2023 State of the Union Address

I'm noticing that the Republicans that I've seen in the chamber so far are not wearing their new AR15 lapel pins. Why not? Is it because America's watching, and they know it's one thing to wear it when no one is paying attention but another thing when the country is tuning in? Is it just more cowardice and not being willing to actually stand for their supposed principles 24/7, no matter what?

You prefer the "I love abortion" pins the death cultists wore:

FoZ-UdOWIAITKNB

Why is Social Security not an entitlement program?

Let's be clear: Social Security is not an “entitlement.” Social Security is an earned benefit, bought and paid for through decades of hard, sometimes disagreeable work. Every payday since we began working, we have contributed 6.2% of our income, matching our employer's 6.2% paid into Social Security on our behalf.

Anytime someone wants to minimize the importance of Social Security they call it an entitlement program. One party in particular, always calls it an entitlement program. When they call it an entitlement program they are falsely spreading the idea that Americans are entitled to benefits just because they were born in the country. No one is just given Social Security benefits, the benefits are earned through work.

Social Security Is Not An Entitlement Program

I've been enjoying today's memes (and I generally dismiss 'em).
But these SOTU threads have been a hoot today. The shrilling and screeching have been entertaining....mainly because they are so over-the-top. Fun stuff.

I'll add some raw material for those who are cleverer than me.
So, lemme post a couple of pics.....and the sharpies here can run with 'em and do with 'em what they will.
Hooooya!

th
1675900579791.png

leemike_012523ag_w.jpg

When Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) initially ran for Senate in 2010, he called for the complete elimination of Social Security.

“It will be my objective to phase out Social Security, to pull it up by the roots and get rid of it,” Lee said at a campaign event in 2010, adding, “There’s going to be growing pains associated with doing this. We can’t do it all at once.”

Medicare Social Security sunset: What Republicans have said

Wrap your microscopic mind around the concept of spending less, Fakey.

Lots of shut can be cut. We could jettison the DOE in a heartbeat, for example.
You believe you’d get past the Senate with that?

You dopes better get serious.

I kinda think Sarah Huckabee's signature phrase in her rebuttal:

"The dividing line in America is no longer between right and left — it's between normal or crazy"

.....sorta got undercut by some MAGA-Q's.

If only LaserBeamGreene hadn't gone all screechy, all "crazy"..... well then, Sarah's zinger wouldn't have looked rather misdirected.

Maybe silly.

IMHO

1675905893641.png

Forum List

Back