2021 Major League Baseball Attendance

Anonymous519

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2021
Florida
With the COVID-19 "Plan-demic" in full affect for over a year now, I didn't think Major League Baseball would embarrass themselves with attendance figures. But sure enough, down below you will find a comparison of this season's top and bottom five ballparks for attendance with their 2019 (last full season) figures. Obviously 2019 shows the full 81 game numbers and only a portion of games have been played thus far in 2021.

HOWEVER, look at the averages! Toronto-1,447? LMAO! :auiqs.jpg: My Pirates? 5,726? On the other hand, where COVID rules are more lax such as Texas, the Rangers are averaging above 26,000 better than their 2019 mark. The Atlanta Braves have also improved.
1621443596812.png

What this shows is what COVID has done to not just baseball but all sports. Only the UFC has finally given COVID the big finger as they drew 15,000 fans to their recent event in Jacksonville nearly everyone not wearing a mask and no social distancing in effect. Last weekend, must of the same in Texas where they actually broke their own indoor record. I have yet to hear of any ill effects from anyone that attended those events. That means there is no COVID floating around in the air or amongst people that is spreading like wildfire as some will believe.

Most major sports have been damaged beyond repair rendered uninteresting to many former fans like myself. Does anyone realize the NHL and NBA are in their playoff seasons? It's going un unnoticed by many.

Yep. Last year I watched that bogus half season with cardboard fans in the seats. This year, I've been watching the Detroit Tigers with real fans in the stands- but very few. Herr Gov Whitmer won't allow more that 25% capacity till 70% of Michiganders have been vaccinated.

Political bullshit has been killing sports for years. The COVID shutdowns may be the coupe de grace.

I watched the Pens tie the series last night after a 2–1 victory. Just b/c you may not be interested in playoffs for hockey or basketball doesn’t mean others are not.

Hell, the only reason the Bucs have a halfway decent attendance is b/c PNC Park is one of the beautiful stadiums in MLB.

Cost me more than $100 the last time I saw a game at Minute Maid. Screw that.

With the COVID-19 "Plan-demic" in full affect for over a year now, I didn't think Major League Baseball would embarrass themselves with attendance figures. But sure enough, down below you will find a comparison of this season's top and bottom five ballparks for attendance with their 2019 (last full season) figures. Obviously 2019 shows the full 81 game numbers and only a portion of games have been played thus far in 2021.

HOWEVER, look at the averages! Toronto-1,447? LMAO! :auiqs.jpg:
Toronto is playing in, or near, Orlando.

My Pirates? 5,726? On the other hand, where COVID rules are more lax such as Texas, the Rangers are averaging above 26,000 better than their 2019 mark. The Atlanta Braves have also improved.
View attachment 491176
What this shows is what COVID has done to not just baseball but all sports.
It does not do that.
Only the UFC has finally given COVID the big finger as they drew 15,000 fans to their recent event in Jacksonville nearly everyone not wearing a mask and no social distancing in effect. Last weekend, must of the same in Texas where they actually broke their own indoor record. I have yet to hear of any ill effects from anyone that attended those events. That means there is no COVID floating around in the air or amongst people that is spreading like wildfire as some will believe.

Most major sports have been damaged beyond repair rendered uninteresting to many former fans like myself. Does anyone realize the NHL and NBA are in their playoff seasons? It's going un unnoticed by many.
I participated in an MLB.com survey last night, so they are trying to evaluate things.

There has been a trend of a lack of interest in professional sports the last decade that has been exasperated by the racial political campaigns of the players, and then the lack of events, because of the pandemic has probably caused casual attendence to wane.

Baseball is having a problem this year with a noticable lack of hitting, and that tends to hurt the business.

I doubt that Americans will completely abandon the professional sports industry. There will always be athletes, and they have family and friends

Last edited:

My Pirates? 5,726? On the other hand, where COVID rules are more lax such as Texas, the Rangers are averaging above 26,000 better than their 2019 mark. The Atlanta Braves have also improved.
View attachment 491176
It does not do that.
Only the UFC has finally given COVID the big finger as they drew 15,000 fans to their recent event in Jacksonville nearly everyone not wearing a mask and no social distancing in effect. Last weekend, must of the same in Texas where they actually broke their own indoor record. I have yet to hear of any ill effects from anyone that attended those events. That means there is no COVID floating around in the air or amongst people that is spreading like wildfire as some will believe.

I participated in an MLB.com survey last night, so they are trying to evaluate things.

There has been a trend of a lack of interest in professional sports the last decade that has been exasperated by the racial political campaigns of the players, and then the lack of events, because of the pandemic has probably caused casual attendence to wane.

Baseball is having a problem this year with a noticable lack of hitting, and that tends to hurt the business.

I doubt that Americans will completely abandon the professional sports industry. There will always be athletes, and they have family and friends
If you don't think this COVID crap has affected sports you are fooling yourself or are in denial. How many fans do you think have turned a blind eye to sports because they don't want to wear a mask either in an outdoor venue or indoors or refuse to get vaccinated? THOUSANDS. Perhaps more. As long as they requires masks/vaccinations, they will never get full capacity again.

View attachment 491176
It does not do that.

