$1.9Trn bill was a Biden disaster

They don't say "recession" but all the the signs point to it from the article.

As the economy recovers, inflationary pressures will increase. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen and Fed Chairman Jerome Powell assure us the Fed has the tools to hold price increases to a brief surge but inflation has a history of being tough to control once it gets going.

More borrowing will risk even higher interest rates or more inflation, and the president may wish he had back some of that $1.9 trillion in the ARA for those purposes. Like a young man who squandered his inheritance on high living, he will stew in his regrets when he sees the bill for creating a sustainable, prosperous future.

[/QUOTE]
Azog, it's a mess and will contribute to becoming a financial disaster.
But you need to understand that it's paying huge political dividends to Biden and his party.

Surely you didn't intend to start a thread that would make an absolute fool of yourself! Shirley?

You Trumpers are so bent out of shape due to the stolen election that you're going off like cheap Chinese fireworks!

Can’t print money forever and now we will get hit with massive inflation. As I said before it would have been smarter to give the full $1.9trn to Americans vs just $422bn and have the rest be bullshit.

Get ready for banks to hold back credit and for a massive recession.

Thanks you Transocrats
While I agree the bill should have gone more to Americans, I don’t think it will lead to a recession.
So you disagree with MarketWatch? Thats fine. I agree with them and I seeing signs already via work.
I don’t see where they claim it will lead to a recession.

As the economy recovers, inflationary pressures will increase. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen and Fed Chairman Jerome Powell assure us the Fed has the tools to hold price increases to a brief surge but inflation has a history of being tough to control once it gets going.

More borrowing will risk even higher interest rates or more inflation, and the president may wish he had back some of that $1.9 trillion in the ARA for those purposes. Like a young man who squandered his inheritance on high living, he will stew in his regrets when he sees the bill for creating a sustainable, prosperous future.
Inflation doesn’t lead to recession, though high interest rates could. I think marketwatch doesn’t mention recession because it is unlikely.
We'll see. Deal?

Both Azog and Claudette have created their own trainwrecks with their fury over the election that was stolen from Trump.

Azog, it's a mess and will contribute to becoming a financial disaster.
But you need to understand that it's paying huge political dividends to Biden and his party.

Surely you didn't intend to start a thread that would make an absolute fool of yourself! Shirley?

You Trumpers are so bent out of shape due to the stolen election that you're going off like cheap Chinese fireworks!
[/QUOTE]
Are you hitting on me? Find one post where I said the election was stolen. Thanks. I criticized Trump over his lack of budget balance as well.

At least Biden is getting US vaccinated & back to work, play & life! Trump caused the
"LARGEST DEFICITS IN HISTORY"
You are badly misinformed. CCP Joe has done nothing. Every last covid-19 effort was put in place and implemented by the last POTUS. This charlatan cannot even walk unassisted. That is why he has Kameltoe as his personal assistant. Also why she wants people to think she is Asian now.

Are you hitting on me?

Every time any stupid American provides the opportunity. This one was a peach and you should try to get yourself out of it before more people destroy you over your ignorance.

It's paying huge dividends to Biden and his party and it will do so for a couple of years on a declining basis.

Then, the next president can deal with the consequences by eliminating the negative effect on the economy by gaining it back in taxation.

Who gets to pay that tax bill? When your brain isn't so full you might want to consier answering that question!

Trumpism is only skin deep Azog, pure ignorance and stupidity goes clear to the bone!

LOL Dems never cut spending. They just raise taxes.

Everyone outside of government has to cut back and spend less during recessions. Government goes right on spending no matter, disconnected from the economy that pays for their shit. The jack up taxes during the good times, then refuse to cut back during the bad times.

Did you know that during the peak of the 2008-2010 recession unemployment, in state and local government employee unions unemployment was unchanged at 3.8%.

Government is SUPPOSED to spend during recessions and cut back during boom times. Trump went on a spending spree during the time he was supposed to cut spending, and gave all of that spending as tax cuts to billionaires - increasing the gap between rich and poor at the fastest rate in American history.

You don't cut taxes while running a deficit in an economic boom. Trump's "greatest economy in history" was fuelled by deficit spending - all of which went as tax cuts to billionaires.

