13 Countries with the least religious freedom

The U.S. Religious freedom Commission recently released a list of the 13 countries with the least amount of religious freedom. The List included all 8 of the nations on the same list last year.

Those on the list include:

* Myanmar (Burma)
* China
* Eritrea
* Iran
* North Korea
* Saudi Arabia
* Sudan
* Uzbekistan
* Iraq
* Nigeria
* Pakistan
* Turkmenistan
* Vietnam

Funny how all of these Nations also have governments who are no friend to America and the American Way way of life. Possibly the most disturbing name on that list is Iraq, after all of the influence we have on that Nation we should think they would be more open to religious freedom, especially after the Saddam regime.
The panel did criticize the current and former administrations in Washington for doing far too little to make basic religious rights universal.

This should give us something to think about as we wonder the actions of our own government as we continue to lose more and more freedom every year. It doesn't really matter where you stand on matters of religion, the freedom of religion is one of the most basic rights. Without this right, no other freedom is truly attainable.

Another clueless Nationalist. SA has been one of our strongest allies for decades. We invaded iraq and changed it from a secular dictatorship to an Islamic Theocracy. Pakistan is an ally. We've been doing business with China for how long? You just announced to the world your ignorance is scary.

The U.S. Religious freedom Commission recently released a list of the 13 countries with the least amount of religious freedom. The List included all 8 of the nations on the same list last year.

* Myanmar (Burma)
* China
* Eritrea
* Iran
* North Korea
* Saudi Arabia
* Sudan
* Uzbekistan
* Iraq
* Nigeria
* Pakistan
* Turkmenistan
* Vietnam

Funny how all of these Nations also have governments who are no friend to America and the American Way way of life. Possibly the most disturbing name on that list is Iraq, after all of the influence we have on that Nation we should think they would be more open to religious freedom, especially after the Saddam regime.
The panel did criticize the current and former administrations in Washington for doing far too little to make basic religious rights universal.

This should give us something to think about as we wonder the actions of our own government as we continue to lose more and more freedom every year. It doesn't really matter where you stand on matters of religion, the freedom of religion is one of the most basic rights. Without this right, no other freedom is truly attainable.

Actually, this should give us something to think about when we start whining about "losing freedoms" we aren't really losing. Go to one of those countries and get a taste what it's really like.

We lose freedoms if we don't defend them.

The idea is to keep from becoming like those countries, not resting on our laurels because we are not like them as of this moment!

So exactly WHAT religious freedoms are we losing?

1. the freedom to teach the CHRISTIAN religion in public schools to EVERYBODIES children

2. the freedom to have America declared (by congress) a CHRISTIAN NATION

3. the freedom to FORCE people to say "MERRY CHRISTMAS" and NOT "happy holidays"

4. the freedom to refuse to hire or rent to atheists, muslims, wiccans...etc...

5. the freedom to hire ONLY christians

6. the freedom to deny NON-christians the right to teach in schools, hold public office or serve in the military

7. the freedom to deny NON-christians the right to vote

8. the freedom to (newt gingrich) "change the laws of the land to reflect our christian religious beliefs and see to it that they can NEVER be changed again"

9. the freedom to preach our beliefs EVERYWHERE

10. the freedom to tell all NON-christians to "shut the hell up"

* Myanmar (Burma)
* China
* Eritrea
* Iran
* North Korea
* Saudi Arabia
* Sudan
* Uzbekistan
* Iraq
* Nigeria
* Pakistan
* Turkmenistan
* Vietnam

Pretty sure we are friends with Iraq, definitely friends with Saudi Arabia. Pakistan we've been trying to be friends with.

3. the freedom to FORCE people to say "MERRY CHRISTMAS" and NOT "happy holidays"

Well those people are launching a dangerous war on Christmas don't you know.

I can only think of a few individuals who actually promote that, and both of them were just random yahoos.

I know it's satire but they haven't lost that right. They can tell people to shut up all they want but the other guys (depending on the situation) have a right to not listen to them.

1. the freedom to teach the CHRISTIAN religion in public schools to EVERYBODIES children

6. the freedom to deny NON-christians the right to teach in schools, hold public office or serve in the military

8. the freedom to (newt gingrich) "change the laws of the land to reflect our christian religious beliefs and see to it that they can NEVER be changed again"

it's difficult to comment on this list without knowing whether you are seriously dismayed by the erosion of christian democracy or if you are being sarcastic.

i'm hoping for the former --- i'm always fascinated by people who believe that kind of stuff.

