2 mid-Michigan dams breached, thousands evacuated amid flooding

I have been afraid of a natural disaster striking us when we are already on our knees. Those poor people. I'd love to know how they maintain social distancing with mass evacuations and all taking place.
The things that worry you! I'm sure their only worry is the loss of their greatest "investment"

Do you understand that a LOT of us are not spending our time under the bed?

WE are just waiting for people like you to come to your senses while lives are being destroyed by your government induced fears

They were just recovering from another flood a few years ago
This is today's flood. Lots of nice homes affected

Lower Peninsula got a ton of rain the last couple days

That’s just so sad.

Another promise made by trump and not fulfilled. Where was that money to fix our infrastructure? Spent on the wall down south which blew over in a windstorm?

This is a state problem. How is it now Trump's fault?

The Congress would have passed a huge bill to renew and repair or replace our rusting infrastructure as Trump promised, but he and the Republicans didn't push for it, trump was to predisposed to build his ego wall and Republicans wanted to cut taxes for Corporations and the wealthiest Americans.

Another promise made by trump and not fulfilled. Where was that money to fix our infrastructure? Spent on the wall down south which blew over in a windstorm?

The Congress would have passed a huge bill to renew and repair or replace our rusting infrastructure as Trump promised, but he and the Republicans didn't push for it, trump was to predisposed to build his ego wall and Republicans wanted to cut taxes for Corporations and the wealthiest Americans.
What happened to Obama’s shovel ready jobs helping with the infrastructure?-

The administration did little to help, instead showing off infrastructure projects that hadn’t started yet and creating the wrong impression that the stimulus was largely a public-works package.
1590009421586.jpeg

And why is it always federal dollars end up helping out what states should be spending on their local problems. Why are they never held responsible?

Have to wonder if rightwinger & Wretched Gretchen will be out trying to stick a cork in them.

Another stupid character assassinations by

The administration did little to help, instead showing off infrastructure projects that hadn’t started yet and creating the wrong impression that the stimulus was largely a public-works package.
View attachment 338726
And why is it always federal dollars end up helping out what states should be spending on their local problems. Why are they never held responsible?

Oh yes, a BIG LIE resurfaces. Maybe you need to get your head out of the hole and see what was in the Bill, and what has been accomplished. For one thing it put people in the Construction Industry back to work, and they in turn put money into the community, as well as repairing roads and bridges, making interchanges safer and providing funding for commuter rail, light and heavy.

1590016366424.png

BTW, your link did not have any detail, it likely came from Fox or one of the Internet's Lame Partisan Media.

Last edited:
They got a ton of raid due to a stalled rotating system that just kept pumping water into many watersheds in the area.

The 2nd failure appears to be a cascade failure from the first dam breaching.

I have a feeling people will be scrounging for maintenance records on these dams, especially their spillway maintenance and operation records.

Crumbling infrastructure and the failure of the Trump Administration to address the real problems in the nation while CB he pursues his political enemies.

Not one dime for infrastructure. Billions for a useless wall.

Don’t make any mistake. Our crumbling infrastructure is something that should be laid at the feet of the duopoly and their blind supporters. Our nation is being failed by its elevated officials, but far too many don’t give a shit so long as their party is in power.

I could has sworn the governor of Michigan was a Democrat.
So?

They got a ton of raid due to a stalled rotating system that just kept pumping water into many watersheds in the area.

I have a feeling people will be scrounging for maintenance records on these dams, especially their spillway maintenance and operation records.

Crumbling infrastructure and the failure of the Trump Administration to address the real problems in the nation while CB he pursues his political enemies.

Don’t make any mistake. Our crumbling infrastructure is something that should be laid at the feet of the duopoly and their blind supporters. Our nation is being failed by its elevated officials, but far too many don’t give a shit so long as their party is in power.

I don't think any "opoly" is involved. Infrastructure work is boring, and doesn't "wow" constituents like pet social projects.

They also take time and planning, something most politicians don't like because it doesn't give them immidiate boosts to their images.

Finally, the work is done by boogeymen on both sides of the political aisle, large engineering firms, i.e. greedy corporate interests, as well as union labor i.e. lazy protected workers stopping others from entering ther fields"

Mostly this can be laid at the feet of Republican and their tax cutting. Infrastructure maintenance is an easy cut because nobody sees it. Politicians want taxpayers to SEE something when they spend money on infrastructure.

The Army Corps of Engineers has been writing reports for decades warning of conditions of bridges, damns and other aging infrastructure.

The New Orleans Levy was their #1 national concern before Katrina. How much money could have been saved if those warnings had been heeded?

Trump ran on a campaign promise of repairing and building infrastructure. Thousands of good paying jobs rebuilding American infrastructure. Instead billions are going to a useless wall that will be torn down the moment he leaves office.

