make the demand that you take a vaccine for some other novel viral or bacterial agent and there are rumors flying in the ether that they might harm you or your kids. Many people refuse because they hate and distrust Trump. When he issues an executive decree that you WILL take the jab or you'll have no job, be restricted from air travel and most retail outlets, how would YOU react?

The death/disability numbers are fewer than 2 in 100 and have remained the same for a couple of years. The issue none of you will address is the creeping power of this kind of mindset. When you took the jab, you were told that it would open things back up and the pandemic would be controlled. NOW we are hearing that masks and distancing are to be continued for the foreseeable future and those who took the jab early, now are consider "unvaccinated" unless they keep taking this "vaccine" again, and again. Israelis are now being injected a FOURTH TIME.

I'm curious... where would YOU draw the line and say, no more?
What I have found over the years is that blind partisanship prevents people from thinking, since it is all about following instead. Thinking people ask questions and the fair minded among them ask that same simple simple question you pose -- what if it was that other person or other party doing it?

I'm sure you will not find one single one of these authoritarian leftists with enough honesty to admit "yeah if it were Trump, I WOULD" react differently. That is because they do not approach politics by understanding principles, but only as a team sport necessitating lock-step conformity.

We're a couple of month + into NCAA college football. That means about 8 weekends of people gathering in 80-100 thousand-strong crowds at football stadiums across the nation. Where are the massive surges? Where are all the dead bodies?
Thanks to the immediate Biden Administration taking measures to get the vaccinations out, and he and his VP getting the shots of vaccines watched by the public; plus members of his administration wearing masks in public, more people overcame the bullshit of the former administration.

Thanks to the immediate Biden Administration taking measures to get the vaccinations out, and he, his VP getting the shots of vaccines, and members of his administration wearing masks in public, more people overcame the bullshit of the former administration.
Uh...Trump got the vaccines out; Biden allowed the plan to continue.

Drunk driving and wearing useless compliance face diapers aren't even on the same planet.

Can you ever make an argument that isn't as intellectually disohest as fuck?
It is even more repulsively specious when he supports forcing people to inject things into their body by comparing that to seat belts. last I heard, not once has snapping on a seat belt ever resulted in life-threatening complications for anybody.

Forum List

Back