14 Big City Mayors ask Trump to stop deploying federal agents

There is a major press conference going on right now addressing the inaction of democrat mayors and the steps the federal government will be taking under Operation Legend. The families of the dead have asked for help. They asked first from the city. Then from the state. Their pleas were as ignored as the American pleas to King George was ignored when they also begged for protection from savages. The aggrieved had someplace else to go. They have a President who listened and took action.

As painful as the stories are from families that have lost loved ones to democrat fueled street violence they don't compare to the aftermath. The way these people begged for help is both sickening and infuriating. The way the police were obstructed by city officials should no more be tolerated today than Americans tolerated it in 1776.

President threw down the gauntlet to democrats today.

In a letter to Attorney General William Barr and acting Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf on Tuesday, the mayors voiced their “deep concern and objection to the deployment of federal forces in U.S. cities.”

“The unilateral deployment of these forces into American cities is unprecedented and violates fundamental constitutional protections and tenets of federalism,” the mayors wrote. “Deployment of federal forces in the streets of our communities has not been requested nor is it acceptable.”

Signatories to the letter included the mayors of Seattle; Portland, Ore.; Atlanta; Chicago; Washington, D.C.; Kansas City, Mo.; Boston; Philadelphia; Denver; Los Angeles; San Jose, Calif.; Oakland, Calif.; Tucson, Ariz.; and Sacramento, Calif.

t is concerning that federal law enforcement is being deployed for political purposes. The President and his administration continually attack local leadership and amplify false and divisive rhetoric purely for campaign fodder,” they wrote. “Their words and actions have created an environment of fear and mistrust.”

“I’m going to do something — that, I can tell you,” Trump said Monday in response to a question about reports that his administration might send federal law enforcement to other major cities dealing with protests. The president mentioned Chicago, New York City and Philadelphia, among other cities.

The deployments have come under harsh scrutiny from Democrats after officers in Portland were seen grabbing protesters off the street and putting them in unmarked cars.

“These are tactics we expect from an authoritarian regime – not our democracy,” the mayors wrote.

The administration has defended the deployments, saying they are necessary to respond to the rising violence and protect federal property.

“What is occurring in Portland in the early hours of every morning is not peaceful protesting,” Wolf said Tuesday. “We have been forced because of local law enforcement presence to take measures such as arrests to protect our officials.”

To say that deploying federal LEs is done for political purposes may in part be true, but so is inexcusably allowing the riots, burning, and destruction or public and private property by the local and state gov'ts. It's one thing to defend federal property such as the federal courthouse in Portland, but it's totally another to arrest someone who is not attacking or damaging federal property or who is not breaking any federal laws. IOW, federal agents should not be doing LE functions that belong to the locals. Certainly what's happening in Portland and elsewhere is absolutely not peaceful protests, and I doubt very much that the feds are arresting anybody who isn't engaged in rioting and destruction of property. But frankly I do not see the authority for Trump to deploy federal agents where they are not wanted, as long as federal property is not at risk. And if I were Trump I'd totally stay out of any city that requests federal agents to leave and let the fucking place burn to the ground. But I'd make sure they know they ain't getting one dollar of federal tax dollars to rebuild their cities.
The last time the Democrats tried to keep the federal government from protecting federal property, they got their asses kicked in a civil war...

But I agree with you...

Have the federal agents protect FEDERAL property, and let the cities burn...

Then tell the Democrats that THEY can cover the damage, since THEY allowed it to happen!!!

What happened to States Rights and objecting to encroachment by the federal government.

Rhetorical question
then protect the federal property in your state.

or keep your rioting destructive friends to just your own state property.

How about the feds protect federal property while the President understands where that line begins and ends.
how about the fucking people destroying shit are already held accountable for being over the line?

What happened to States Rights and objecting to encroachment by the federal government.

Rhetorical question

How about the feds protect federal property while the President understands where that line begins and ends.
how about the fucking people destroying shit are already held accountable for being over the line?

Agreed. Blame the Governors for being feckless.