Republicans cut and slashed at Obama's stimulus to make it fail. Biden refused to let them do the same to his stimulus. This is where Biden is the ONLY person in the USA to have had experience in restarting a crashed economy is paying off. Yes, he's spending a lot, but much of this spending would not have been necessary if Trump hadn't let 30 million Americans get sick, and half a million Americans die.

Republicans blow up the budget to pay for military and "defense".

Can’t print money forever and now we will get hit with massive inflation. As I said before it would have been smarter to give the full $1.9trn to Americans vs just $422bn and have the rest be bullshit.

Thanks you Transocrats

Why not? It worked for Donald Trump. $1.9 trillion is the exact amount of the tax cut that Dumb Donald gave to billionaires and large corporations, all of whom have been awash in cash since W was President. You don't seem to have had a problem with "printing money" for that give away.

Conservatives have a real problem with giving money to working people, and yet that is what governments in the top ranked first world countries do. The wealthy still get more than the rest of us, but the working class gets a lot of income supports, starting with universal health care, and a child tax benefit of up to $500 per month, per child to help cover child care costs.

If you're out of work, you can get training grants, and income support to retrain. If you start a business, you can get participate in programs to give you income support and management training in your first year.

We have geared to income housing for seniors, and a guaranteed income of $19,000 per year for retirees. For families with income of less than $35,000 per year, we have child tax credits of $500 per month per child, which reduces on a sliding scale and disappears completely when your income reaches $70,000 per family. Similar to the child tax benefit that Biden just passed into law.

Norway has FREE education, right up to and including the University level. All Canadian universities are government funded. We invest in our PEOPLE, not our corporations. We invest in education and infrastructure - BIGLY. When the Republicans took over in 1980, they stopped investing or even maintaining infrastructure.

The USA is now missing out on international investment in manufacturing because your workforce is so poorly educated, that millions of high skill jobs are going unfilled, but you're not offering retraining to your workers to fill those jobs. The workers have to train themselves. Not very bright of you.

You middle class is shrinking. More people are falling back into poverty than are rising into wealth. A successful economy is dependant on a thriving and growing middle class. Your middle class is neither, and your tax code and labour code does nothing for the working poor.
So you're disagreeing with MarketWatch. What specifically are you disagreeing with in the article please?

That it's too much money or that it goes to those who don't need it. I believe both notions are completely false. Your government has been functioning on these ideas since 1980 and it's put you in the position you're in today. A dog eat dog economy destroys itself.

I gave my reasons in my previous post. It is time for the American government to invest in its people, instead of bailing out corporations, or giving tax cuts to the wealthy.

Since Republican fiscal and labour policies have been in force, the USA has been reduced to a second tier nation.

Everyone outside of government has to cut back and spend less during recessions. Government goes right on spending no matter, disconnected from the economy that pays for their shit. The jack up taxes during the good times, then refuse to cut back during the bad times.

Did you know that during the peak of the 2008-2010 recession unemployment, in state and local government employee unions unemployment was unchanged at 3.8%.

Government is SUPPOSED to spend during recessions and cut back during boom times. Trump went on a spending spree during the time he was supposed to cut spending, and gave all of that spending as tax cuts to billionaires - increasing the gap between rich and poor at the fastest rate in American history.

You don't cut taxes while running a deficit in an economic boom. Trump's "greatest economy in history" was fuelled by deficit spending - all of which went as tax cuts to billionaires.

Republicans cut and slashed at Obama's stimulus to make it fail. Biden refused to let them do the same to his stimulus. This is where Biden is the ONLY person in the USA to have had experience in restarting a crashed economy is paying off. Yes, he's spending a lot, but much of this spending would not have been necessary if Trump hadn't let 30 million Americans get sick, and half a million Americans die.

Thanks you Transocrats

Why not? It worked for Donald Trump. $1.9 trillion is the exact amount of the tax cut that Dumb Donald gave to billionaires and large corporations, all of whom have been awash in cash since W was President. You don't seem to have had a problem with "printing money" for that give away.

Conservatives have a real problem with giving money to working people, and yet that is what governments in the top ranked first world countries do. The wealthy still get more than the rest of us, but the working class gets a lot of income supports, starting with universal health care, and a child tax benefit of up to $500 per month, per child to help cover child care costs.

