You'd Think Obama Could Lay a Wreath or Something....

I don't think WW2 vets feel less about what happened because American Presidents don't celebrate D Day every year.

I am still waiting for you to answer me.......Does one have to enlist to appreciate the military?

He is a commie pig. Anti-American, Anti-Military.
What did you expect?

Was Bush Anti American too? Like Disturbed claimed Obama is for not doing anything today?

Again, what does Bush have to do with the D-Day anniversary yesterday? Must everything Obama fucks up be countered with "What did George do?"

Why not take it back even a step further and examine what Clinton did. He's as relevant to this thread as Bush is, isn't he?

What did you expect?

Was Bush Anti American too? Like Disturbed claimed Obama is for not doing anything today?

Again, what does Bush have to do with the D-Day anniversary yesterday? Must everything Obama fucks up be countered with "What did George do?"

Why not take it back even a step further and examine what Clinton did. He's as relevant to this thread as Bush is, isn't he?

Go right ahead. I am sure he didn't celebrate every year either.
My point is, you are expressing faux outrage because you are partisan hack.

Stop pushing off the premise. Repeat. Bush at least acknowledged the efforts of our military, Obama has not.

This is true - and he did it very frequently.

I know our men and women appreciated him very much. I was in when Clinton was in office and we loathed that adultering draft-dodger. Much like Obama is loathed today.

What did you expect?

Stop pushing off the premise. Repeat. Bush at least acknowledged the efforts of our military, Obama has not.

straight up as false as anything could be - he's on video dozens of times acknowledging their efforts. does lying matter to you?

I'm not expressing outrage - I am stating fact.

Obama didn't even have the common courtesy to lay a wreath or thank a vet. Those are facts.

Are you too dense to grasp this?

What did you expect?

Treating Soldiers and Veterans with Respect

He made sure that families of fallen soldiers could be on hand when the body arrives at Dover AFB, by providing funding for it. He also ended the media blackout on coverage of the return of fallen soldiers.Pentagon Will Help Families Travel to Dover - NYTimes.com BBC NEWS | Americas | US war dead media blackout lifted

He funded Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) with an extra $1.4 billion to improve veterans’ services. Veterans | The White House

He provided the troops with better body armor. Obama wants another $83 billion for Iraq, Afghanistan - CNN

Created the Joint Virtual Lifetime Electronic Record program for military personnel, in order to improve the quality of their medical care. "The Care They Were Promised and the Benefits That They Have Earned" | The White House

He put an end to the Bush-era stop-loss policy that kept soldiers in Iraq/Afghanistan beyond their enlistment date. (personal note: my son will be in harm’s way for six fewer months with Obama as president, so you know I love this one). http://nyti.ms/e2YQ7Q

He supported and signed the Veterans Health Care Budget Reform and Transparency Act, which made more money available to enable better medical care for veterans. Remarks by the President at signing of the Veterans Health Care Budget Reform and Transparency Act | The White House

He ushered through the largest spending increase in 30 years for the Department of Veterans Affairs for improved medical facilities, and to assist states in acquiring or constructing state nursing homes and extended care facilities. President Obama

He created the Green Vet Initiative, which provided special funding to the Labor Department to provide veterans with training in green jobs. PolitiFact | The Obameter: Create a 'Green Vet Initiative' to promote environmental jobs for veterans

He oversaw a $4.6 billion expansion of the Veterans Administration budget to pay for more mental health professionals. Our Products - VA Office of Budget

A LONG List of President Obama’s Accomplishments! With Citations! | Addicting Info

You were saying.

What does being a hyperpartisan hypocrite have to do with being a hyperpartisan hypocrite?

You don't appreciate our Veteran's on D-Day?

Perhaps you shouild fucking enlist to gain some appreciation.

On base, in uniform, when we stopped the Soviet Ships off of Cuba. My people have fought in every war from the Revolutionary to present.

Actually, when they started needing people real bad in Iraq, they sent me a form about enlisting in the National Guard. So I filled it out. They never got back to me. Perhaps someone finally looked at the birthdate:lol:

You wingnuts always seem to think that you are the only ones that ever volunteered for the military, or have ever had fighting experiance. Makes wonder if you were ever really in. Seems to me than I met people of every political philosophy in the service.

I am still waiting for you to answer me.......Does one have to enlist to appreciate the military?

That's a pretty simple question - you should be able to answer that yourself.

So I can't appreciate the military or vets because I didn't enlist?

I might add today I will probably do more for vets than you, someone who likes to flash his military career around acting as if he is better than everyone. You think WW2 vets want you to act like that, and about this day? Many men lost their lives today, they don't deserve you using it as a political issue.

Obama didn't even have the common courtesy to lay a wreath or thank a vet. Those are facts.

No, we are smart enough to put you down as a hyperpartisan hypocritical hack.

That's a pretty simple question - you should be able to answer that yourself.

So I can't appreciate the military or vets because I didn't enlist?

I might add today I will probably do more for vets than you, someone who likes to flash his military career around acting as if he is better than everyone. You think WW2 vets want you to act like that, and about this day? Many men lost their lives today, they don't deserve you using it as a political issue.

I have to spread some rep around, Luissa....but very well said. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

DO you know for sure he didn't thank a vet today? You follow him around everywhere?

And you are not doing any vets any favors by making this a political issue.
Instead of being a douche bag and posting crap like this go to a nursing home or an assisted living and sit with a WW2 vet today. Listen to their stories, instead of giving a shit about this.

Forum List

Back