Your Nominations For Greatest Rock 'n Roll Tune Ever...

In honor and tribute to the man who brought us this beautiful thread...

...USMB's own Studabaker Hawk...

...I give you...

Last edited by a moderator:
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird 1976 - YouTube

Starts off slow and builds to a fevered pitch. Nothing better.
Now don't go all Green Grass and High Tides on us! :eusa_angel:

Ya know, I've tried many times to get sick of Freebird, but everytime I hear those first opening chords, that just goes out the window and I fall in love with the song all over again.

agreed that it's a great opening...

but the tune's all about a Peter-Pan guy who refuses to grow up and take responsibility for himself and his actions...

speaking from personal experience, it's a suck-ass way to live your life...

Last edited:
And to the one who nominated the Archies, you need to be disciplined!

We should only nominate bands that could actually tour and fill out concert halls.

So I suggest we replace Sugar Sugar, with this one...

but the tune's all about a Peter-Pan guy who refuses to grow up and take responsibility for himself and his actions...

speaking from personal experience, it's a suck-ass way to live your live...
Have you ever seen the chic flick 27 Dresses?

I had to once (if I wanted to get laid) and Katherine Heigl's character had just found out that the guy who wrote the "Honeymoon" section of the local newspaper, her favorite section in the whole world, was a guy she detested, who isn't even into the institution of marriage.

And at that moment, she exclaims, "I feel like I just found out my favorite love song, was written about a sandwich!"

And to the one who nominated the Archies, you need to be disciplined!

We should only nominate bands that could actually tour and fill out concert halls.

So I suggest we replace Sugar Sugar, with this one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xm3qnh1sck

dunno why, but that reminded me of this... :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4X_pmHr7zW8]The Waitresses - I Know What Boys Like 1982 Video - YouTube[/ame]

speaking from personal experience, it's a suck-ass way to live your live...

Have you ever seen the chic flick 27 Dresses?

I had to once (if I wanted to get laid) and Katherine Heigl's character had just found out that the guy who wrote the "Honeymoon" section of the local newspaper, her favorite section in the whole world, was a guy she detested, who isn't even into the institution of marriage.

And at that moment, she exclaims, "I feel like I just found out my favorite love song, was written about a sandwich!"

lol... I well remember having to do stuff I didn't want to do in order to get laid... :)

my current (and presently estranged) wife's choices in music has, more often than not, sucked...

but of all the chicks who ever gave me a blowjob, she was the best...

so, of course, I'd never say a word about the crap I'd be listening to whenever she picked the music... :)

lol... I well remember having to do stuff I didn't want to do in order to get laid... :)

my current (and presently estranged) wife's choices in music has, more often than not, sucked...

so, of course, I'd never say a word about the crap I'd be listening to whenever she picked the music... :)
Ain't that the truth! Especially, when they ask you for your opinion, like...

"Honey, what do you wanna do tonight? Be honest!"

The thing to realize before one answers, is that women don't won't an honest answer, they want a correct one!

An honest answer would be, "I just wanna bang you and go shoot pool with my buddy's!"

But you know as well as I do, we always give them the correct one, "Oh, I don't care. Whatever you want to do!"

The thing to realize before one answers, is that women don't won't an honest answer, they want a correct one!

An honest answer would be, "I just wanna bang you and go shoot pool with my buddy's!"

But you know as well as I do, we always give them the correct one, "Oh, I don't care. Whatever you want to do!"

yeah... I know the drill... don't need to have it tattoo'd on my forearm... :)

a tribute to the guy in your avie... :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GXPd0fnpKw]Sam Kinison on Marriage - YouTube[/ame]

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird 1976 - YouTube

Starts off slow and builds to a fevered pitch. Nothing better.

Ya know, I've tried many times to get sick of Freebird, but everytime I hear those first opening chords, that just goes out the window and I fall in love with the song all over again.

I really hope that you don't share the same opinion of classics like
"King of the Road", "Born to be Wild", "Travelin' Man". Being somewhat irresponsible is a common theme in hundreds of great songs. Being juvenile doesn't lessen the fact that "Free Bird" is a great song.

Last edited:

I really hope that you don't share the same opinion of classics like "King of the Road", "Born to be Wild", "Travelin' Man". Being somewhat irresponsible is a common theme in hundreds of great songs. Being somewhat juvenile doesn't lessen the fact that "Free Bird" is a great song.

the tunes you mentioned, while similar, ain't quite in the same vein as Free Bird...

the guys in the other tunes aren't talking about leaving a good-hearted woman... they're just describing their rambling lives...

the guy in Free Bird is leaving a good-hearted woman for no good reason 'cept that he feels he's gotta travel on... 'cause he's too self-absorbed and selfish to do otherwise...

and, btw... here's a tune about a guy who does have good cause to leave...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZPh3hpxLKs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZPh3hpxLKs[/ame]

Last edited:
getting back on subject...

here's another tune I'd put up near the top of the list for greatest Rock 'n Roll tunes ever...

fuckin' rocks my socks off every time I listen to it...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiFRLHeyTl4]1985 The Power Station - Get it On (Bang A Gong) - YouTube[/ame]

Had a fight with my GF over this..but I had to point out that once they stopped playing the "Muzak" version of these songs..I was like "Man, this is great!"

Forum List

Back