You'd Better Have The Correct Religious Views

Yes we do.

If you meet with your HR representatives they can explain what are acceptable workplace topics

Religion and Politics will not be on the list. Especially in government employment

Total nonsense, wingy....

In "Injustice," Adams gives many examples of the necessity to trumpet Left wing politics to get ahead at the Department of Injustice.

Let me know if you need a few examples.

It will come down to ignoring instructions not to discuss his religious beliefs. When I was a supervisor you would initially give a gentile reminder in private that discussions of religious beliefs are unacceptable. If he kept doing it, he would get a formal reprimand followed by dismissal if he continued doing it

The guy was only a team leader after 15 years, he obviously had difficulties throughout his career

Not sure if that's a Freudian slip or what, but it fuck'n cracked me up. :lol:

You have a point there. If the man had been muslim, the company would have had to accommodate five times a day prayer, a prayer room, and a new rug.

You are allowed to practice your religion in private. You are not allowed to push your religious views on others

There was and may still be a movement by private physicians to engage patients in a discussion which began with asking if one had any firearms at home....

Several people I know were so engaged...different doctors, areas,...

Religious views, the same.

"You are not allowed to push your religious views on others..."

It happens all the time.
Adults know how to turn that gambit off...

...do you?

Remember the old days, when America had a first amendment, you know, "BL"...before Liberals.

Yes, I know how to turn that gambit off

You tell the employee that it is unacceptable. Same as discussing politics

As a government employee, he should have been reprimanded for handing out religious literature on the job.

Religion and politics have no place in the workplace

Perhaps we need a new law to regulate suitable topics for workplace conversations?

Sarcasm off.

Yes we do.

If you meet with your HR representatives they can explain what are acceptable workplace topics

Religion and Politics will not be on the list. Especially in government employment

I don't have 'HR Reps'. Thankfully, I work for myself. So I need not pay attention to weak assholes who cannot cope in a grown up environment.

That people have to be told what they can and can not talk about at work is pathetic. And fucking laughable.

Perhaps we need a new law to regulate suitable topics for workplace conversations?

Sarcasm off.

Yes we do.

I don't have 'HR Reps'. Thankfully, I work for myself. So I need not pay attention to weak assholes who cannot cope in a grown up environment.

That people have to be told what they can and can not talk about at work is pathetic. And fucking laughable.

Yes it is. However I think that you and I are seeing the issue from different angles.
Adults should realize that talking religion and politics at work will only cause trouble.

Sarcasm off.

Yes we do.

I agree that it is pathetic that some adults do not know what is acceptable behavior in the workplace.

Sarcasm off.

Yes we do.

Good for you Captain. :thup:

But I for one am glad you wouldn't be allowed to discuss your plans for a Klan rally if you worked for my company.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

The discussion of religion or politics in the workplace must meet some of the same standards as sexual harassment. Namely that it is unwelcomed behavior. If two employees are devout Christians and discuss their beliefs among themselves it is not a problem. However, if you are pushing your religious beliefs and ignoring requests to stop, you are out of bounds

However, passing out religious, sexual or political material is unacceptable

Let's be clear, there's a difference between workplace conversations and harassment.

Saying that religion and politics should never be discussed is fairly ridiculous IMO. Some people are on break, having lunch, and religion comes up....is that worth being fired over, or disciplined?

Now if a co-worker asks you not to discuss something and you keep pushing it anyway, that's a different story. If your employer tells you distributing personal materials is no good and you do it anyway, fine. But the idea that adults need to be given strict limits on what they can discuss amongst themselves is sad.

You are allowed to practice your religion in private. You are not allowed to push your religious views on others

There was and may still be a movement by private physicians to engage patients in a discussion which began with asking if one had any firearms at home....

It happens all the time.

...do you?

Remember the old days, when America had a first amendment, you know, "BL"...before Liberals.

Now, wingy...you know that that only applies if the speaker is a - excuse the expression- rightwinger.

