$1.9Trn bill was a Biden disaster

Can’t print money forever and now we will get hit with massive inflation. As I said before it would have been smarter to give the full $1.9trn to Americans vs just $422bn and have the rest be bullshit.

Get ready for banks to hold back credit and for a massive recession.

Thanks you Transocrats

Why not? It worked for Donald Trump. $1.9 trillion is the exact amount of the tax cut that Dumb Donald gave to billionaires and large corporations, all of whom have been awash in cash since W was President. You don't seem to have had a problem with "printing money" for that give away.

Conservatives have a real problem with giving money to working people, and yet that is what governments in the top ranked first world countries do. The wealthy still get more than the rest of us, but the working class gets a lot of income supports, starting with universal health care, and a child tax benefit of up to $500 per month, per child to help cover child care costs.

If you're out of work, you can get training grants, and income support to retrain. If you start a business, you can get participate in programs to give you income support and management training in your first year.

We have geared to income housing for seniors, and a guaranteed income of $19,000 per year for retirees. For families with income of less than $35,000 per year, we have child tax credits of $500 per month per child, which reduces on a sliding scale and disappears completely when your income reaches $70,000 per family. Similar to the child tax benefit that Biden just passed into law.

Norway has FREE education, right up to and including the University level. All Canadian universities are government funded. We invest in our PEOPLE, not our corporations. We invest in education and infrastructure - BIGLY. When the Republicans took over in 1980, they stopped investing or even maintaining infrastructure.

The USA is now missing out on international investment in manufacturing because your workforce is so poorly educated, that millions of high skill jobs are going unfilled, but you're not offering retraining to your workers to fill those jobs. The workers have to train themselves. Not very bright of you.

You middle class is shrinking. More people are falling back into poverty than are rising into wealth. A successful economy is dependant on a thriving and growing middle class. Your middle class is neither, and your tax code and labour code does nothing for the working poor.
So you're disagreeing with MarketWatch. What specifically are you disagreeing with in the article please?

LOL Dems never cut spending. They just raise taxes.

You sure like to lie to yourself.

Clinton did
Obama did
Links please

Clinton actually balanced the budget.
Obama had a ten percent sequester on all Government agencies
That is correct. But he also had the .com boom! Once in a lifetime transformative event. If you recall then many .coms failed and they then created a policy with Greenspan that everyone may own home...short term gain but long term pain.
Clinton also constrained spending and passed welfare reform.
What does that do to the claim that Democrats NEVER cut spending?
Many here, including myself applauded Clinton working with Republicans to cut the welfare roles.
I don't remember you complaining when Obama tossed all that aside and increased the roles again?

I am responding to claims of Democrats NEVER cutting spending.

I pointed out where both Clinton and Obama cut spending

Well Clinton and Newt balanced the budget. Something that hadn't been done in a long time.

Obama?? Don't make me laugh.

Jimmy Carter (another Democrat) balanced the budget.
Obama, in the midst of the worst recession in 70 years, cut the deficit by two thirds.

Now, let’s discuss Trump
Presiding over an economy that he claimed to be the best in history, he raised the deficit to well over a trillion dollars.

How do you defend that?
The Muslim in Chief added billions to it before he cut any of it back and still came out way higher than when he took over.
Sorry racist
Ain’t playing
Truth never does with the looneybin left
Ain’t playing
Find another sucker
9 trillion looneybins

Not much complaint about the cost of the military, We do need a strong military, you remain mute on The American lives lost on badly executed wars. you complain about the budget yet not a word about the 1.7 TRILLION dollar for failed F 35 fighter jet?

Ha ha ha, I see that my post 175 is completely ignored, it is the main cause of the deficits today, but you people are too busy with partisan based arguments.

The fact is that deficits have occurred under Carter, Reagan, Bush1, Clinton, Bush2, Obama, Trump and now Biden makes all partisan based arguments IRRELEVANT,

POST 175

Clinton did
Obama did
Links please

That is correct. But he also had the .com boom! Once in a lifetime transformative event. If you recall then many .coms failed and they then created a policy with Greenspan that everyone may own home...short term gain but long term pain.
Many here, including myself applauded Clinton working with Republicans to cut the welfare roles.
I don't remember you complaining when Obama tossed all that aside and increased the roles again?

Link please. Still waiting.....
Really?

Are you denying what I posted or just being an asshole?

Can’t print money forever and now we will get hit with massive inflation. As I said before it would have been smarter to give the full $1.9trn to Americans vs just $422bn and have the rest be bullshit.

Thanks you Transocrats
While I agree the bill should have gone more to Americans, I don’t think it will lead to a recession.

Clinton did
Obama did
Links please

HAHAHAHA... Obama cut spending.... hilarious.
Spending cuts don't count if you simply take that money and use it elsewhere...all the while increasing the total spending as well.

Obama cut spending... :lol:
It was a ten percent across the board spending cut
It didn’t balance the budget but it cut the deficit by two thirds
Hahahaaa....

National Debt when Obama took over - $10.6 trillion, when he left... $19.9 trillion.
You don’t understand the difference between the deficit and debt

Get back with me when you do

Can’t print money forever and now we will get hit with massive inflation

Didn‘t see any inflation worries when Crooked Donnie ran up a $3 trillion deficit.

