21 Goals of the Illuminati and The Committee of 300

Ecumenicism and new age crapola are all designed to dissuade bible based christians from their faith, and to stop them from spreading the truths of jesus.

rtwngAvngr said:
Ecumenicism and new age crapola are all designed to dissuade bible based christians from their faith, and to stop them from spreading the truths of jesus.

Who do the Illuminati have lined up for presidential candidates in '08 ?

rtwngAvngr said:

I wouldn't say all, although a lot do. Some focus on surrendering. While their exerices may not seem traditional, their point is the same, to bring you closer to God.

rtwngAvngr said:

Are you saying it's better for religions and branches of religions to be bickering constantly? That's one of the main sources of conflict in the world today. People should realize that religion is like a hobby. Not worth fighting about and certainly not something you should force other people to do.

Nuc said:
Are you saying it's better for religions and branches of religions to be bickering constantly? That's one of the main sources of conflict in the world today. People should realize that religion is like a hobby. Not worth fighting about and certainly not something you should force other people to do.

I'm saying morality matters, and the ecumenical and new age movements are an attempt to stop rational evaluation of moral systems with neat sounding slogans like "who are we to judge".

rtwngAvngr said:
I'm saying morality matters, and the ecumenical and new age movements are an attempt to stop rational evaluation of moral systems with neat sounding slogans like "who are we to judge".

Religious bickering kills hundreds of thousands of people each and every year. That's amoral.

If everybody would live and let live THIS world would be a much better place. The next world will take care of itself. If it exists.

Nuc said:
Religious bickering kills hundreds of thousands of people each and every year. That's amoral.

If everybody would live and let live THIS world would be a much better place. The next world will take care of itself. If it exists.

It's a misdiagnosis to say religion causes war. Religion is simply and outgrowth of the human intellect. It's like saying every culture who went to war also ate food, so food must cause war.

How many millions have been killed for atheistic systems such as communism?

Nuc said:

Other than Islam, "religious bickering" is done by people who do NOT adhere to the principles of the religion they belong to.

rtwngAvngr said:
It's a misdiagnosis to say religion causes war. Religion is simply and outgrowth of the human intellect. It's like saying every culture who went to war also ate food, so food must cause war.

How many millions have been killed for atheistic systems such as communism?
:beer:
Stalin, Hitler, Mao, Pol Pot, Attilla, Shaka etc----what religion did they kill in the name of?

dilloduck said:
Do the secular humanists know that they are a religion yet?

They have a blind faith. That qualifies them as one whether they know it or not.

dilloduck said:
Other than Islam, "religious bickering" is done by people who do NOT adhere to the principles of the religion they belong to.

Correct.

If religious freedom came at a price of religious tolerance worldwide, we'd be a lot better off.

I don't think religion causes wars, it's religious intolerance that causes or adds to them.

Nuc said:
Correct.

If religious freedom came at a price of religious tolerance worldwide, we'd be a lot better off.

I don't think religion causes wars, it's religious intolerance that causes or adds to them.

So do we tolerate religions who do not tolerate other religions?

rtwngAvngr said:
So do we tolerate religions who do not tolerate other religions?

Nope. What I'm saying is that in an ideal world you don't get religious freedom unless you give it to everybody else, AND mind your own business.

People take religion too seriously, it's like music or food, a matter of taste.

Nuc said:
Nope. What I'm saying is that in an ideal world you don't get religious freedom unless you give it to everybody else, AND mind your own business.

People take religion too seriously, it's like music or food, a matter of taste.

In a way it is. But we need a common morality, to function as a society, a set of rules. This is how religion is important to social cohesion. In our country we have sort of an abstraction of judae-christian ethic as our public morality. Religion may be a personal matter, but morality is not.

rtwngAvngr said:
In a way it is. But we need a common morality, to function as a society, a set of rules. This is how religion is important to social cohesion. In our country we have sort of an abstraction of judae-christian ethic as our public morality. Religion may be a personal matter, but morality is not.

Other religions have moral codes as well. Buddhism has a strong moral code.

I know some Christians who do whatever the hell they want and think they're getting away with it because they repent on a regular basis. Then they are forgiven, supposedly. You can't do that in Buddhism because there's no silver bullet. Karma accumulates.

Most religions have basic ideas of right and wrong and proper behavior. Why does it have to be Judeo/Christian?

rtwngAvngr said:
Dang, J! I wish I had more rep to give you!

Nuc said:
Other religions have moral codes as well. Buddhism has a strong moral code.

I know some Christians who do whatever the hell they want and think they're getting away with it because they repent on a regular basis. Then they are forgiven, supposedly. You can't do that in Buddhism because there's no silver bullet. Karma accumulates.

Most religions have basic ideas of right and wrong and proper behavior. Why does it have to be Judeo/Christian?

The different religions postulate slightly different moral codes, each of which create a different type of society. For me, eastern religions espouse a moral code which is a little too apathetic and leads to a sort of nihilistic fatalism, which is NOT empowering to the individual. Emperors, of course, like people to be this way, docile.

We can examine morality rationally and decide.

Forum List

Back