YouTube Atheist burns 40,000 Qurans (uploaded) for Free Speech, he says.

I highly doubt he bought 40,000 Qurans and burned them. I don't believe the claim whatsoever.

However, I would respond the same way I responded to the so called pastor burning the one. Maybe he should read it sometime and learn something. Because he really isn't doing anything positive by destroying knowledge.

Well, what do you think of this? Curious of your thoughts.

YouTube user, Thunderfoot, an atheist, burns 40,000 (uploaded) Qurans for what he says is free speech.

YouTube - 40 000 Qur'an copies Burn for Free Speech!

Is it justified for free speech?
Is it just adding fuel to the flames?
Disrespectful?
Dangerous?

Most Christians I know wouldn't burn a Quran, just because it would be inflammatory instead of trying to show the love of Christ. However, some Christians would, for free speech like that pastor did. What are you thoughts? And if you're a Christian, what are your thoughts?

This is just another example of organized religion doing what it can to fan the flames of hate. How sad.
Just because you can do a thing, it doesn't mean you should do a thing.

When a christian extremeist kills an abortion doctor, they are labled a fanatic and pointed out to be an extremeist. For not all christians are killing abortion doctors en masse.
When a Muslim kills someone over burning a Koran, they are labled a fanatic and the entire religion is held responsible. Not all Muslims took to the streets killing people en masse over the Koran burning. It was probably just the fanatics.

How is it an example of organized religion fanning the flames of hatred? The guy made the point that he is an atheist.

I'd love to see that answer too.

This is just another example of organized religion doing what it can to fan the flames of hate. How sad.

When a christian extremeist kills an abortion doctor, they are labled a fanatic and pointed out to be an extremeist. For not all christians are killing abortion doctors en masse.
When a Muslim kills someone over burning a Koran, they are labled a fanatic and the entire religion is held responsible. Not all Muslims took to the streets killing people en masse over the Koran burning. It was probably just the fanatics.

How is it an example of organized religion fanning the flames of hatred? The guy made the point that he is an atheist.

The original poster said " However, some Christians would, for free speech like that pastor did. What are you thoughts? And if you're a Christian, what are your thoughts?"

In reference to the pastor burning the Koran I posted : This is just another example of organized religion doing what it can to fan the flames of hate. How sad.

The original poster said " However, some Christians would, for free speech like that pastor did. What are you thoughts? And if you're a Christian, what are your thoughts?"

In reference to the pastor burning the Koran I posted : This is just another example of organized religion doing what it can to fan the flames of hate. How sad.

Because the OP asked a stupid question you think that this is an example of organized religion fanning the flames of hatred.

Got it.

I highly doubt he bought 40,000 Qurans and burned them. I don't believe the claim whatsoever.

However, I would respond the same way I responded to the so called pastor burning the one. Maybe he should read it sometime and learn something. Because he really isn't doing anything positive by destroying knowledge.

I have to disagree that he in any way destroyed knowledge. The knowledge did not cease to exist, he merely (supposedly) destroyed some copies of it. If there were no more copies of the Quran, then you would have an argument he destroyed knowledge.

40K purchased Qurans, wow that just made the publisher happy!

How many US flags do Muslims burn on a daily basis? Islam is a demonic cult. It is much different than the other major religions - Christianity, Hinduism and Buddhism (Judaism has what 18-20 mil in a world og 6.6 billion I don't think you can call that a major religion) and it should to be treated as such.

We don't treat all drinks are the same. Alcohol makes you drunk, Red Bull gives you wings or jolts of energy, V8 is good for your health and drinks with cyanide in it kills ya (Islam is like drinks with cyanide)!

I should have been more precise in the headline, though if someone had watched the video they would see what he did. He uploaded (thats why I had uploaded in parathesis) 40K "online" Qurans, saved them to disk, and burned the drive it seems.

Getting several different views here, it looks like.

Well, what do you think of this? Curious of your thoughts.