It's not the same thing.

When are you ever going to be able to say something that is both meaningful and truthful.

Show me

Show you what ?

You can't even ask a simple question right.
Show it is not the same

I will wait

Thanks you Transocrats
While I agree the bill should have gone more to Americans, I don’t think it will lead to a recession.
So you disagree with MarketWatch? Thats fine. I agree with them and I seeing signs already via work.

Clinton did
Obama did
Links please

Really?

Don't see the links?

Clinton did
Obama did
Links please

Really?

Don't see the links?
Answer my question before I waste my time on you

The OP makes the mistake of thinking that further financial ruin of America actually matters more than the huge boost in popularity Biden gets from the big gift. At least 70% of Americans are going to think fondly of Biden when they watch the latest violence related movie on their big(ger) screen t.v.!

The future consequences won't have any more negative effects on America's situation than did Trump's gifts to the very wealthy.

And the next sitting president will take the heat for it too.

China operates under a different set of principles in which the party ensures that the country's wealth is distributed to the people. Thus, China has elevated hundreds of thousands of it's people up out of poverty.

Greedy US style capitalism still has it's advantages. Doesn't every American know in their heart that big gifts to the very wealthy are going to trickle down to all Americans if given ample time?

Right?

What has become of Americans' world when China's capitalism, under a communist regime, is paying off much quicker than America's "liberty"??

It could be that it only takes a little more time in America because liberty must be handed down too by the very wealthy?

Biden is a 'commie' because he's shortcircuited the system and trickled it down directly to the people.

Thanks you Transocrats
So you disagree with MarketWatch? Thats fine. I agree with them and I seeing signs already via work.
I don’t see where they claim it will lead to a recession.

The OP makes the mistake of thinking that further financial ruin of America actually matters more than the huge boost in popularity Biden gets from the big gift. At least 70% of Americans are going to think fondly of Biden when they watch the latest violence related movie on their big(ger) screen t.v.!

The future consequences won't have any more negative effects on America's situation than did Trump's gifts to the very wealthy.

And the next sitting president will take the heat for it too.

China operates under a different set of principles in which the party ensures that the country's wealth is distributed to the people. Thus, China has elevated hundreds of thousands of it's people up out of poverty.

Greedy US style capitalism still has it's advantages. Doesn't every American know in their heart that big gifts to the very wealthy are going to trickle down to all Americans if given ample time?

Right?

What has become of Americans' world when China's capitalism, under a communist regime, is paying off much quicker than America's "liberty"??

It could be that it only takes a little more time in America because liberty must be handed down too by the very wealthy?

Biden is a 'commie' because he's shortcircuited the system and trickled it down directly to the people.

Sure they will. Most Americans like getting their own money back.

His mess at the border and what's in the 1.9 trillion dollar bill sure won't please anyone. I doubt voters will like our money going to repair ruined Union pension funds in blue states and cities. Not to mention the rest of the pork in that bill.

Having thousand of illegals, many with the Chinese virus, won't please the voters as most want all illegals out of our country as they cost us billions each year.

So enjoy your post for as long as it lasts. LOL

Clinton did
Obama did
Links please

Really?

Don't see the links?
Answer my question before I waste my time on you
I am denying what you posted. I think you're full malarkey.

Thanks you Transocrats

They don't say "recession" but all the the signs point to it from the article.

As the economy recovers, inflationary pressures will increase. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen and Fed Chairman Jerome Powell assure us the Fed has the tools to hold price increases to a brief surge but inflation has a history of being tough to control once it gets going.

More borrowing will risk even higher interest rates or more inflation, and the president may wish he had back some of that $1.9 trillion in the ARA for those purposes. Like a young man who squandered his inheritance on high living, he will stew in his regrets when he sees the bill for creating a sustainable, prosperous future.

Sure they will. Most Americans like getting their own money back.

Of course they do.

His mess at the border and what's in the 1.9 trillion dollar bill sure won't please anyone. I doubt voters will like our money going to repair ruined Union pension funds in blue states and cities. Not to mention the rest of the pork in that bill.

You just contradicted yourself, with back to back claims!
That's pretty Trumpy of you!

Having thousand of illegals, many with the Chinese virus, won't please the voters as most want all illegals out of our country as they cost us billions each year.

The virus in China can be called the 'Chinese' virus and it killed 5000 of their people. They can't call it a pandemic because in China it lacks the scale of a pandemic there.

So enjoy your post for as long as it lasts. LOL

What on earth could that mean?
Wait until your brain isn't so full and then maybe try to explain.

Thanks you Transocrats

They don't say "recession" but all the the signs point to it from the article.

As the economy recovers, inflationary pressures will increase. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen and Fed Chairman Jerome Powell assure us the Fed has the tools to hold price increases to a brief surge but inflation has a history of being tough to control once it gets going.

More borrowing will risk even higher interest rates or more inflation, and the president may wish he had back some of that $1.9 trillion in the ARA for those purposes. Like a young man who squandered his inheritance on high living, he will stew in his regrets when he sees the bill for creating a sustainable, prosperous future.
Inflation doesn’t lead to recession, though high interest rates could. I think marketwatch doesn’t mention recession because it is unlikely.

Forum List

Back