200,000 dead Americans are "virtually nobody" according to Trump

No one believes that number. It is a joke designed to prey upon only the most credulous and naive in society.
President Donald Trump claimed Monday at an Ohio campaign rally that the coronavirus poses little threat to young people and “affects virtually nobody,” as the number of Americans to have died from Covid-19 climbed toward 200,000 in the United States.

“It affects elderly people. Elderly people with heart problems and other problems. If they have other problems, that’s what it really affects,” Trump told supporters at an airport outside Toledo.

What kind of sleaze says the death of 200,000 Americans is "nobody". You really dio have to be a heartless baastard. Of course sthis is the same person that called our fallen tropps losers and suckers and his own supporters disgusting.

This is who Trump is. A pathetic sad disgusting little loser.

Figures you twist his words. The meaning is that usually people infected don't die, and don't suffer severe symptoms. He isn't calling the dead "nobodies" and you know it.
I don't need your warped opinion to tell me what Trump meant. His words are as clear as day.
200k is tragic but a pittance statistically.
It’s the third leading cause of death. A pittance it’s not.
Compared to a population of 330mil? Pittance.

How does it compare to those who have died in riots this summer?

Because the right wants us to believe that's a far greater threat.
Riots kill businesses as well as people. You’re comparing apples and oranges. And we discussed and disagreed on how many of the deaths are truly from COVID.

Dying from COVID is tragic but not against the law. Rioting, burning buildings and killing people is against the law.
Ah, so it's not about people, it's about money. Gotcha.

Lots more businesses were lost because of COVID than riots anyway.

This isn't apples and oranges. This is explaining clearly how the right uses fear as a means to drive their agenda.

Why did you feel the need to lie about what he said?
Truth hurts, doesn't it?

He mentioned "businesses" once, and you pretended it was all he said.

That was you lying, not the "Truth".

No one believes that number. It is a joke designed to prey upon only the most credulous and naive in society.
President Donald Trump claimed Monday at an Ohio campaign rally that the coronavirus poses little threat to young people and “affects virtually nobody,” as the number of Americans to have died from Covid-19 climbed toward 200,000 in the United States.

“It affects elderly people. Elderly people with heart problems and other problems. If they have other problems, that’s what it really affects,” Trump told supporters at an airport outside Toledo.

What kind of sleaze says the death of 200,000 Americans is "nobody". You really dio have to be a heartless baastard. Of course sthis is the same person that called our fallen tropps losers and suckers and his own supporters disgusting.

Figures you twist his words. The meaning is that usually people infected don't die, and don't suffer severe symptoms. He isn't calling the dead "nobodies" and you know it.
I don't need your warped opinion to tell me what Trump meant. His words are as clear as day.

Riots kill businesses as well as people. You’re comparing apples and oranges. And we discussed and disagreed on how many of the deaths are truly from COVID.

Dying from COVID is tragic but not against the law. Rioting, burning buildings and killing people is against the law.

This isn't apples and oranges. This is explaining clearly how the right uses fear as a means to drive their agenda.
You don’t understand. For many businesses are their lives. Only 9k died from COVID, remainder had underlying conditions per the CDC.

The riot damages were far more preventable.

Once the initial ones were over aggressive policing and prosecutions would have ended them.

Pound for pound, dollar for dollar, COVID was far more preventable. Even a one percent decrease in COVID would have been greater than all the riots combined.

You don't know that. On the other hand we know aggressive policing would have stopped the riots cold.

With regards to damages, COVID, unless the owner died of the disease, leaves the capital and labor of the business intact, even if inactive. Riots lead to physical destruction of capital, and once a business is destroyed instead of just closed, I guarantee the labor will also be lost to other opportunities.

Sure we do. The economic damage from COVID is in the trillions upon trillions. Deaths are in the hundreds of thousands.

Economic damage from riots is in the tens of billions. Deaths are in the hundreds.

This is pretty simple arithmetic. No need to try to bend convoluted rationales into justifying something else.

Once the initial ones were over aggressive policing and prosecutions would have ended them.

Pound for pound, dollar for dollar, COVID was far more preventable. Even a one percent decrease in COVID would have been greater than all the riots combined.
Nope because we are a fat and unhealthy country. COVID sped up those deaths.

You don’t understand. For many businesses are their lives. Only 9k died from COVID, remainder had underlying conditions per the CDC.
You don't understand what it means to die from COVID. Pull your head out of whatever right wing media garbage you're being fed because it's the opposite of medical knowledge.

That doesn't actually mean anything.

