149 year old cold records shattered in Canada

Billy_Bob

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2014
Top Of The Great Divide
Welp, so much for the gullible warming nuts... These people don't have a clue that major parts of the northern hemisphere are shattering cold records that go back as far as record keeping.. Not only in North America but in Europe as well. 65% of the northern hemisphere is now 5 deg C below the 1980-2010 average...

The Weather Network - 2021 threatens the unheard of — Canada's capitals all plunge below freezing

And I thought we were all gonna have to chip in to buy suntan lotion for the polar bears this year.

Welp, so much for the gullible warming nuts... These people don't have a clue that major parts of the northern hemisphere are shattering cold records that go back as far as record keeping.. Not only in North America but in Europe as well. 65% of the northern hemisphere is now 5 deg C below the 1980-2010 average...

The Weather Network - 2021 threatens the unheard of — Canada's capitals all plunge below freezing

I don't know about a record, but it's -20 C right now. Even my dog is running in quicker than usual, he has no interest in the snow at this temperature.

Because of the landmass configurations which are unique to present day. It is the Northern Hemisphere which influences the climate of the planet.

"...Interglacial periods tend to occur during periods of peak solar radiation in the Northern Hemisphere summer..."

"...Solar radiation changes in the high southern latitudes near Antarctica are actually out of phase with temperature changes, such that the coldest period during the most recent ice age occurred at about the time the region was experiencing a peak in local sunshine. This means that the growth of ice sheets in the Northern Hemisphere has an important influence on climate worldwide..."

That Polar Front draped about 100 miles north of me ... damn near smell the pineapples on the air ... next break in the rain I plan on setting in the spring garden ... temperatures are about as average as average can get ... got as cold as to have a little jack frost in a forecast or two this winter, none of it materialized ... must suck living where there's ice or snow, just suck big time ...

I don't know about a record, but it's -20 C right now. Even my dog is running in quicker than usual, he has no interest in the snow at this temperature.
My current temp is -19 deg F ambient air temp and we have winds at 27 mph gusting to 39 mph... Were in the -52 to -60 range with wind chill...

Go GOREBULL WARMING--------

Ice age delayed but finally coming.....we are going to wish that we could actually warm the planet with just some carbon here shortly.

The same with my dogs.
Usually when we let em out in the middle of the night to take a leak it's hard to get em to come back in.
These days you barely get the door shut and ya gotta open it again.

If my city gets the predicted 4-6" of snow by tomorrow night, it will be the snowiest February on record.

This in a semi-desert region!

The AGW Cult responds, "You fool! It's cold because of global warming! Three thing you need to know: never get into a land war in Asia, never bet against a Sicilian when death is on the line, and never question the Settled Science behind Global Climate Warming Change."

The AGW Cult responds, "You fool! It's cold because of global warming! Three thing you need to know: never get into a land war in Asia, never bet against a Sicilian when death is on the line, and never question the Settled Science behind Global Climate Warming Change."

Yeah when the sun becomes a red giant there will be 100,000 foot thick glacier covering the entire planet because of the big boost of heat that put it all there.

Yeah when the sun becomes a red giant there will be 100,000 foot thick glacier covering the entire planet because of the big boost of heat that put it all there.
My city put out a DRIP warning.... the day after it was so cold that hundreds of homes pipes froze.. All I could do is laugh my ass off... Better late than never... I had the faucets dripping long before these idiots figured it out..

My city put out a DRIP warning.... the day after it was so cold that hundreds of homes pipes froze.. All I could do is laugh my ass off... Better late than never... I had the faucets dripping long before these idiots figured it out..

When I moved into my current home, I saw that my 3/4 copper water pipe was fully exposed to the air under the house by the entryway. I was amazed no one wrapped it in black pipe foam before I moved in, it is such an easy fix.

In Casper Wy, it is should be OBVIOUS to turn a faucet as the state is the coldest one of the 48 states and mostly above 6,000' elevation.

When I moved into my current home, I saw that my 3/4 copper water pipe was fully exposed to the air under the house by the entryway. I was amazed no one wrapped it in black pipe foam before I moved in, it is such an easy fix.

In Casper Wy, it is should be OBVIOUS to turn a faucet as the state is the coldest one of the 48 states and mostly above 6,000' elevation.

Common sense is not a word I can use with some of the people around here.. Most who can not think critically are liberals who do not have a clue about much of anything.. I used pipe warming tapes before insulation and I don't have many problems at all.. Cold nights get the drip going.. its habit.

Forum List

Back