Your Christmas routine

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
What is christmas day like for you ?

For me it has changed since the kids have grown.

I get up a bit later.

My Mam comes round to see the kids but we now have to get them up.

The in laws roll up a bit later. I support Mrs T in getting the dinner on by going to the pub for a festive tipple. I take the father in law and the two boys. Its ok but not like it was when I was a youth.

Come home, eat and then sleep most of the day.

This year will be different as my Daughter has been offered silly money to work xmas day. she will be gone at about 3 and that is xmas over for me.

Whats your xmas routine ?

We get up early on Christmas morning and watch a good Viet Nam or World War Two movie.Its puts us in the Christmas Spirit.Then have coffee and watch the kids open up gifts.Such warm memories of the kids opening up boxes of ammunition.

We are driving down to one set of parent's home. Actually, my son is going to drive because I'm teaching him and I am going to hit the imaginary gas and break pedals on the passenger side while clenching my phone, the door handle, the seat and anything else available.

I started to create a gift basket at the end of October and ordered 2 embossed rolling pins but I ordered from a company that I did not know. Well, I forgot about them and they arrived last week from China. I thought they were coming from the US and had thought I had been ripped off. I had already moved in a different direction. So, now my son and I are going to share a family tradition with them. We have done it with French bread but it might be better with rolling pins. It's definitely better for the French bread.

Tomorrow we do 98% of the cooking. Finish cooking Christmas morning. Open presents and then drive back. Next weekend we will drive to Texas.

Forum List

Back