YouTube user, Thunderfoot, an atheist, burns 40,000 (uploaded) Qurans for what he says is free speech.

YouTube - 40 000 Qur'an copies Burn for Free Speech!

Is it justified for free speech?
Is it just adding fuel to the flames?
Disrespectful?
Dangerous?

Most Christians I know wouldn't burn a Quran, just because it would be inflammatory instead of trying to show the love of Christ. However, some Christians would, for free speech like that pastor did. What are you thoughts? And if you're a Christian, what are your thoughts?

Most fellow bros and sisters in Christ that I know would say the same thing. Stay away from it, (burning a Quran) it'll just cause more problems. Faning the flames as you say.

I really liked your reply - "Just because you can do a thing, it doesn't mean you should do a thing." Right on.

But it wasn't a person of any faith who made the video and burned the uploaded Qurans, which the video now has over 155K views. Rather, Thunderfoot is an atheist and he makes videos such as "Why Do People Laugh At Creationists" , etc. So does that make him an "atheist fanatic"? Is he fanning the flames?

Because the OP asked a stupid question you think that this is an example of organized religion fanning the flames of hatred.

Got it.

LOL, now I'm feeling stupid, I asked a stupid question? Please show me what I did wrong? LOL, (little embarrased) I was told there are no stupid questions! :tongue:

The video has tons of views and many are commenting on what Thunderfoot did. It's reality of what we all are seeing in the world. A pastor burns a Quran. Some muslims then kill 12 people because of it. (Here's a news link for it) And now an atheist burns several copies of the Quran too. (And many others if you look at YouTube)

Protesters kill 12 after Florida pastor burns Quran | afghanistan, protesters, quran - WPEC 12 West Palm Beach

Overall, whether it's an atheist, christian, buddhist, jew, or whomever... is burning the Quran (whether the books or uploaded and online) a good idea? (in the name of "free speech")

I think its GREAT. To bad it was one fire and not 40,000 individual youtube entry's...of a different Koran burning.

It is no more offensive then every time the muslims have a demonstration and burn the American flag. It they are so sensitive to "being offended" then LET THEM NOT OFFEND!

Im going to be very ungraceful and say...fuck them and the horses they rode in on, those who wrote threats on his comment page. This aint the ME. Its the USofA.

Im with you there.

Fuck them!

Last edited:
Like others have said, American and Israeli flags are burned daily and desecrated in the Middle East, why is it ok for them do that but if someone burns a Quran, all hell breaks loose?

I am actually curious to see if some imam actually rules on this. The key is that Islam considers the text itself of the Koran to be holy. Each Koran is a sanctified object. A bible according to most christian denominations is merely a book, the words themselves are what is sanctified, not the paper they are printed on. Burning a bible has no real theological meaning, as opposed to burning a koran. As the phyiscal form of a Koran is considered holy, burning it would be considered blasphemy. When it comes to the digital form of the Koran, however, I am not aware of sharia law intepretations based on this.

In Judaism I think the physical torah itself is a sacred object, but the talmud is not.

Like others have said, American and Israeli flags are burned daily and desecrated in the Middle East, why is it ok for them do that but if someone burns a Quran, all hell breaks loose?

A flag is just a symbol.

Flags and nations historically come and go; rise and fall.

But the Quran is the eternal written word of Allah.

Muslims base their entire lives on the Quran.

Desecrate or disrespect the Quran.

And you have personally insulted all Muslims.

Agree or disagree; that's just the way that it is. :cool:

A flag is just a symbol.

I understand the Quran is important to Muslims and I don't agree with burning it, however the American flag is important to alot of people as well, people have fought and died for it. I would like people to just be courteous to each other and not burn Qurans or the flag but thats not possible in the world we live in apparently.

A flag is just a symbol.

In the ME, muslims (not all for those that have narrow minds) "personally insult" people of other faiths every single day. Why do muslims think they are "above" insults?

Forum List

Back