If you don't think this COVID crap has affected sports you are fooling yourself or are in denial. How many fans do you think have turned a blind eye to sports because they don't want to wear a mask either in an outdoor venue or indoors or refuse to get vaccinated? THOUSANDS. Perhaps more. As long as they requires masks/vaccinations, they will never get full capacity again.
I'm not in denial, if you could have gotten past my criticism of your erroneous analysis of the statistics, you would have read: and then the lack of events, because of the pandemic has probably caused casual attendance to wane.

Die-hard fans are not going to be deterred by the temporary inconvenience of the pandemic protocols.

The statistics of baseball attendance do not reflect the broadcast ratings of Baseball, nor the attendance and broadcast ratings of the other professional sports. How can it?

View attachment 491176
It does not do that.

I'm not in denial, if you could have gotten past my criticism of your erroneous analysis of the statistics, you would have read: and then the lack of events, because of the pandemic has probably caused casual attendance to wane.

Die-hard fans are not going to be deterred by the temporary inconvenience of the pandemic protocols.

The statistics of baseball attendance do not reflect the broadcast ratings of Baseball, nor the attendance and broadcast ratings of the other professional sports. How can it?
Read it and weep:

Television ratings ARE down...significantly. On all sports. MMA may be the only sport least affected. That's because they are laxing on the rules. As for die-hard fans, I am evidence that it is true. I've been watching sports since 1972 and for the first time ever this past 12 months, I was so fed up with all the bullshit and not just COVID but athlete's attitudes, to much politics interferring, rule changes, it has become a MUCH MUCH different game in all sports than I remember watching for the first 30 years or so of being a sports fan.

I'm SURE there are many more who think like I do. Perhaps you and others with your opinion can ignore all the bullshit and more power to you for that, but for me, it is no longer enjoyable watching what used to be good sports with athletes who played FOR THE GAME and not for ANYTHING else.

5,000 lol
Like a college game
HOWEVER, look at the averages! Toronto-1,447? LMAO! :auiqs.jpg: My Pirates? 5,726? On the other hand, where COVID rules are more lax such as Texas, the Rangers are averaging above 26,000 better than their 2019 mark. The Atlanta Braves have also improved.
View attachment 491176
What this shows is what COVID has done to not just baseball but all sports. Only the UFC has finally given COVID the big finger as they drew 15,000 fans to their recent event in Jacksonville nearly everyone not wearing a mask and no social distancing in effect. Last weekend, must of the same in Texas where they actually broke their own indoor record. I have yet to hear of any ill effects from anyone that attended those events. That means there is no COVID floating around in the air or amongst people that is spreading like wildfire as some will believe.

View attachment 491176
It does not do that.

Read it and weep:

This stuff was not in the statistics about Baseball attendance that you posted.

Do these articles cover all sports - no.

I want you to get all of statistics, and post them - don't make me go to the links and have to read or find the statistics table myself.

Do you understand, me?
Television ratings ARE down...significantly. On all sports. MMA may be the only sport least affected. That's because they are laxing on the rules. As for die-hard fans, I am evidence that it is true. I've been watching sports since 1972 and for the first time ever this past 12 months, I was so fed up with all the bullshit and not just COVID but athlete's attitudes, to much politics interferring, rule changes, it has become a MUCH MUCH different game in all sports than I remember watching for the first 30 years or so of being a sports fan.
You admit, yourself, that it was not pandemic protocols that has discouraged you from professional sports, just as I described in my comment.

I'm SURE there are many more who think like I do.
Of course, you are a run-of-the-mill average white boy with fat girlfriend.

Perhaps you and others with your opinion can ignore all the bullshit and more power to you for that, but for me, it is no longer enjoyable watching what used to be good sports with athletes who played FOR THE GAME and not for ANYTHING else.
I have not followed anything but baseball for the past few years. I used to follow NFL closely, but lost as the Giants went down hill rapidly. I followed the Pacers with Reggie Miller when I was in Indianapolis, way back when. Tried to listen to the Brooklyn Nets.

In your research for me - don't leave out tennis, I like that too. I was really into it when Andre Aggasi and Pete Sampras, and

How about horse racing - how's that been?

NASCAR

Golf. Hockey did you mention hockey?
Figure skating, but that usually the Olympics.
Gymnastics???

Don't disappoint me, buddy. Show me you can do it.

Just do it

I stopped going to pro-sports in the 1980's because of being too busy.
that was an excellent decision,ever sense after the 1980's the three major sports baseball,football and basketball have become corrupt cartels.

View attachment 491176
It does not do that.

Read it and weep:

I'm SURE there are many more who think like I do. Perhaps you and others with your opinion can ignore all the bullshit and more power to you for that, but for me, it is no longer enjoyable watching what used to be good sports with athletes who played FOR THE GAME and not for ANYTHING else.
Ever sense the 90s the three major sports of the NBA MLB and NFL have nothing but players who sadly play the game now fir the love of the money,not for the love of the game.that is proof positive attendance and viewership is st an all time low fir these sports those links you provided.

View attachment 491176
It does not do that.

:thankusmile: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Exactly,well said,you totally nailed it.:thup:

Everything the Dims touch turns to shit.... and then dies. Including pro sports.

As each sport sucked the blm dick, I wrote it off. Forever.

Haven't missed any of it.

Forum List

Back