You don't understand what it means to die from COVID. Pull your head out of whatever right wing media garbage you're being fed because it's the opposite of medical knowledge.
Well I donate convalescent plasma and I am going again on October 1st. I spoke to many doctors and nurses where I donate and they disagree with you. I value Their opinion over yours when you won’t even share your educational background or what you do for a living.

Quite the opposite. Too bad you don’t understand that. I have Tried explaining it to you. But you seem to be obtuse. I believe you’re a troll.

Well I donate convalescent plasma and I am going again on October 1st. I spoke to many doctors and nurses where I donate and they disagree with you. I value Their opinion over yours when you won’t even share your educational background or what you do for a living.
I've shared my background and my job with you before.

You called me a liar.

It makes zero difference to you because you've already made up your mind.

And you live in the fog of night.

You don't know that. On the other hand we know aggressive policing would have stopped the riots cold.

With regards to damages, COVID, unless the owner died of the disease, leaves the capital and labor of the business intact, even if inactive. Riots lead to physical destruction of capital, and once a business is destroyed instead of just closed, I guarantee the labor will also be lost to other opportunities.

Sure we do. The economic damage from COVID is in the trillions upon trillions. Deaths are in the hundreds of thousands.

Economic damage from riots is in the tens of billions. Deaths are in the hundreds.

This is pretty simple arithmetic. No need to try to bend convoluted rationales into justifying something else.

Again, COVID doesn't destroy the actual physical plant of the businesses. Nor does it destroy a business owners faith in government to protect them from a preventable occurrence.

And it's not COVID destroying economic value, it's the response, a response you evidently want to be much much more stringent, and thus more economically damaging.

The damage from the rioting is due to a LACK of aggressive response.

Quite the opposite. Too bad you don’t understand that. I have Tried explaining it to you. But you seem to be obtuse. I believe you’re a troll.
You tried explaining it, but it doesn't make any sense. I've explained why it's incorrect to you but you seem to be obtuse because you're a troll.

Seriously, someone can live with preexisting conditions for decades. COVID doesn't "speed it up" any more than getting into a car crash speeds up a death from hypertension.

You called me a liar.

Do it again. I do Not recall. I recall You said you made $500k per year. That I do not believe.

You tried explaining it, but it doesn't make any sense. I've explained why it's incorrect to you but you seem to be obtuse because you're a troll.

Seriously, someone can live with preexisting conditions for decades. COVID doesn't "speed it up" any more than getting into a car crash speeds up a death from hypertension.
Decades? Maybe. Many die in less than a year. Depending on the condition and the severity. Only 6% died strictly due to COVID. The other 94% died because they were either in poor health, fat or both. It’s tragic but it is the truth.

Again, COVID doesn't destroy the actual physical plant of the businesses. Nor does it destroy a business owners faith in government to protect them from a preventable occurrence.

And it's not COVID destroying economic value, it's the response, a response you evidently want to be much much more stringent, and thus more economically damaging.

Irrelevant. If a physical business is destroyed, it can be rebuilt. No difference. It just costs money. Money is money. COVID prevents economic activity, therefore it costs money. The response to COVID was made necessary by the widespread pandemic. We could have avoided it but it would have meant hundreds of thousands more deaths, so either way we were screwed.

He didn't say that at all, dope.

How many people do you think have died from the results of the convid restrictions?

Irrelevant. If a physical business is destroyed, it can be rebuilt. No difference. It just costs money. Money is money. COVID prevents economic activity, therefore it costs money. The response to COVID was made necessary by the widespread pandemic. We could have avoided it but it would have meant hundreds of thousands more deaths, so either way we were screwed.
“Just costs money”....and money grows on trees? Do you know how difficult it is to rebuild and then garner back the client base? You truly have minimal if any business acumen. And there was zero reason to riot. Everyone agreed the Floyd death was heinous. What the hell are you rioting about? People wanted to burn and steal shit.

How many people do you think have died from the results of the convid restrictions?
Your assumption is that he thinks and or cares. False assumption

You called me a liar.

Do it again. I do Not recall. I recall You said you made $500k per year. That I do not believe.
I'm a physician.

Let me tell you about the first patient that I saw that died of COVID. He was 70. Worked full time at his business. He had hypertension, which the majority of people who are 70 years old have. He might have been technically overweight, nothing big. He got COVID, wound up in the ICU on a ventilator for 1 month. Couldn't wean off aggressive ventilator support. Died drowning in his own secretions.

According to you, he didn't die of COVID because he had a preexisting condition.

So kindly go fuck yourself and the bullshit you think you heard from doctors and nurses.

Forum List

Back