YouTube Atheist burns 40,000 Qurans (uploaded) for Free Speech, he says.

Both the Old Testament and the Quran speak against having idols in the land.

And tell of Prophets destroying them. :cool:

Yes, I know that they do. But do you know WHY having idols is bad?

You tell me. :cool:

Ok, I will tell you. The reason why the Old Testament and the Qu'ran speak against having idols is because people will worship these idols instead of worshipping God himself. So, when you support the destruction of another religions idols all that you are doing is supporting the destruction of one false idol (their statues) which will make them worship another false idol (their God).

So, you either actively support the forced worship of Allah and a harsh sentence for anyone who refuses to comply or you leave their damned statues alone. ANY other position is a hypocracy.

when you support the destruction of another religions idols all that you are doing is supporting the destruction of one false idol (their statues) which will make them worship another false idol (their God).

That is down right silly.

Destroying the Buddhist idols didn't make them worship other gods or idols. :cuckoo:

when you support the destruction of another religions idols all that you are doing is supporting the destruction of one false idol (their statues) which will make them worship another false idol (their God).

That is down right silly.

Destroying the Buddhist idols didn't make them worship other gods or idols. :cuckoo:

I did not say that. You misunderstood what I said.

Let me try and make it more clear.

1. You destroy Buddhist statues.
2. They still worship their idol/god Buddha.

So, all that you achieve by destroying their statues is making them move from worshipping their statues to worshipping their god. BOTH of which are false idols according to your perspective.

Correct? Yes. Good.

I say again, this rule of destroying idols was brought about in the first place to get people to stop worshipping false idols and, instead, worship God.

So, what is the point of destroying their statues if it doesnt stop them worshipping false idols at all?

I've always been curious as to which side christians would pick when "forced" to choose between atheists and muslims. My guess is it depends on the situation, this being one they chose atheists.

Next week if an american muslim burns 40,000 biology books that teach about evolution and atheists get angry about it my guess is they'll side with the muslim.

So, what is the point of destroying their statues if it doesnt stop them worshipping false idols at all?

Destroying the Buddhist idols had nothing to do with stopping them from worshipping the idols.

As there are no Buddhists in Afghanistan to worship them.

They destroyed the idols because it is against Islam to allow idols in a country that is totally Muslim. :cool:

Well, what do you think of this? Curious of your thoughts.

YouTube user, Thunderfoot, an atheist, burns 40,000 (uploaded) Qurans for what he says is free speech.

YouTube - 40 000 Qur'an copies Burn for Free Speech!

Is it justified for free speech?
Is it just adding fuel to the flames?
Disrespectful?
Dangerous?

Most Christians I know wouldn't burn a Quran, just because it would be inflammatory instead of trying to show the love of Christ. However, some Christians would, for free speech like that pastor did. What are you thoughts? And if you're a Christian, what are your thoughts?

what an ass wheres the bible ? he could have burnt 94 of them and not repeated his burning
this is a stunt

He's got a ton of other videos on knocking the Bible, mocking God, if that's your thang. A whole series on knocking us Christians ( "Why Do People Laugh At Creationists". ) He probably isn't burning the Bibles because he knows most christians aren't gonna give him death threats, etc for doing so. Rather most would just pray for him.

I've always been curious as to which side christians would pick when "forced" to choose between atheists and muslims. My guess is it depends on the situation, this being one they chose atheists.

Next week if an american muslim burns 40,000 biology books that teach about evolution and atheists get angry about it my guess is they'll side with the muslim.

Interesting, I was just pondering along the same lines recently. I was thinking, what side would an atheist choose, if they "had" to? Or what if Islam someday does declar a "Holy World War" on Christianity, etc? Would atheists side with the muslims, or side with the Christians, if they had to?

It reminded me of the Lord of the Rings somehow... that final battle where all the bad guys (Terrorist Muslims) gathered to decare war against all that is good and the Good King (Jesus Christ) went to get his dead servants (Atheists) and then the dead servants helped the King and His servants and victory was achieved. (I know probably not an accurate comparision, but welcome to my brain..lol :tongue: )

If push came to shove, I'm pretty sure I'd side with an Atheist first before a Terrorist Muslim, as most Atheists I know aren't out to murder anyone. My guess is that Islam may possibly play a huge part in the end times. Not sure, but we'll see.

(Just pondering, who knows what will happen tomorrow, but I wonder sometimes.... :tongue: )

Last edited:
He's got a ton of other videos on knocking the Bible, mocking God, if that's your thang. A whole series on knocking us Christians ( "Why Do People Laugh At Creationists". ) He probably isn't burning the Bibles because he knows most christians aren't gonna give him death threats, etc for doing so. Rather most would just pray for him.

the three monolithic religions are bull shit and need knocking .
all started by the lower class Canaanites .

Atheists / communist

Have killed more people in the last century.

Than all religions put together in the entire history of the world.

That's cute, pointing out the religious views of one monstrous leader from 70 years ago in a way of describing modern people you know have nothing in common with him.

Atheists / communist

Hmm.. good point. Interesting..and I had to look some things up. Kind of eye opening when I think about WW2 only ending about 66 years ago.

List of wars and anthropogenic disasters by death toll - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Answers.com - Who was most responsible for the outbreak of World War One

Answers.com - Who was responsible for World War 2

Hmm..wonder who will be most responsible for WW3? We'll see, I guess.

Atheists / communist

That's cute, pointing out the religious views of one monstrous leader from 70 years ago in a way of describing modern people you know have nothing in common with him.

Oy, good point too. I shall shush me mouth, I know nuffin :tongue:

Atheists / communist

Oy, good point too. I shall shush me mouth, I know nuffin :tongue:

Yeah I'm hoping someday these ignorant, idiotic generalizations are beneath the human race, that's a loooooong ways away.

I would think someone like Sunni Man would understand this, since he lives in a country where the majority look down on his religious views, but sadly even he doesn't.

The avowed atheist/communist leaders Stalin and Mao were responsible for the largest mass murders in all of history.

That is not generalizing but absolute fact. :doubt:

Last edited:
The avowed atheist/communist leaders Stalin and Mao were responsible for the largest mass murders in all of history.

That is not generalizing but absolute fact. :doubt:

What the hell does that matter in any tiny way to any discussion that's taken place in this thread or any modern people for that matter?

I ma sure organized religion has taken many more human lives down through the past 2 millennia than Mao and Stalin put together. But, that is off topic. About the topic...Freedom of speech. Destruction of religious objects can bee seen as freedom of speech. How does anyone here feel about Muslims burning Christian churches? Blowing up 1000 year Buddhist shrines? Burning a book may be foolish, but it is a harmless symbolic act. Muslims seem to be, on the other hand, are going well beyond symbolic acts to violent zealotry. That is what alarms me.

Forum List

Back