Zelensky cancels Ukraine elections

Well, in Zelensky's defense, the Ukranian constitution apparently specifies that elections can't be held while martial law is in effect. Currently I believe he has declared martial law in effect until August and no doubt will extend it. But given the possibility that he could be voted out, and if he is being monetarily rewarded as lavishly as some suggest he is, that could be a hell of a good reason to keep martial law in effect indefinitely?

Disclaimer: I am not saying that is the case. But just based on post on social media and message boards, one has to consider that as a possibility.
Putin is still raining missiles down on Ukranian cities by the dozens and dozens. They are in the middle of a deadly shooting war.

Putin is still raining missiles down on Ukranian cities by the dozens and dozens. They are in the middle of a deadly shooting war.
I understand that. And the Ukraine is now in a major counter offensive effort.

Doesn't change my post in the least.

Even your link says that it was postponed. It's also a little bit of difference in trying to establish a new country where there's no Constitution and a provisional government, and Ukraine, which has both a constitution and a government assembly for a minute.

Even your link says that it was postponed. It's also a little bit of difference in trying to establish a new country where there's no Constitution and a provisional government, and Ukraine, which has both a constitution and a government assembly for a minute.
Man, you are fn dense.

Forum List

Back