Z Nation vs Walking Dead

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
TWD has the budget, writers budget, better actors and A level feel to it, but TWD has moved well away from a zombie show to something quite different. The zombies are secondary and are really not much of a part of the storyline. They are very much not dangerous and little threat.

I have recently started watching Z Nation. Why it is on the Syfi shoestring budget, very much has the B level horror movie feel, the acting is subpar and the story writing isn't the best. Nevertheless, the show revolves around the zombie threat. The zombies are deadly and a clear threat, the people threat is well secondary. Maybe this show is just new to me, but I prefer it over the overtly repetitive and boring TWD!

Oh how the walking dead has fallen!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

TWD has the budget, writers budget, better actors and A level feel to it, but TWD has moved well away from a zombie show to something quite different. The zombies are secondary and are really not much of a part of the storyline. They are very much not dangerous and little threat.

I have recently started watching Z Nation. Why it is on the Syfi shoestring budget, very much has the B level horror movie feel, the acting is subpar and the story writing isn't the best. Nevertheless, the show revolves around the zombie threat. The zombies are deadly and a clear threat, the people threat is well secondary. Maybe this show is just new to me, but I prefer it over the overtly repetitive and boring TWD!

I didn't even bother finishing the first episode of Z Nation. I probably didn't watch more than 10-15 minutes. It was horrible. It doesn't matter what the focus of the show is on if the writing is crap.

Yes, TWD has moved away from zombies as the major threat. I don't mind that at all. The zombies are only a threat in the right circumstances; they are slow, they are stupid, they are pretty easily dispatched when alone. The zombies also don't make a great villain, as they have no real character. You can use them for a while, but there needs to be other antagonists or the story would lose all drama.

TWD has its issues, including following a similar formula for each season's story, but it is on an entirely different level than a trash show like Z Nation. :)

I didn't even bother finishing the first episode of Z Nation. I probably didn't watch more than 10-15 minutes. It was horrible. It doesn't matter what the focus of the show is on if the writing is crap.

Yes, TWD has moved away from zombies as the major threat. I don't mind that at all. The zombies are only a threat in the right circumstances; they are slow, they are stupid, they are pretty easily dispatched when alone. The zombies also don't make a great villain, as they have no real character. You can use them for a while, but there needs to be other antagonists or the story would lose all drama.

TWD has its issues, including following a similar formula for each season's story, but it is on an entirely different level than a trash show like Z Nation. :)

Z Nation has the B level feel to it and it starts out pretty weak. It gets better in my opinion.

Forum List

Back