Ah.....I see what you mean. We're losing the freedom to be a Theocracy.

Damn it - now I'm mad! :evil: I want my freedoms!

"Freedom of religion" is just a stupid catch-phrase and a sham and used by the most religiously oppressive societies.

America is the most religiously oppressive society in all human history. That is because it does not offer freedom from religion, which is the only legitimate form of freedom that relates to religion.

"Freedom of religion" is just a stupid catch-phrase and a sham and used by the most religiously oppressive societies.

America is the most religiously oppressive society in all human history. That is because it does not offer freedom from religion, which is the only legitimate form of freedom that relates to religion.

Not.
Even.
Close.

More religiously oppressive societies still exist today, just at look at some of the Muslim theocracies in the Middle East.

We're not perfect ourselves but to say we're the worst of all time is just flat out wrong.

Yep we are just the country that created the notion of seperation of Church and State! But nope we are repressive.

You do realize the 1st amendment provides of religion and the exercise thereof. To deny people the right to practice their religion is OPPRESSION.

Note: There have been recent societies societies based on atheism allowing freedom from religion, Stalin's USSR, Pol Pot's Cambodia, Mao's China and YES Hitlers Nazi Germany!

Last edited:
Oh and you got a source for the Newt Gingrich quote? I can't find it through google.

Yeah because death for breaking religious laws is much nicer than some social punishment where your neighbors dont talk to you becuase you go to the wrong church.

Incorrect. You are wrong, and just stating I am wrong is not going to cut it.

1. christianity is the most addictive and toxic of all religions by a country mile.

That's because they have wine instead of koolaide :eusa_angel:

2. muslim citizen-slaves KNOW they are oppressed victims of society in terms of greater number and clarity.

Dude...they may have the numbers but don't have nunzilla! How can they be more oppressed then the poor schmucks that have to face this every day?

nun.jpg

I guess you proved very quickly that you are a wackjob! Thanks, I will know to take anything you say with a grain of SALT!!!

You do realize that if you have total freedom from religion, then you can't have freedom OF RELIGION. Guess what brother, I'm an atheist, the idea of god seems so illogical to me that I can't support it. However, I without a doubt don't want atheist ideals thrusted down Christians throats. And I for one am glad there are a lot of god fearing people out there. When one doesn't fear the law (meaning the government like the Soviets) and they don't fear god (again like the Soviets), then all means of inhumanity are left on the plate.

Yep we are just the country that created the notion of seperation of Church and State! But nope we are repressive.

No, you are in the country that lied the most that it has freedom from religion, and it does not. There is no separation of church and state, only a constructed illusion of same.

You do realize the 1st amendment provides of religion and the exercise thereof. To deny people the right to practice their religion is OPPRESSION.

That in no way effects the Truth that religion itself is a toxic plague and profoundly insane. I never made comment on denying people practice of their religion either way. To presume that a statements opposite is opposed because the statement is agreed, or vica versa, is logically fallacious and wrong.

No, the first amendment gives you nothing but the guarantee that religion will be stuffed down your throat, even as a young child. america CLAIMS that it gives freedom FROM religion, but it does not.

Note: There have been recent societies societies based on atheism allowing freedom from religion, Stalin's USSR, Pol Pot's Cambodia, Mao's China and YES Hitlers Nazi Germany!
These societies have shown some dislike of the church due mainly to its influence. Stalin did attack the church itself, but this does not mean he allowed freedom from religion. Freedom is in the mind of the beholder. America cannot legitimately claim to do anything but reject freedom and freedom from religion.

These countries are simply demonstrating that they are less malevolent, lie-based and deranged than america. That is it.

However, since I clearly stated that america does not offer freedom from religion, thats rather a moot point.

I guess you proved very quickly that you are a wackjob! Thanks, I will know to take anything you say with a grain of SALT!!!

You do realize that if you have total freedom from religion, then you can't have freedom OF RELIGION. Guess what brother, I'm an atheist, the idea of god seems so illogical to me that I can't support it. However, I without a doubt don't want atheist ideals thrusted down Christians throats. And I for one am glad there are a lot of god fearing people out there. When one doesn't fear the law (meaning the government like the Soviets) and they don't fear god (again like the Soviets), then all means of inhumanity are left on the plate.