Trump could have spent the money to save lives and give work to men and women across the country. Instead he pissed it away on a vanity project.

Stupid is as stupid does.

The Democrats in Congress refuse to consider an infrastructure bill.

When have they been asked for infrastructure money other than to build the wall. The answer is “Never”.

Never has never proposed an infrastructure program. He’s talked about making a plan but show me his plan. Put a link up to Trump’s infrastructure program.

The Democrats are in charge of the House. They refuse to consider any infrastructure bills while Trump is President. They do not want to give him a victory.
Oh, for fuck's sake. This problem has been building for decades. Both parties failed. At the executive branch level, and the Congressional level, at the Michigan governorship level. Stop being a tool for once in your life.

View attachment 338726
That went to buy union votes. No useful work was done

I don't think any "opoly" is involved. Infrastructure work is boring, and doesn't "wow" constituents like pet social projects.

They also take time and planning, something most politicians don't like because it doesn't give them immidiate boosts to their images.

Finally, the work is done by boogeymen on both sides of the political aisle, large engineering firms, i.e. greedy corporate interests, as well as union labor i.e. lazy protected workers stopping others from entering ther fields"

Mostly this can be laid at the feet of Republican and their tax cutting. Infrastructure maintenance is an easy cut because nobody sees it. Politicians want taxpayers to SEE something when they spend money on infrastructure.

The Army Corps of Engineers has been writing reports for decades warning of conditions of bridges, damns and other aging infrastructure.

The New Orleans Levy was their #1 national concern before Katrina. How much money could have been saved if those warnings had been heeded?

Trump ran on a campaign promise of repairing and building infrastructure. Thousands of good paying jobs rebuilding American infrastructure. Instead billions are going to a useless wall that will be torn down the moment he leaves office.

Trump could have spent the money to save lives and give work to men and women across the country. Instead he pissed it away on a vanity project.

Your partisan bigoty is truly harmful, since the state has been under Democratic control for DECADES, meaning they could have used their majority power to be on top of these crumbling infrastructures.

The Army Corps of Engineers have no oversight of those private/county owned dams.

:cuckoo:
"Your partisan bigoty is truly harmful, since the state has been under Democratic control for DECADES"

Actually, you lie. Republicans controlled their state legislature for almost all of the last 2 decades. Governors have been both Republican and Democrat. So really, you're the partisan bigot here. In reality, both parties share the blame as neither party did much of anything to prevent this.

Your partisan bigoty is truly harmful, since the state has been under Democratic control for DECADES, meaning they could have used their majority power to be on top of these crumbling infrastructures.

The Army Corps of Engineers have no oversight of those private/county owned dams.

:cuckoo:
"Your partisan bigoty is truly harmful, since the state has been under Democratic control for DECADES"

Actually, you lie. Republicans controlled their state legislature for almost all of the last 2 decades. Governors have been both Republican and Democrat. So really, you're the partisan bigot here. In reality, both parties share the blame as neither party did much of anything to prevent this.

No I didn't lie, but I was wrong, I confused the state with Illinois.

The governor is reporting on the emergency

All the money went to the illegals so they could stay in a 5 star rather than fix the dam...... good ur dumb fks deserve it all. Sry ppl with minds have to pay for it too though.
Tranny story time hour needed funding to

Two dams have breached as of last night. It is reported a third has breached this morning.
The Canooks are full of shit. I have a sneaking suspicion Montreal and Toronto got together with the Chicago Outfit, Flying Wheels from Detroit, took over City Hall and went radical environmentalist all over the U.S. blowing dams etc.
The Norks are involved, too. Maintenance records and payroll hours are forged, altered, and falsified, sometimes long after the fact. That cushy labor-union "defined benefit" pension plan has been raided and embezzled by certain "bosses" over the years.

Have to wonder if rightwinger & Wretched Gretchen will be out trying to stick a cork in them.

Another stupid character assassinations by

View attachment 338726

Oh yes, a BIG LIE resurfaces. Maybe you need to get your head out of the hole and see what was in the Bill, and what has been accomplished. For one thing it put people in the Construction Industry back to work, and they in turn put money into the community, as well as repairing roads and bridges, making interchanges safer and providing funding for commuter rail, light and heavy.

Just like the Oroville Dam in California, 'eh?

State problem, smartypants.

Still a state problem since Cali STILL hasn't fixed the dam but they sure SUCKED federal dollars when declared an emergency.

Rye/Wry time for your liberal brain to retire .

You'll be fine, remember?
Cause you already 'got yours'.

So?

It would be Michigan's responsibility to fix these dams.

So?

What does that have to do with the governor being a Democrat? What does the dam failing have to do with the governor being a Democrat?

So?

What does that have to do with the governor being a Democrat? What does the dam failing have to do with the governor being a Democrat?
Asked and answered. Try reading the thread please. My answer is the post you quoted.

Forum List

Back