17-year-old student faces charges after prosecutors claim she rapped about shooting up her school 'like Oxford'

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Wow.
Charged with terrorism for recording a video.

• A 17-year-old student was charged after video showed her threatening to shoot up her school "like Oxford."
  • The Genesee County prosecutor said in response that the video "is a crime and it will be treated as such."
  • Earlier this week, four students died after a shooting at Oxford High School in in Oakland County, Michigan.

A17-year-old student in Flint, Michigan, is facing charges after she posted a "rap-style message" on social media with threats of "shooting up the school 'like Oxford,'" a county prosecutor announced this week.

Wow.

• A 17-year-old student was charged after video showed her threatening to shoot up her school "like Oxford."
  • The Genesee County prosecutor said in response that the video "is a crime and it will be treated as such."
  • Earlier this week, four students died after a shooting at Oxford High School in in Oakland County, Michigan.

Boy, she sure knows how to make her parents proud.

The Genesee County prosecutor said in response that the video "is a crime and it will be treated as such."
So... let me see if I've got this straight. A student puts out an amateur video about shooting up a school and she is facing prison time because her words might have instigated violence against others? IF that's correct, why in THE HELL, aren't media corporations being held to the same standard? They lie every day. They twist facts and sometimes even create narratives that are totally false, KNOWING it could foment violence.

Wow.

Sounds like the gubermint is moving towards PreCrime now...

Minority Report.

DigitalDrifter
The younger generation is 2/3 losers

God can’t help us

I think this country is fucked in another 10 years or so. It's already kinda fucked in some places, but it's gonna get bad when today's teenagers find out the gov't can't give them everything they want for free. I wonder if all those Illegals that came here will be going back home.

task0778
Now I know why I don’t have kids
Because no one want you to be the sperm donor…

Wow.

Ummm, a cheap ass music video is no reason to arrest this kid and threaten her with a criminal record…

This will truly hit the USSC if convicted!

Wow.

She probably thought she had free speech. Used to; don't anymore. Anyone thing it's a GOOD idea to charge for a "word crime"?

If I ran the zoo, said a book by Dr. Seuss recently censored ------

The only crimes would be physical: hurting people and taking their stuff. Computer crime like ransomware would count as taking. NO WORD CRIMES. NO THOUGHT CRIMES.

It IS contagious, I realize that. There were almost no such shootings before Columbine, but since, wow, dozens and dozens. Apparently many, many kids got real excited by this in Michigan and have been threatening their schools daily! Is this a black thing? this girl was doing a "rap" performance, maybe she is black.

It IS contagious, I realize that. There were almost no such shootings before Columbine, but since, wow, dozens and dozens. Apparently many, many kids got real excited by this in Michigan and have been threatening their schools daily! Is this a black thing? this girl was doing a "rap" performance, maybe she is black.

Did you just ask if school shootings are a "black thing"?

Did you just ask if school shootings are a "black thing"?
Well, in this case I meant the girl who was charged. A "rap" about shooting up her school? Sounds like a black thing. I know most school schootings, by no means all, are white, so far.

So we can rap and publish songs about killing cops, raping and beating women but a song about a school shooting is criminal? What happened to freedom of expression? Not my type of music or subject matter but the 1st Amendment is a protection.

But all the blacks online showing videos talking about killing whitey and stealing shit is fine and dandy.

Wow.

America 2.0

Forum List

Back