Youtube TV or Hulu?

Burgermeister

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jan 23, 2021
I pulled the plug on Xfinity and while we have all our apps available on Roku - MAX, P+, etc., we'd like a better live TV package that has local channes. Looks like it's between Youtube TV and Hulu. Anyone opinions? Thanks!

I pulled the plug on Xfinity and while we have all our apps available on Roku - MAX, P+, etc., we'd like a better live TV package that has local channes. Looks like it's between Youtube TV and Hulu. Anyone opinions? Thanks!
around here in kc we can get about 30 channels with an antenna,, so you might try that and see what you get,,

around here in kc we can get about 30 channels with an antenna,, so you might try that and see what you get,,
Yes, that is an option, but too much work. I can either get an antenna for each tv and figure out where to mount each antenna, or get a whole home antenna and get the cable routed. Too lazy.

Yes, that is an option, but too much work. I can either get an antenna for each tv and figure out where to mount each antenna, or get a whole home antenna and get the cable routed. Too lazy.
my mom just has them on the back of the TV,,

you should have gotten one with the TV,, or they arent expensive,,
as low as 10 bucks,,

I like Sling because they have two choices of lineups. I use the one without ESPN, which adds $8 to your monthly bill, and I do not like, as a sports network. I believe I pay $40 per month. I mainly keep it for MSNBC and a few other channels. I'm pretty much done with the TBS/TNT/USA/A&E/Bravo/SyFy/AMC channels that have commercials every 6 minutes that last for 4 minutes, and chop up movies and shows so much it's not worth watching them.

Hulu + Live may be an advantage if you also have Disney+, because you can bundle them (along with the seldom-watched ESPN+) for a lower price.

I like Sling because they have two choices of lineups. I use the one without ESPN, which adds $8 to your monthly bill, and I do not like, as a sports network. I believe I pay $40 per month. I mainly keep it for MSNBC and a few other channels. I'm pretty much done with the TBS/TNT/USA/A&E/Bravo/SyFy/AMC channels that have commercials every 6 minutes that last for 4 minutes, and chop up movies and shows so much it's not worth watching them.
The only "live" tv I watch is NFL.
For the same reason.

You-Tube interface is difficult but you can get sunday Ticket there.
Hulu has the better interface

If all you want is TV, go Hulu.
Thanks. As it stands now, the nfl package is the differentiator.

Thanks. You watch MSNBC? I would have never guessed. ;)

If you are in a decent location, have you just tried switching to OTA broadcast TV on an antenna like TV used to be? I switched to it in 2016 and have never looked back. I get more, better television for free now (70 channels) than I USED to get for $200/month on Dish or Verizon.

I hope someone comes up with a reasonable cost and quality solution.

It seems like I’ve tried them all yet end up searching YouTube. Once you exhaust Hulu, sling, Disney of the good stuff they’re a waste. I suppose Sling/espn is an okay for the news/ sports live stuff.

I use Roku on one TV and Google/TCL on the other. Several free channels there. Freevee,Tubi,Plex,Crackle. Plus I have a magnavox plug in antenna with about 50 channels. Lots of old movies,westerns and classic tv shows.

I hope someone comes up with a reasonable cost and quality solution.

It seems like I’ve tried them all yet end up searching YouTube. Once you exhaust Hulu, sling, Disney of the good stuff they’re a waste. I suppose Sling/espn is an okay for the news/ sports live stuff.
Apparently there is a constant battle of licensing for channels amongst all of them. The good news is that you can cancel and change pretty easily if they drop a channel that you like. The NFL Ticket is a massive draw for me, so I am leaning heavily towards YouTube TV. Fucking Google..

I guess I'm lucky. Years ago I completed designing and building my own "Netflix " with thousands of the best motion pictures, documentaries, sports, concerts and sitcoms of all time, and have it all at my finger tips now at the press of a button in FHD, plus BRs, DVDs, and everything else, and since then, Hollywood has slowed to a trickle.

There has been very little worthwhile to come out of Hollywood in a decade. So with OTA, a DVR, and a little streaming on occasion, I have little need to pay anyone for anything, but the amount of good programing available for free on OTA is staggering.

Forum List

Back