Rhetorical question

As I see it, if a rioter/looter damages or destroys federal property then the federal gov't should hold them accountable for that, in terms of fines and jail time. To that end, I can see the federal agents arresting anybody who is attacking the Portland courthouse or any other federal property. Otherwise, it's on the city, county, and state to be responsible for public or private property damage. And again, I don't want to give them assholes any federal tax dollars to cleanup and rebuild after the shit stops. Not for damages that they should have prevented in the 1st place.

Fed. Goons attacking medics in Portland.

The Medics, of course, were NOT breaking in to a courthouse.

Anyone who does not realize that Trump is intentionally initiating conflict and violence in order to manipulate his base in order to win relection, is blind.

Those are not licensed medics..the rioters are training like minded thugs to be their medical force...they give them two weeks of training on tear gas eye washing and how to deal with sprained ankles and cuts....when they are not needed as medics they join the rioting....and those officers did the right thing...clear them out and real medics won't be needed....

I don't think this is 100% Trump's doing. He agrees with it and wants it, but I do not think he's the mastermind.

This is from his advisers (Stephen Miller?) or maybe even unofficial shadow advisers or heads of agencies. There are a lot of people involved.

Anyone who does not realize that Trump is intentionally initiating conflict and violence in order to manipulate his base in order to win relection, is blind.

This is bullshit. Those guys are not Fed goons, they're not even local police goons and those medics are not real medics either. This is pure bullshit, a setup to make the cops/agents look bad. Never happened in real life, this is all fake shit. Anyone who peddles this bullshit is being ridiculous.

All democrats? I didn't look them up. The first thing the federal agents should do is to arrest the mayors for failing to uphold their sworn duty and protect all citizens rather than just the vocal mob.

Rhetorical question

As I see it, if a rioter/looter damages or destroys federal property then the federal gov't should hold them accountable for that, in terms of fines and jail time. To that end, I can see the federal agents arresting anybody who is attacking the Portland courthouse or any other federal property. Otherwise, it's on the city, county, and state to be responsible for public or private property damage. And again, I don't want to give them assholes any federal tax dollars to cleanup and rebuild after the shit stops. Not for damages that they should have prevented in the 1st place.

My exact thought. If they want to allow people to ruin their city, then you pay for it. No asking Trump or anybody for money for their F-Ups. This was not a one day thing, a weekend thing, even a week thing. This is going on for several weeks now.

In a letter to Attorney General William Barr and acting Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf on Tuesday, the mayors voiced their “deep concern and objection to the deployment of federal forces in U.S. cities.”

“The unilateral deployment of these forces into American cities is unprecedented and violates fundamental constitutional protections and tenets of federalism,” the mayors wrote. “Deployment of federal forces in the streets of our communities has not been requested nor is it acceptable.”

Signatories to the letter included the mayors of Seattle; Portland, Ore.; Atlanta; Chicago; Washington, D.C.; Kansas City, Mo.; Boston; Philadelphia; Denver; Los Angeles; San Jose, Calif.; Oakland, Calif.; Tucson, Ariz.; and Sacramento, Calif.

t is concerning that federal law enforcement is being deployed for political purposes. The President and his administration continually attack local leadership and amplify false and divisive rhetoric purely for campaign fodder,” they wrote. “Their words and actions have created an environment of fear and mistrust.”

“I’m going to do something — that, I can tell you,” Trump said Monday in response to a question about reports that his administration might send federal law enforcement to other major cities dealing with protests. The president mentioned Chicago, New York City and Philadelphia, among other cities.

The deployments have come under harsh scrutiny from Democrats after officers in Portland were seen grabbing protesters off the street and putting them in unmarked cars.

“These are tactics we expect from an authoritarian regime – not our democracy,” the mayors wrote.

The administration has defended the deployments, saying they are necessary to respond to the rising violence and protect federal property.

“What is occurring in Portland in the early hours of every morning is not peaceful protesting,” Wolf said Tuesday. “We have been forced because of local law enforcement presence to take measures such as arrests to protect our officials.”

