1960s & 1970s revolutions in music

In going through the pages in this thread, it occurred to me we are leaving out a major, major piece of the musical revolution of the '60's and '70's. And when I say major, I mean every bit as big as the Beatles, Stones and The Who.

I am not exaggerating!

I wouldn't say they were as important as The Who or the Stones, but they were a very small step down...

Oh, I think The Doors are more in that realm don't you?

I don't think you could put The Doors in any category, they were just the Doors.

But you're right about them being "up there". They are rock and roll deity.

In regards to Creedence, I remember they were the only group (other than the Beatles and Stones), that consistently put out 45's, that had classic songs on both the 'a' and 'b' sides.

Fortunate Son / Down on the Corner
Green River / Commotion
Up and Around the Bend / Run through the Jungle
Who will stop the Rain / Travelin' Band
Bad Moon Rising / Don't look know (It ain't you or me)​

Yet another great one. I saw them live in 1966 at the Whiskey and was an instant fan. Every year for the last 25 I pour a little whiskey on his grave in Pere Lachaise.

Did you read the book, "No one here, gets out alive"?

That was my "fear and loathing..." baptism.

In going through the pages in this thread, it occurred to me we are leaving out a major, major piece of the musical revolution of the '60's and '70's. And when I say major, I mean every bit as big as the Beatles, Stones and The Who.

I am not exaggerating!

I wouldn't say they were as important as The Who or the Stones, but they were a very small step down...

Oops. Sorry. I copied your song but not on purpose. :D

Forum List

Back