12% of managers say they've fired a Gen Z employee in their first week of work — and being too easily offended is often to blame, new survey finds

So you are telling us that kids are troublesome but between 84% and 88% of managers did not have to sack these youngsters in their first few weeks of employment .
Any more useless trivia ?
That's a lot of sacks within a month if 1 of 12 new managers are getting rid of people in a tight labor market.

But... every generation produces troublesome workers.

They call out bullying and toxic work environments! FIRE THEM!

Like any movement pushed by the left, they took a good, needed thing and then went overboard making everyone scared of even talking to each other in case someone said something slightly off color.

The problem was they went from something "a reasonable person" could consider bullying or harassment to taking the most sensitive person possible and letting them set the standard.

And then the lawyers got involved, and then people found out they could make $$ creating programs for training, using the "miniscule level of butthurt" standard instead of the reasonable person standard, and this is why you have the current corporate climate today, and the current situation in schools.

Like any movement pushed by the left, they took a good, needed thing and then went overboard making everyone scared of even talking to each other in case someone said something slightly off color.

The problem was they went from something "a reasonable person" could consider bullying or harassment to taking the most sensitive person possible and letting them set the standard.

And then the lawyers got involved, and then people found out they could make $$ creating programs for training, using the "miniscule level of butthurt" standard instead of the reasonable person standard, and this is why you have the current corporate climate today, and the current situation in schools.

Then those who have REALLY been abused, physically or otherwise, are pushed down the line so that someone complaining about the wrong pronoun being used can get the spotlight.

It seems almost intentional as a way to REGRESS civil liberties and accountability for real abuse.

They will be in for a shock, but it is a new generation. Far more committed to the laid back lifestyle than generations prior (at least for now).https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/career/12percent-of-managers-say-theyve-fired-a-gen-z-employee-in-their-first-week-of-work-%e2%80%94-and-being-too-easily-offended-is-often-to-blame-new-survey-finds/ar-AA1a3ZeF?ocid=mailsignout&li=AAggFp5.
  • Nearly 75% of managers in a recent survey said Gen Z is more difficult to work with than other generations.
  • About 12% and 16% of that group said they have fired a Gen Zer in their first week or month of work, respectively.
  • Many said they would rather work with Millennials or Gen X employees because they feel they're more productive
I read a story not too long ago written by a Gen Z person who was going off on parents everywhere for giving their Gen Z children advice on navigating the workplace and trying to instill good work values in them. She was such a bitch who thought everything should be just given to workers and that workers should make constant demands on their employers and that they shouldn't have to work for promotions, raises, etc. She went on and on and I just had to laugh. No doubt she was one of the fired ones.

Different people are motivated by different things. I agree that "hunger" is a motivator, but hunger can mean different things to different people. Some people just want to stay barely fed; others want obscene fame and fortune. Most are somewhere in between and are motivated by all kinds of different things. Most people usually like to be mentioned when they do something right. Most people don't like to be singled out for doing something wrong, but everyone needs constructive criticism and to be able to roll with it.

I like an old quote from Vince Lombardi (and I'm paraphrasing). Some men need a pat on the back. Some need a kick in the ass. As a leader, you find out what your individuals respond to and adapt your management accordingly. If they can't respond to neither, then you kick them off the team. There's a reason that guy's name is on that trophy.
Lombardi might be the best coach in sports history. As a kid I was a consumer of biography books, large books well above my reading level and school librarian would sometimes laugh. I focused mainly on sports since it was my interest. I most remember in the Lombardi book him telling the Packers that there will be no favourites at camp, everyone had to work hard and earn aspot on the team regardless of status or contract. The vets laughed "sure pal" they thought. Many of them were subsequently cut or traded. Vince was loyal to his meritocracy and his results speak for themselves.

They will be in for a shock, but it is a new generation. Far more committed to the laid back lifestyle than generations prior (at least for now).https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/career/12percent-of-managers-say-theyve-fired-a-gen-z-employee-in-their-first-week-of-work-%e2%80%94-and-being-too-easily-offended-is-often-to-blame-new-survey-finds/ar-AA1a3ZeF?ocid=mailsignout&li=AAggFp5.
  • Nearly 75% of managers in a recent survey said Gen Z is more difficult to work with than other generations.
  • About 12% and 16% of that group said they have fired a Gen Zer in their first week or month of work, respectively.
  • Many said they would rather work with Millennials or Gen X employees because they feel they're more productive
Just saw this article today: Thought everyone would be interested in.

Touchy feely does not belong at top of list nor even be on the list.
Bad for America for these cream puffs to demand others accept their malady and join into it via compliance

I hired a young man in my grooming shop. He was to clean cages and mop floors, sometimes help the bather. He seemed willing to do the work but when he showed up his first day he was wearing a suit and tie. He thought it over and decided he was more suited for front office. He was fired his first day.

Cool story, bro......

Forum List

Back