1975 S&W Model 57 .41 Magnum

I have been working on this deal for a good month and a half off and on and it finally bore fruit today!
I used to have a 4" M57. It was in beautiful condition and the best shooting revolver in my collection. It also had the nicest polishing and blueing of all my S&W's.

I think more cops carried the M58 (fixed sights), the "Highway Patrol". Cheaper than the M57 and not finished as nicely.

Great revolver, .41 is a kick-ass round.

Hogue Monogrips aren't bad for square-butt N-Frames if a set of Ahrends are too hard to find...

edit correction: I guess the M28 was the "Highway Patrol". I had an M27 too, I think I was confusing them. Not that many M58's were made, cops went with the M28 .357 in much larger numbers.

Last edited:
I used to have a 4" M57. It was in beautiful condition and the best shooting revolver in my collection. It also had the nicest polishing and blueing of all my S&W's.

I think more cops carried the M58 (fixed sights), the "Highway Patrol". Cheaper than the M57 and not finished as nicely.

Great revolver, .41 is a kick-ass round.

Hogue Monogrips aren't bad for square-butt N-Frames if a set of Ahrends are too hard to find...

edit correction: I guess the M28 was the "Highway Patrol". I had an M27 too, I think I was confusing them. Not that many M58's were made, cops went with the M28 .357 in much larger numbers.

I ran across a used Texas Ranger issue S&W Mod. 25, 4" bbl, adj. tritium sights in excellent condition for $200-

I generally prefer larger caliber handguns especially because you can always reload for lighter loads but you can't reload a .357 Magnum to .44 Magnum ballistics.

Enjoy yourself,

Forum List

Back