Yup - Libs are right, War's going Horrible! :P

Merlin1047 said:
...they still feel that they are more qualified to pronounce our efforts a failure ...

You've just keyed in on the problem, my magical friend...they WANT Iraq to fail so badly, they hope by repeating the mantra it'll end up that way.

-Cp said:
Nice way to dodge the questions....

Exactly what question did I dodge?

You said:

Why can't you accept the fact that pussies libs don't have a stomach for war, and can't accept that 1000 troops is nothing for a war (thank you to those who serve and have sacrificed) - God knows what this world would look like if your mindset ruled the land back in WWII...

If I'm not mistaken that statement is about WAR IN GENERAL. You did not say "the Iraq war" you said "war". Therefore, I responded saying:

Why can't right wing nut jobs accept the fact that libs have the stomach for war when it is appropriate? 1 life is 1 too many if its the war is inappropriate

I was responding to WAR IN GENERAL.

It is not dodging the Iraq question when it was never part of the original discussion between us.

As I said:

Whether or not this war in Iraq is of that type is another question.

If you want to discuss that matter we can.

nakedemperor said:
Thanks for a job well-done, Cap'n Pat.

But I don't know how the personal account of a single soldier is justification for the implied statement "the war in Iraq is going well".

Just like we cant take the personal accoutns of a few soldiers who have written about bad times in Iraq.

-=d=- said:

I'm sorry, I was under the impression this is a message board where we exchange ideas in the hope to understand things better.

Can't happen if you throw around baseless insults and refuse to explain yourself.

Merlin1047 said:
LOL - it never ceases to amaze me. Every time a first-hand account surfaces from the people who are actually in Iraq , libs come worming their way out of the woodwork to denigrate the statement. Never mind that these second-guessers have no firsthand basis for their statements. Never mind that these libs do nothing more than sit around watching CNN and soaking up the air-conditioning - they still feel that they are more qualified to pronounce our efforts a failure than someone who is in-country who tries to explain that we are succeeding.

The sheer, unmitigated arrogance of such an attitude is mind boggling. Unfortunately, among libs, it is far from uncommon.

Hey, Merlin. I didn't say the account wasn't accurate. I said A SINGLE ACCOUNT isn't enough to justify "the war in Iraq is going well". Anyone in their right mind would agree.

Then again, single national intelligence agency is also not enough to justify "the war in Iraq is going poorly".

"Every time a first-hand account surfaces from the ground in Iraq." I've read first hand accounts going BOTH WAYS. You don't see me calling conservatives blind and arrogant for believing that things ARE going well.

Get off your horse.

MJDuncan1982 said:
I'm sorry, I was under the impression this is a message board where we exchange ideas in the hope to understand things better.

Can't happen if you throw around baseless insults and refuse to explain yourself.

who is throwing around an insult, baselsss or otherwise?

MJDuncan1982 said:
Exactly what question did I dodge?

You said:

If I'm not mistaken that statement is about WAR IN GENERAL. You did not say "the Iraq war" you said "war". Therefore, I responded saying:

I was responding to WAR IN GENERAL.

It is not dodging the Iraq question when it was never part of the original discussion between us.

As I said:

If you want to discuss that matter we can.

You are aluding to the theory that the Iraq War is not appropriate... HOW IS IT NOT??

Why's that so hard to follow?

-Cp said:
You are aluding to the theory that the Iraq War is not appropriate... HOW IS IT NOT??

Why's that so hard to follow?

Good God why is this difficult. The discussion began about liberals being scared of war - ANY war - thus, war in general.

I responded that liberals are not scared of war in general...just don't want to fight those which are inappropriate.

And yes, if the Iraq war is inappropriate then I wouldn't want to fight in it at all. I hope you guys can at least understand that or do you say we should fight inappropriate wars?

MJDuncan1982 said:
Good God why is this difficult. The discussion began about liberals being scared of war - ANY war - thus, war in general.

I responded that liberals are not scared of war in general...just don't want to fight those which are inappropriate.

And yes, if the Iraq war is inappropriate then I wouldn't want to fight in it at all. I hope you guys can at least understand that or do you say we should fight inappropriate wars?

I'd argue that liberals are scared of any war.. .in fact, I think most of them - given the chance - would rather sit around a campfire w/ Osama Bin Laden and Saddam, sing "Kum By Yah" and eat smores...

-Cp said:
I'd argue that liberals are scared of any war.. .in fact, I think most of them - given the chance - would rather sit around a campfire w/ Osama Bin Laden and Saddam, sing "Kum By Yah" and eat smores...

You can't have an intelligent dialogue with someone who actually believes this-- please tell me you're joking, Cp.

Then again, this coming from someone who think liberals should be murdered where they stand, maybe not. But I'm 99% certain you were joking about that too.

-=d=- said:
You have thin skin.

Listen I was not insulted by his comment. I merely wanted him to stay on topic which he is obviously incapable of doing.

Do we need to go over the rule in adult discussion that you attack the argument and not the person?

If you are going to leave the subject and poke fun, at least give a reason. This is like a school playground where one takes his ball and leaves.

nakedemperor said:
You can't have an intelligent dialogue with someone who actually believes this-- please tell me you're joking, Cp.

Then again, this coming from someone who think liberals should be murdered where they stand, maybe not. But I'm 99% certain you were joking about that too.

Give me another reason to believe any different... "Oh... .the terrorists have feelings... they're just taking out years of agression imposed on them by the USA 30 years ago"....

Okay, maybe not shot, but at least shipped over to France - hell, they'd love to have more America-haters over there...

Then again, at least if their shot, we can help clean up the gene-pool a bit and stop the mental polution from spreading....

hmmm.....

-Cp said:
Give me another reason to believe any different... "Oh... .the terrorists have feelings... they're just taking out years of agression imposed on them by the USA 30 years ago"....

Okay, maybe not shot, but at least shipped over to France - hell, they'd love to have more America-haters over there...

Then again, at least if their shot, we can help clean up the gene-pool a bit and stop the mental polution from spreading....

hmmm.....

It is in no way helpful or productive to generalize and denounce liberals for believing things that the two liberals I've seen posting on this thread (MJ and myself) come nowhere close to believing. You're spewing baseless misinformation that contributes to the dialogue in no way. If you want to gripe, bitch and moan about hypothetical liberals, take it elsewhere.

MJDuncan1982 said:

My I read, instead? :)

First it's:

MJDuncan1982 said:
This is an insult...

then:
MJDuncan1982 said:
I was not insulted...

(shrug)...make up your mind :)

MJDuncan1982 said:
Do we need to go over the rule in adult discussion that you attack the argument and not the person?

It was an attack/insult which was not insulting? weird.

MJDuncan1982 said:
If you are going to leave the subject and poke fun, at least give a reason. This is like a school playground where one takes his ball and leaves.

...except it's nothing like that. :)

Enjoy your day...

Forum List

Back