YouTube warning: Hepatitis A coming over the border in frozen fruits, video:

From the CDC (Center for Disease Control)

• prevent illness.
Outbreak Information
Clipboard icon

• As of June 14, 2023, there are:
    • 9 outbreak-associated cases of hepatitis A reported from 3 states (California, Oregon, and Washington).
    • Illnesses started on dates ranging from November 24, 2022, to April 12, 2023.
    • 3 people have been hospitalized. No deaths have been reported.
  • Epidemiologic and traceback evidence indicate that frozen organic strawberries are the likely source of this outbreak.
    • In interviews, 9/9 (100%) people reported eating frozen organic strawberries.

Hep C is the dangerous one. But then, I didn't watch the video, because I almost never do that.

Banner-HepA-Index.jpg

Hepatitis A is a vaccine-preventable liver infection caused by the hepatitis A virus (HAV). HAV is found in the stool and blood of people who are infected. Hepatitis A is very contagious. It is spread when someone unknowingly ingests the virus — even in microscopic amounts — through close personal contact with an infected person or through eating contaminated food or drink. Symptoms of hepatitis A can last up to 2 months and include fatigue, nausea, stomach pain, and jaundice. Most people with hepatitis A do not have long-lasting illness. The best way to prevent hepatitis A is to get vaccinated.
Hep C is the dangerous one. But then, I didn't watch the video, because I almost never do that.
Jaundice that results from Hepatitis a can be quite debilitating to some people. Since some of the illness mentioned on the OP video, was through large chain stores like Walmart and HEB, I'd say American people all over America have a chance of contracting the disease that rolled over the southern border, because of demand for strawberries year-round. And I the skpetic was thinking all was well in the market these days. Not.

Thanks for your fedback, dogbreath. These kinds of things are bad for me, however. I'm allergic to all viral innoculations that other people can take. That's why I chose to live on a farm, because it is remote from large populations, and my survival chances are better out in the sticks between other farms and cattle enterprises. I keep my pets in a large backyard with a hurricane fence and several shade trees for summer and a sunroom for stormy days and winter.

Banner-HepA-Index.jpg

Hepatitis A is a vaccine-preventable liver infection caused by the hepatitis A virus (HAV). HAV is found in the stool and blood of people who are infected. Hepatitis A is very contagious. It is spread when someone unknowingly ingests the virus — even in microscopic amounts — through close personal contact with an infected person or through eating contaminated food or drink. Symptoms of hepatitis A can last up to 2 months and include fatigue, nausea, stomach pain, and jaundice. Most people with hepatitis A do not have long-lasting illness. The best way to prevent hepatitis A is to get vaccinated.

Jaundice that results from Hepatitis a can be quite debilitating to some people. Since some of the illness mentioned on the OP video, was through large chain stores like Walmart and HEB, I'd say American people all over America have a chance of contracting the disease that rolled over the southern border, because of demand for strawberries year-round. And I the skpetic was thinking all was well in the market these days. Not.

Thanks for your fedback, dogbreath. These kinds of things are bad for me, however. I'm allergic to all viral innoculations that other people can take. That's why I chose to live on a farm, because it is remote from large populations, and my survival chances are better out in the sticks between other farms and cattle enterprises. I keep my pets in a large backyard with a hurricane fence and several shade trees for summer and a sunroom for stormy days and winter.

I also have very serious reactions to some vaccines and so I guess I will be more careful about where my fruits come from. I'm lucky to live in an area where we have plenty of organic produce grown locally. Also, I grow produce in my own garden and orchard. I also have a LOT of freeze dried fruits and veg that I bought three to four years ago, which are packaged to last many years.

Forum List

Back