If you're out of work, you can get training grants, and income support to retrain. If you start a business, you can get participate in programs to give you income support and management training in your first year.

We have geared to income housing for seniors, and a guaranteed income of $19,000 per year for retirees. For families with income of less than $35,000 per year, we have child tax credits of $500 per month per child, which reduces on a sliding scale and disappears completely when your income reaches $70,000 per family. Similar to the child tax benefit that Biden just passed into law.

Norway has FREE education, right up to and including the University level. All Canadian universities are government funded. We invest in our PEOPLE, not our corporations. We invest in education and infrastructure - BIGLY. When the Republicans took over in 1980, they stopped investing or even maintaining infrastructure.

The USA is now missing out on international investment in manufacturing because your workforce is so poorly educated, that millions of high skill jobs are going unfilled, but you're not offering retraining to your workers to fill those jobs. The workers have to train themselves. Not very bright of you.

You middle class is shrinking. More people are falling back into poverty than are rising into wealth. A successful economy is dependant on a thriving and growing middle class. Your middle class is neither, and your tax code and labour code does nothing for the working poor.
So you're disagreeing with MarketWatch. What specifically are you disagreeing with in the article please?

That it's too much money or that it goes to those who don't need it. I believe both notions are completely false. Your government has been functioning on these ideas since 1980 and it's put you in the position you're in today. A dog eat dog economy destroys itself.

I gave my reasons in my previous post. It is time for the American government to invest in its people, instead of bailing out corporations, or giving tax cuts to the wealthy.

Since Republican fiscal and labour policies have been in force, the USA has been reduced to a second tier nation.
Deficits increase with repub presidents and decrease with dems. Has been that way for 30 years. It’s a fact.

Thanks you Transocrats

Deficits increase with repub presidents and decrease with dems. Has been that way for 30 years. It’s a fact.
Let's see what happens here. Looks like Biden is about to break that cycle.

Thanks you Transocrats

I expect they will decrease after this year . The trump mess will be lessened.

Thanks you Transocrats

I disagree. Biden will keep spending. Green New Deal....$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Thanks you Transocrats

The same was said about Obama, then deficits decreased. You will lose this one.

Thanks you Transocrats

I hope so....

Thanks you Transocrats

I hope so....
Biden once wanted to freeze government spending. He’s not all that liberal. But we will see

I agree and from what I've been reading they are working on a 3 Trillion dollar bill right now. Add that to the deficit.

The Infrastructure bill can be funded through increases in taxes and fees

Oh and just how far do you think those taxes and fees will take that bill??

Get ready for everyone to pay higher taxes. Oh and its not just infrastructure. Its another bill laden with pork.

Well....which is it Republicans?

We haven’t had a major infrastructure initiative in 40 years

If we try to pay for it by adding to the Deficit, Republicans scream.......DEBT :ack-1:

If we try to pay for it by increasing taxes and fees, Republicans scream.......TAXES :surprised1:
/—-/ Because they lie to us. The money will be squandered on pork projects to get them re-elected. Remember Obozo and his “shovel ready jobs” lie? That money went to fund union pensions.

I agree and from what I've been reading they are working on a 3 Trillion dollar bill right now. Add that to the deficit.

The Infrastructure bill can be funded through increases in taxes and fees

Oh and just how far do you think those taxes and fees will take that bill??

Get ready for everyone to pay higher taxes. Oh and its not just infrastructure. Its another bill laden with pork.

Well....which is it Republicans?

We haven’t had a major infrastructure initiative in 40 years

If we try to pay for it by adding to the Deficit, Republicans scream.......DEBT :ack-1:

If we try to pay for it by increasing taxes and fees, Republicans scream.......TAXES :surprised1:
/—-/ Because they lie to us. The money will be squandered on pork projects to get them re-elected. Remember Obozo and his “shovel ready jobs” lie? That money went to fund union pensions.
Do you know what shovel ready meant?
There was no lie

The only pork was in red states that used the money to balance their budgets

You post that the bill is a 1.9 trillion disaster before its barely even rolled out. Yet remain silent or supported the 1.7 trillion failed F35 fighter plane. So its really about political party over The best use of our money.

Forum List

Back