YouTube Atheist burns 40,000 Qurans (uploaded) for Free Speech, he says.

Like others have said, American and Israeli flags are burned daily and desecrated in the Middle East, why is it ok for them do that but if someone burns a Quran, all hell breaks loose?

A flag is just a symbol.

Flags and nations historically come and go; rise and fall.

But the Quran is the eternal written word of Allah.

Muslims base their entire lives on the Quran.

Desecrate or disrespect the Quran.

And you have personally insulted all Muslims.

Agree or disagree; that's just the way that it is. :cool:

They insult themselves, then. Because they worship something not supposed to teach....words on paper. Its the THOUGHT behind the words. Which means its idol worshipping. Muslims idol worship?

It seems pretty pointless to me. I guess he was just trying to do the job that the western media failed to do... tell muslims who want cencorship to get over it and get a life.

Let's ask Cat Stephens (aka Yusuf Islam) what HE thinks . I think I saw him in the Youtube video, burning a pile of his old records. Please. As mentioned before, all this Thunderf00t chap did was destroy a hard drive, which lacks the punch of actually burning 40,000 books. Now, Hitler, he was into the book burning thing, too. Bad idea.

They insult themselves, then. Because they worship something not supposed to teach....words on paper. Its the THOUGHT behind the words. Which means its idol worshipping. Muslims idol worship?

Incorrect

We respect the written Quran.

But we do not worship it. :cool:

You respect the written word but dont worship it? THen how can someone not of that faith (an infidel) be murdered if it isnt worshipped as a sacred OBJECT?

'Nuther question for you Sunni. Were the buddhist statues not a sacred thing to buddhists and did not muslims destroy those statues with no regard to the age, era or religion they were affiliated with because according to islam beliefs, statues are forbidden and therefore any other faith doesnt count? If so...why do muslims want to be exempt from the same mindset of other relgions?

'Nuther question for you Sunni. Were the buddhist statues not a sacred thing to buddhists and did not muslims destroy those statues with no regard to the age, era or religion they were affiliated with because according to islam beliefs, statues are forbidden and therefore any other faith doesnt count? If so...why do muslims want to be exempt from the same mindset of other relgions?
First, there are no Buddhists anymore in Afghanistan.

Second, they didn't want stone idols defiling their land.

Last, it's their country and they have the right to keep or destroy anything in it. :cool:

The video was just plain silly.

He didn't burn any Quran's.

He just set fire to a computer hard drive that he claimed had Quran's installed. :cuckoo:

You know and i know all you have to do is SAY your are going to burn the fucking koran and the muslims in the ME go bat shit fucking crazy.

now you want to talk about who and what is cukoo? :cuckoo:

Like others have said, American and Israeli flags are burned daily and desecrated in the Middle East, why is it ok for them do that but if someone burns a Quran, all hell breaks loose?

A flag is just a symbol.

Flags and nations historically come and go; rise and fall.

But the Quran is the eternal written word of Allah.

Muslims base their entire lives on the Quran.

Desecrate or disrespect the Quran.

And you have personally insulted all Muslims.

Agree or disagree; that's just the way that it is. :cool:

Right, bat shit crazy.

First, there are no Buddhists anymore in Afghanistan.

Second, they didn't want stone idols defiling their land.

Last, it's their country and they have the right to keep or destroy anything in it. :cool:

Cool. Do we have the right to destroy what we do not want in this country?

hhmmm am also think about that burka thing in france that the muslims are so up in arms about.

Cool. Do we have the right to destroy what we do not want in this country?
As long as you don't break the law. :cool:

So, according to you, its ok that they destroyed Buddhist statues simply because it was within the law? How arbitrary.

Please stop hiding behind the law. What they did is either right or wrong. You obviously think it was the right thing to do. Can you please explain why?

Please stop hiding behind the law. What they did is either right or wrong. You obviously think it was the right thing to do. Can you please explain why?

Afghanistan is a Muslim country.

And those large buddhist idols were an offense to Islam. :doubt:

Why are they an offense to Islam?
Both the Old Testament and the Quran speak against having idols in the land.

And tell of Prophets destroying them. :cool:

Well, what do you think of this? Curious of your thoughts.

YouTube user, Thunderfoot, an atheist, burns 40,000 (uploaded) Qurans for what he says is free speech.

YouTube - 40 000 Qur'an copies Burn for Free Speech!

Is it justified for free speech?
Is it just adding fuel to the flames?
Disrespectful?
Dangerous?

Most Christians I know wouldn't burn a Quran, just because it would be inflammatory instead of trying to show the love of Christ. However, some Christians would, for free speech like that pastor did. What are you thoughts? And if you're a Christian, what are your thoughts?

This is just another example of organized religion doing what it can to fan the flames of hate. How sad.
Just because you can do a thing, it doesn't mean you should do a thing.

When a christian extremeist kills an abortion doctor, they are labled a fanatic and pointed out to be an extremeist. For not all christians are killing abortion doctors en masse.
When a Muslim kills someone over burning a Koran, they are labled a fanatic and the entire religion is held responsible. Not all Muslims took to the streets killing people en masse over the Koran burning. It was probably just the fanatics.

Most fellow bros and sisters in Christ that I know would say the same thing. Stay away from it, (burning a Quran) it'll just cause more problems. Faning the flames as you say.

I really liked your reply - "Just because you can do a thing, it doesn't mean you should do a thing." Right on.

But it wasn't a person of any faith who made the video and burned the uploaded Qurans, which the video now has over 155K views. Rather, Thunderfoot is an atheist and he makes videos such as "Why Do People Laugh At Creationists" , etc. So does that make him an "atheist fanatic"? Is he fanning the flames?

Yes, I do believe atheism became a form of belief system when they started organizing.
Yes I believe he is fanning the flames, because when violence happens it proves the point that religion is about violence instead of the peace they claim.

Forum List

Back