No, you are in the country that lied the most that it has freedom from religion, and it does not. There is no separation of church and state, only a constructed illusion of same.

That in no way effects the Truth that religion itself is a toxic plague and profoundly insane. I never made comment on denying people practice of their religion either way. To presume that a statements opposite is opposed because the statement is agreed, or vica versa, is logically fallacious and wrong.

No, the first amendment gives you nothing but the guarantee that religion will be stuffed down your throat, even as a young child. america CLAIMS that it gives freedom FROM religion, but it does not.

These societies have shown some dislike of the church due mainly to its influence. Stalin did attack the church itself, but this does not mean he allowed freedom from religion. Freedom is in the mind of the beholder. America cannot legitimately claim to do anything but reject freedom and freedom from religion.

These countries are simply demonstrating that they are less malevolent, lie-based and deranged than america. That is it.

However, since I clearly stated that america does not offer freedom from religion, thats rather a moot point.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I'm not an atheist, I'm more of an agnostic but I'm sure glad there are many hard core Christians in this country.

That would be because the only way to offer YOU "freedom from religion" is to remove everyone ELSE'S freedoms and oppress them. And frankly, I don't think anyone likes you enough to want to set up an entire society just to benefit you.

Not.
Even.
Close.

More religiously oppressive societies still exist today, just at look at some of the Muslim theocracies in the Middle East.

We're not perfect ourselves but to say we're the worst of all time is just flat out wrong.

Incorrect. You are wrong, and just stating I am wrong is not going to cut it.

1. christianity is the most addictive and toxic of all religions by a country mile.

Yeah? Prove it.

2. muslim citizen-slaves KNOW they are oppressed victims of society in terms of greater number and clarity.

So a society is LESS oppressive if it's so damned obvious that people live with the knowledge in the front of their minds 24/7? Or is it that our society is more oppressive because most people stubbornly refuse to think like you and be all butt-chapped that others DARE to disagree openly with you? I'm a bit confused on how this one works.

3. american is an utterly religious and fascist dictatorship, so much so that even your supreme leader cannot make a speech without mentioning the god delusion, and your currency carries an insane and delusional message.

Ohmigod! Politicians freely choose to pander to the majority, and the money has a slogan on it! That DEFINITELY trumps slaughtering people in job lots for having non-approved beliefs. :slap:

4. american citizen-slaves are so oppressed and conditioned they dont even know they are.

Okay, so you ARE saying that disagreeing with you is a sign of oppression, as opposed to a sign of . . . oh, I don't know, thinking you're an insane assmunch?

Of course, wouldn't requiring everyone to piss and moan like you do ALSO be oppressive?

5. Punishment and physical co-ertion are nothing compared with the moral and societal pressures and psychological tactics and brainwashing deployed by america.

Oh, absolutely. Being stoned, shot, tortured to death, etc. is small potatoes compared to the possibility that someone somewhere might not think I'm a nice person.

America has no separation between church and state. The religious doctrine pf america is just a tool of social control - and that is all it was ever designed to be. Amazingly all your leaders have to do is lie and pretend you have freedom and separation of church and state...and they will get away with this because most humans want to believe it and lack philosophical insight.

What is this "religious doctrine of America"? Would that be the Catholics, the Mormons, the Muslims, the Buddhists, all of which - and more - are freely practiced in this country? Which one, precisely, is the officially sanctioned religious doctrine to which you're being forced to ascribe? Exactly which church is your ignorant ass being frogmarched to at gunpoint? :cuckoo:

No, I already have obtained Mental Freedom and thus enjoy total freedom from religion right through My very True Reality core.

Mental Freedom....is that what you call it when you put on your tinfoil hat?

* Myanmar (Burma)
* China
* Eritrea
* Iran
* North Korea
* Saudi Arabia
* Sudan
* Uzbekistan
* Iraq
* Nigeria
* Pakistan
* Turkmenistan
* Vietnam

Actually, this should give us something to think about when we start whining about "losing freedoms" we aren't really losing. Go to one of those countries and get a taste what it's really like.

No need to. Obama and his czars are moving the USA towards these nations' level of religious restrictiveness.

* Myanmar (Burma)
* China
* Eritrea
* Iran
* North Korea
* Saudi Arabia
* Sudan
* Uzbekistan
* Iraq
* Nigeria
* Pakistan
* Turkmenistan
* Vietnam

Nigeria is our enemy?

I had no clue...

Forum List

Back