YouTube Atheist burns 40,000 Qurans (uploaded) for Free Speech, he says.

Marie888

† † †
Sep 28, 2010
Temporarily on earth †
Well, what do you think of this? Curious of your thoughts.

YouTube user, Thunderfoot, an atheist, burns 40,000 (uploaded) Qurans for what he says is free speech.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeAr01hzG30]YouTube - 40 000 Qur'an copies Burn for Free Speech![/ame]

Is it justified for free speech?
Is it just adding fuel to the flames?
Disrespectful?
Dangerous?

Most Christians I know wouldn't burn a Quran, just because it would be inflammatory instead of trying to show the love of Christ. However, some Christians would, for free speech like that pastor did. What are you thoughts? And if you're a Christian, what are your thoughts?

YouTube user, Thunderfoot, an atheist, burns 40,000 (uploaded) Qurans for what he says is free speech.

YouTube - 40 000 Qur'an copies Burn for Free Speech!

Disrespectful?
Dangerous?

Most Christians I know wouldn't burn a Quran, just because it would be inflammatory instead of trying to show the love of Christ. However, some Christians would, for free speech like that pastor did. What are you thoughts? And if you're a Christian, what are your thoughts?

It will be interesting to see if he is insulted and criticized in the same way that "preacher" was. I would just like to have more discussions about why islam is allowed to be a "governing system".

My feelings about it are about even with seeing a muslim burning 40000 bibles to show his disgust at infidels. Shrug. They are just books, written by man, for man.

Now ask me what I think about women whooping, dancing and laughing at the scenes on tv of the WTC falling...or vid cameras taken of muslims dragging our dead soldiers thru the streets.

Disrespectful?
Dangerous?

It will be interesting to see if he is insulted and criticized in the same way that "preacher" was. I would just like to have more discussions about why islam is allowed to be a "governing system".

I seen at least one possible online "death threat" to him on his channel comments. Could just be words, but even so. I'm going to guess he's getting several similar messages.

Im going to be very ungraceful and say...fuck them and the horses they rode in on, those who wrote threats on his comment page. This aint the ME. Its the USofA.

My feelings about it are about even with seeing a muslim burning 40000 bibles to show his disgust at infidels. Shrug. They are just books, written by man, for man.

Now ask me what I think about women whooping, dancing and laughing at the scenes on tv of the WTC falling...or vid cameras taken of muslims dragging our dead soldiers thru the streets.

Yeah, most Christians I know, even if we saw someone burning a Bible, we'd probably just feel sad for that person and pray for them. If a Christian gave a death threat because of it, or worse - murdered someone over it, well it would be wrong and they wouldn't be listening to Jesus then to love our enemies. It's not on our heads of someone else burns God's Word. It's so sad and horrible that some in Islam will kill over someone burning their Quran.

40K purchased Qurans, wow that just made the publisher happy!

How many US flags do Muslims burn on a daily basis? Islam is a demonic cult. It is much different than the other major religions - Christianity, Hinduism and Buddhism (Judaism has what 18-20 mil in a world og 6.6 billion I don't think you can call that a major religion) and it should to be treated as such.

We don't treat all drinks are the same. Alcohol makes you drunk, Red Bull gives you wings or jolts of energy, V8 is good for your health and drinks with cyanide in it kills ya (Islam is like drinks with cyanide)!

Yeah, most Christians I know, even if we saw someone burning a Bible, we'd probably just feel sad for that person and pray for them. If a Christian gave a death threat because of it, or worse - murdered someone over it, well it would be wrong and they wouldn't be listening to Jesus then to love our enemies. It's not on our heads of someone else burns God's Word. It's so sad and horrible that some in Islam will kill over someone burning their Quran.

All organized religions suck big hairy ones, Marie. No offense. Which is why I follow my own path, take a smidge of this, a smidge of that, combine it and voila. God fearing? HAYELL no. I dont fear God. Do I believe in Him? You betcha. I dont need some book or "spokesperson" to teach me what God teaches me Himself.
Sad? Nope. Insanity.

Disrespectful?
Dangerous?

This is just another example of organized religion doing what it can to fan the flames of hate. How sad.
Just because you can do a thing, it doesn't mean you should do a thing.

When a christian extremeist kills an abortion doctor, they are labled a fanatic and pointed out to be an extremeist. For not all christians are killing abortion doctors en masse.
When a Muslim kills someone over burning a Koran, they are labled a fanatic and the entire religion is held responsible. Not all Muslims took to the streets killing people en masse over the Koran burning. It was probably just the fanatics.

When is someone going to take a shit on a Koran and youtube it?

Thunderfoot is my hero! Wouldn't it be nice if every American had the guts to take up the Jihad for the American constitution by burning a copy of the Koran. Let's set aside a day for it and send those bastards a collective message.

Thunderfoot is my hero! Wouldn't it be nice if every American had the guts to take up the Jihad for the American constitution by burning a copy of the Koran. Let's set aside a day for it and send those bastards a collective message.
How does burning a Quran defend the Constitution?? :cuckoo:

How does massacring innocent people defend the Quran?

Disrespectful?
Dangerous?

This is just another example of organized religion doing what it can to fan the flames of hate. How sad.
Just because you can do a thing, it doesn't mean you should do a thing.

When a christian extremeist kills an abortion doctor, they are labled a fanatic and pointed out to be an extremeist. For not all christians are killing abortion doctors en masse.
When a Muslim kills someone over burning a Koran, they are labled a fanatic and the entire religion is held responsible. Not all Muslims took to the streets killing people en masse over the Koran burning. It was probably just the fanatics.

How is it an example of organized religion fanning the flames of hatred? The guy made the point that he is an atheist.

How does burning a Quran defend the Constitution?? :cuckoo:

How does massacring innocent people defend the Quran?

Answer my question first. :cool:

Sure. Think of the U.S. Constitution as the American version of the Quran. It's the document we live by because it outlines the principles by which our society organized. When Muslims go on a rampage in Afghanistan, Indonesia, wherever, in reaction to a preacher burning the Quran, it is a tangible assault upon our one of the fundamental constitutional principles, free speech. Muslims half a world away from the U.S. cannot be allowed to abridge our freedom. If that were permitted, if the principles of constitutional freedom can be abrogated at the whim and vagaries of other cultures, then the constitution isn't worth the paper it's printed on. The guy who burned the Quran is saying fuck you to muslims who think they can tell Americans what to do and at the same time defending his right to live according to the principles of individual freedom enumerated in the constitution and not be in any way constrained by a book inimical and foreign to our way of life, the quran.

You first.
No YOU first.
Nuh uh!
Uh huh!
I asked first.
I dont care.

lol. Gotta love it.

Forum List

Back