You'd Think Obama Could Lay a Wreath or Something....

In fact, Obama's D-Day commemorations mirror the Bush administration's; both commemorated D-Day on significant anniversaries but not annually.

In 2009 President Obama traveled to Normandy for a ceremony honoring the 65th anniversary of D-Day. President Bush honored the day in 2004. In 2005 Bush hosted a concert at the White House to celebrate Black Music Month, and did not recognize the D-Day significance of the date.

One standard for Obama; one standard for everyone else.

What else do you swallow besides left-winged propoganda...

President Bush Speaks at Dedication of National D-Day Memorial

CNN.com - Bush finds friends in Normandy - May 27, 2002

President Bush, President Chirac Mark 60th Anniversary of D-Day

Full Video: President Bush Speech on D-Day June 6, 2004 » The Right Scoop -

I remember a good friend, Willie Campbell, who was on Juno Beach on D-Day....we were close friends until he passed away a few years ago. The guy gave the best "Address to a Haggis" address every year for our Burns Dinners.

Operation Iraqi Freedom, Iraq, kia wia kia wia

19 Mar 2003 through 6 Feb 2010. 65 633 851 8,623

the first set of numbers are the number of navy kia/wia

the 2nd set the number of marines kia/wia

now tell us again where and when you are shot at and all....

seems you are the one making a mountain out of a mole hill with your service record

Tell "us" again when/where I was shot at?

I never did tel "us" in the first place, asswipe.

By the way, I retired in 1999.

As usual, you have one wheel in the fucking sand, Boner.

Was Bush Anti American too? Like Disturbed claimed Obama is for not doing anything today?
Stop pushing off the premise. Repeat. Bush at least acknowledged the efforts of our military, Obama has not.

straight up as false as anything could be - he's on video dozens of times acknowledging their efforts. does lying matter to you?

Lying is about all they have.

Did Bush do something every year?

And did you say something when he didn't?

I don't know. Did Nixon? How about LBJ?

What does Bush or any of these other people have to do with the current Commander In Chief not even saying "Thank You" to WW2 vets or acknowledging D-Day?

In other words: "I don't know. I only started o cate about this issue when I realized I could use it for political points".

I remember a good friend, Willie Campbell, who was on Juno Beach on D-Day....we were close friends until he passed away a few years ago. The guy gave the best "Address to a Haggis" address every year for our Burns Dinners.

My buddy from D-Day was Dallas Fluharty. From West Va. HELL OF A GOOD GUY. Expert carpenter, hunter. Two Purple Hearts.

NEVER talked about D-Day... right up until the day he passed away.

obama never visited the cemetary in France where so many American dead were buried and was the only president who REFUSED to do so. Sarkozy practically begged him but obama partied and left instead.

Face it, really, obama has nothing but contempt for America.

Operation Iraqi Freedom, Iraq, kia wia kia wia

19 Mar 2003 through 6 Feb 2010. 65 633 851 8,623

the first set of numbers are the number of navy kia/wia

the 2nd set the number of marines kia/wia

now tell us again where and when you are shot at and all....

seems you are the one making a mountain out of a mole hill with your service record

I think Warrior was retired before we invaded Iraq bones.

In fact, Obama's D-Day commemorations mirror the Bush administration's; both commemorated D-Day on significant anniversaries but not annually.

In 2009 President Obama traveled to Normandy for a ceremony honoring the 65th anniversary of D-Day. President Bush honored the day in 2004. In 2005 Bush hosted a concert at the White House to celebrate Black Music Month, and did not recognize the D-Day significance of the date.

That's four out eight years. ;)

What does Bush or any of these other people have to do with the current Commander In Chief not even saying "Thank You" to WW2 vets or acknowledging D-Day?

He's just pointing out the concept of a double standard, and your hyper-criticism of Obama’s every step and word.

What are you trying to do exactly? Further lead our country in the direction of meaningless distraction, all in the name of division (for division's sake) and hatred towards one another? This sort of bitchy, whiny post is EXACTLY what’s wrong with America today….

Thumbs down…

Last edited:
But he did preside over killing the top AQ terrorist yesterday.

Action is sometimes better than words.

:thup:

That's four out eight years. ;)

Not too bad!!!

Troops loved him.

I had a buddy at HMX-1 - hell, they loved the whole family.

lets see.....major naval battles.....that would have taken place when warbler was in the navy....

do you know any? so if he served 30 years...he may have seen the very last of vietnam?

He's just pointing out the concept of a double standard, and your hyper-criticism of Obama’s every step and word.

What are you trying to do exactly? Further lead our country in the direction of meaningless distraction, all in the name of further division and hatred towards one another? This sort of bitchy, whiny post is EXACTLY what’s wrong with America today….

Thumbs down…

How many effigies of Bush have you burned, assbrain?

obama never visited the cemetary in France where so many American dead were buried and was the only president who REFUSED to do so. Sarkozy practically begged him but obama partied and left instead.

You sure about that?

Mr. Obama delivered a 16-minute address steeped in history, following President Nicolas Sarkozy of France, Prime Minister Stephen Harper of Canada and Prime Minister Gordon Brown of Britain. The four men, along with Prince Charles of Britain, faced a crowd that stretched the length of the cemetery.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/07/world/europe/07prexy.html

In other words: "I don't know. I only started o cate about this issue when I realized I could use it for political points".

No... in other words, I don't care. Big difference asslips...

You don't care because you know the answer and it is inconvenient to your smear, Troll-boy.

BTW, I don't give a fuck if you were in the Navy, Boy Scouts, or Foreign Legion.

Thanks for your service, now get over yourself.

You sure about that?

Mr. Obama delivered a 16-minute address steeped in history, following President Nicolas Sarkozy of France, Prime Minister Stephen Harper of Canada and Prime Minister Gordon Brown of Britain. The four men, along with Prince Charles of Britain, faced a crowd that stretched the length of the cemetery.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/07/world/europe/07prexy.html

I agree - Obama's visit to Normandy was very fitting and memorable.

Forum List

Back