2012 Election - All Night Long :)

Sarah G

When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left
Mar 4, 2009
NW Ohio
Let us know how you're holding up, which drinking games you're playing, if your guy is winning!

I'll probably go to bed not long after I get my kids to bed as I don't expect we'll know tonight who won thanks to Ohio. But my daughter and I will be watching things come in as I rock her to sleep. It'll be impossible to be too upset over anything while I'm holding my little girl.

I'm working, but waiting for the Ohio polls to close

They close at 7:30. I drove by the board of elections on my way home and they are busy.

Did you vote at your regular polling place?

I'll probably go to bed not long after I get my kids to bed as I don't expect we'll know tonight who won thanks to Ohio. But my daughter and I will be watching things come in as I rock her to sleep. It'll be impossible to be too upset over anything while I'm holding my little girl.

Aww. I remember rocking my daughter to sleep long ago, how sweet a time is that.

I'm working, but waiting for the Ohio polls to close

They close at 7:30. I drove by the board of elections on my way home and they are busy.

Did you vote at your regular polling place?

I just saw that about the 7:30 close. We close at 9.

I've been following the political chatter on twitter in the meantime.

We voted at 6 this morning in our regular polling place.

Happy to join in with two of my most favorite posters here on this thread . . .

A special, spaghetti dinner awaits tonight with crisp salad, butter/garlic french bread, glasses of cold milk and, of course, ginger snaps for desert - all in front of the HD screen as the Fate of Our Nation plays out before our bemused eyes.

I am looking forward to it!

Drinking games? Every time some pundit says something stupid, bottoms up! How's that?

Last edited:

Aww. I remember rocking my daughter to sleep long ago, how sweet a time is that.

It does not get better. I miss rocking my son to sleep but he's already grown up too much for that. They grow too fast.

A special, spaghetti dinner awaits tonight with crisp salad, butter/garlic french bread, glasses of cold milk and, of course, ginger snaps for desert - all in front of the HD screen as the Fate of Our Nation plays out before our bemused eyes.

Drinking games? Every time some pundit says something stupid, bottoms up! How's that?

Spaghetti sounds good. My boyfriend gets home at 8:30 so I just made a cheeseburger, he eats at work.

Christal Ball was saying drink everytime you hear too close to call. :)

You are not going to last very long at that rate:lol:

28 Fantastic Songs to play at an Election Night Party:

1.Fortunate Son – Credence Clearwater Revival
2.A Change is Gonna Come – Sam Cooke
3.What’s Goin’ On – Marvin Gaye
4.Imagine – John Lennon
5.We didn’t Start the Fire – Billy Joel
6.Sunday Bloody Sunday – U2
7.Redemption Song – Bob Marley
8.Sympathy for the Devil – Rolling Stones
9.The Times They Are A-Changing – Bob Dylan
10. All Along the Watchtower – Jimi Hendrix
11.Rockin’ in the Free World – Neil Young
12. (What’s so Funny ‘Bout) Peace, Love and Understanding – Nick Lowe
13.Taxman – The Beatles
14. Beds are Burning – Midnight Oil
15.Devil Inside – INXS
16. This Land is Your Land – Woody Guthrie
17.For What It’s Worth – Buffalo Springfield
18.Born in the U.S.A.- Bruce Springsteen
19.The Star-Spangled Banner – Jimi Hendrix
20.God Bless the USA – Lee Greenwood
21.Beautiful Day – U2
22.I Ain’t Marching Anymore – Phil Ochs
23.Where Have all the Flowers Gone – Pete Seeger
24.Country Roads – John Denver
25. Turn, Turn, Turn (To Everything There is a Season) – The Byrds
26.Freedom – The Isley Brothers
27.My Country ‘Tis Of Thee – Crosby & Nash
28.War (What Is It Good For) – War

28 Songs to Play at an Election Night Party | mevsthehouse.com

I'd put this somewhere the top of that songlist:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h27HRNm_r4U]Everybody Knows (leonard Cohen) - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back