To say that deploying federal LEs is done for political purposes may in part be true, but so is inexcusably allowing the riots, burning, and destruction or public and private property by the local and state gov'ts. It's one thing to defend federal property such as the federal courthouse in Portland, but it's totally another to arrest someone who is not attacking or damaging federal property or who is not breaking any federal laws. IOW, federal agents should not be doing LE functions that belong to the locals. Certainly what's happening in Portland and elsewhere is absolutely not peaceful protests, and I doubt very much that the feds are arresting anybody who isn't engaged in rioting and destruction of property. But frankly I do not see the authority for Trump to deploy federal agents where they are not wanted, as long as federal property is not at risk. And if I were Trump I'd totally stay out of any city that requests federal agents to leave and let the fucking place burn to the ground. But I'd make sure they know they ain't getting one dollar of federal tax dollars to rebuild their cities.
Notice the graffiti hasn't been painted over on Portland's Fed building. It is rumored to be left there on purpose. All for photo ops for the Trump PR shit show.
You aren't proud of your fellow traveler's artwork?

The Trump cultists on this thread would have made the goodest of GoodGermans under Hitler.

Trump knows he can't win at the ballot box, so he's sending out his thugs to cause violence. Then he'll try claim that he's the only hope there is to stop the violence that he initiated. It's a standard fascist tactic. Hitler made up stories of violent Jews to justify his attacks on Jews, the Trump cult makes up stories of violent liberals to justify attacks on liberals. At least the kids are getting a good history lesson on how the Nazis managed to come to power.

Unfortunately for the Trump cult, America isn't buying their fascist act. The TV shows brownshirts attacking mothers and veterans, and all non-fascists are appalled. The liberals have whupped Nazi ass _again_, which makes the Trump cult cry.
#1 Rule of the Innerwebs..............first moron to bring up Hitler loses.

Congrats, Moron.

:iyfyus.jpg: :abgg2q.jpg: :iyfyus.jpg: :abgg2q.jpg:

This is bullshit. Those guys are not Fed goons, they're not even local police goons and those medics are not real medics either. This is pure bullshit, a setup to make the cops/agents look bad. Never happened in real life, this is all fake shit. Anyone who peddles this bullshit is being ridiculous.

Oh, it's a CONSPIRACY, just to make Trump look bad!

Can you imagine death hunts with these scumbags? We will offer criminals clean records to hunt these vermin down. Let them get a taste of what they let others to citizens and property.

Why would he do that? Trump actually cares about Americans living in these cities. Believe it or not, there are many conservatives in all of these cities who aren't being represented by the cowardly mayors. Trump is President of the United States and he is sworn to protect Americans. I've heard "legal" arguments justifying it both ways but the rioters should not be getting away with wanton destruction. People's properties, businesses and lives are at stake and if Trump can do something about it, he should. Law and Order candidate.

Sounds like you're scared of the liberal reactions in the media to "stromtroopers" and how it might affect Trump's re-election chances. I tuned out the media/Democrat party and their faux outrage a long time ago.

Notice the graffiti hasn't been painted over on Portland's Fed building. It is rumored to be left there on purpose. All for photo ops for the Trump PR shit show.
Good. Everyone should see the depravity that Democrats tolerate.

#1 Rule of the Innerwebs..............first moron to bring up Hitler loses.

No, that's never been a rule. The only people who say it is are Nazis who got butthurt about being exposed as Nazis. That's you.

Second, Mr Godwin, the guy who wrote Godwin's law, now says this about people like you.

---
By all means, compare these shitheads to Nazis. Again and again. I'm with you.
— Mike Godwin (@sfmnemonic) August 14, 2017
---

So, the current "rules of the internet" say that Nazis should be exposed as Nazis, and that's what I'm doing. You need to understand that whimpering about how mean I am just lets me see how butthurt you are over it, and tells me I should keep doing whatever it was that caused your meltdown.

Forum List

Back