2023 State of the Union Address

328035657_585297773486903_2029722562168543070_n.jpg
Lie
Lie
Lie

You support a drunken beotch that tore up a presidential speech.
Pelosi ripped up her own copy of Trump’s speech only after Trump formally finished making his SOTU report before Congress. Did you really expect she would take it home and frame it?

MTG and the crazies not only showed disrespect but disrupted Biden’s SOTU speech. Big difference! Maybe after Jan. 6 they are convinced disruption should be the new Republican norm?

Actually, I hate the “jumping up and down” for standing ovations that are supposed to “show respect” or “solidarity” with talking points — in a prepared speech — of Presidents making SOTU addresses. Were I there as a politician, I would probably rise at the beginning but then sit through the whole speech of any President, just applauding if I thought an especially good point was made.

Showing personal “respect,” like showing respect for our representative republic’s traditions, does not require sycophancy — but this idea probably floats way above your head, and is alien to most MAGA Trump-humpers.

IMO, the Repubs had every right to sit silently during Biden’s speech. They could and did make rebuttal speeches to the media before and afterward.

But if some obviously crazy Republican publicity seekers want to make fools of themselves — and of their leadership’s express request for discipline — who am I to complain? I’m glad the trailer trash wing of MAGA is out of control. The GOP will probably pay for all this obnoxiousness later at the voting booth.

P.S.

I only regret that George Santos did not join with MTG in disrupting Biden’s speech by screaming out what “a liar” Biden was. Ah, that would have been exquisite!

:cool:

Last edited:
A question ^ unrelated to the point. If they aren’t on the table, then they aren’t on the table.

Brandon doesn’t really seek cuts. He just proposed more massive spending, in fact.

And, being a Dumbocrap, he will inevitably “pay” for it not with any cuts, but with the baseless printing of more money.
Much easier to just say you have no idea.

Forum List

Back