Zelensky cancels Ukraine elections

Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, and Afghanistan also cancelled elections during war.
Is Israel tin-pot?

Edit.. I removed Iran
Lebanon is a total chaos since 40+ years, Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan are democratic?

And Israel is Israel - they do as they please and can always rely onto US support - just like present Ukraine, no matter if right or wrong.

Formally, Zelensky is right. Presidential, parliamentary and local elections are forbidden at the time of martial law. The postponed elections must be held in 90 days term after the martial law is lifted.

You can't have an election in the middle of a war like this. The population is displaced, cities are destroyed, and oh btw people are kind of busy right now trying to save the country...

So, people that are benefitting from not having to face an election where they might lose their position.
I understand what you mean. But it also should be admitted that in the current situation - when literally millions are displaced, there are active fighting in some regions - any elections don't have sense.

Next parliamentary elections are scheduled on October 2023, presidential ones on March 2024. The odds are high that the both of them will be postponed.

But I also agree that the martial law shouldn't be a reason to postpone them for eternity. The both elections, in my opinion, should be held in the second half of 2024.

Remember how the corrupt prostitutes of the European court condemned Russian President Putin for "kidnapping" children from the war zone? Here is the news from their democratic and heavenly Ukraine:
But I think this is a lie; in fact, this child was destined to be given to a happy family of perverted pedophiles.
Ukraine aspires to the West. And is going downhill with it.

Ukrainian MP Oksana Dmitriyeva, a former dentist from Dnipropetrovsk, a member of Zelensky's "Servant of the People" faction, has found herself in the traditional "watch scandal", when a photo of her with a $11,111 watch was posted online.
For a person from Zelensky's team this is not money at all.
FzzskTPWAAMQgxC

The Babylon Bee-.

There we go.

:04:

In Show Of Solidarity With Ukraine, Biden Cancels 2024 U.S. Elections

MwM9i8g.jpg

Forum List

Back