1. No sooner was President Obama sworn in then he names Deputy Assistant Attorney General Loretta King to be the head of the entire Civil Rights Division. Political appointees who worked with King described (to Adams) how she proudly boasted that her career advanced primarily through race-based preferences. P.11. "Injustice"

2. “Attorney General Eric Holder may be the face of the Justice Department, but behind the scenes, a little-known assistant attorney general named Loretta King (no relation to Martin Luther King, Jr.) has been the driving force behind the DOJ’s recent, most questionable racially motivated decisions. Neck-deep in the more divisive civil rights cases of the past several years — most notably the New Black Panther voter intimidation case and the recent Dayton, Ohio police department’s testing standards issue — the Obama appointed assistant attorney general has many wondering whether her guide is the law or racial politics….According to Adams, race-based decision making has been a consistent staple of King’s actions and resume.

a. In testimony before the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights about the New Black Panther case, former DOJ Voting Rights Section chief Christopher Coates explained that King ordered him to stop asking trial attorney applicants whether they would have a problem dealing with cases involving white victims.

b. “In the spring of 2009, Ms. King, who had by then been appointed Acting AAG [assistant attorney general] for Civil Rights by the Obama Administration, called me to her office and specifically instructed me that I was not to ask any other applicants whether they would be willing to, in effect, race-neutrally enforce the VRA [Voting Rights Act],” he testified. “Ms. King took offense that I was asking such a question of job applicants and directed me not to ask it because she does not support equal enforcement of the provisions of the VRA.”
Loretta King | racial politics | Department Justice | The Daily Caller

c. This is what King said as she introduced Holder to the Division: “I can’t tell you how exciting it is to go to work every day, and look up at the photos, and see that we now have two black men running the country.” Had a state manager gathered his workers to celebrate white men running the country, this same DOJ would have sued him for employment discrimination. Op.Cit.

Let's be clear, there's a difference between workplace conversations and harassment.

Saying that religion and politics should never be discussed is fairly ridiculous IMO. Some people are on break, having lunch, and religion comes up....is that worth being fired over, or disciplined?

Now if a co-worker asks you not to discuss something and you keep pushing it anyway, that's a different story. If your employer tells you distributing personal materials is no good and you do it anyway, fine. But the idea that adults need to be given strict limits on what they can discuss amongst themselves is sad.

You....you.....you ADULT!!!!

It happens all the time.

...do you?

Now, wingy...you know that that only applies if the speaker is a - excuse the expression- rightwinger.

1. No sooner was President Obama sworn in then he names Deputy Assistant Attorney General Loretta King to be the head of the entire Civil Rights Division. Political appointees who worked with King described (to Adams) how she proudly boasted that her career advanced primarily through race-based preferences. P.11. "Injustice"

2. “Attorney General Eric Holder may be the face of the Justice Department, but behind the scenes, a little-known assistant attorney general named Loretta King (no relation to Martin Luther King, Jr.) has been the driving force behind the DOJ’s recent, most questionable racially motivated decisions. Neck-deep in the more divisive civil rights cases of the past several years — most notably the New Black Panther voter intimidation case and the recent Dayton, Ohio police department’s testing standards issue — the Obama appointed assistant attorney general has many wondering whether her guide is the law or racial politics….According to Adams, race-based decision making has been a consistent staple of King’s actions and resume.

a. In testimony before the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights about the New Black Panther case, former DOJ Voting Rights Section chief Christopher Coates explained that King ordered him to stop asking trial attorney applicants whether they would have a problem dealing with cases involving white victims.

b. “In the spring of 2009, Ms. King, who had by then been appointed Acting AAG [assistant attorney general] for Civil Rights by the Obama Administration, called me to her office and specifically instructed me that I was not to ask any other applicants whether they would be willing to, in effect, race-neutrally enforce the VRA [Voting Rights Act],” he testified. “Ms. King took offense that I was asking such a question of job applicants and directed me not to ask it because she does not support equal enforcement of the provisions of the VRA.”
Loretta King | racial politics | Department Justice | The Daily Caller

c. This is what King said as she introduced Holder to the Division: “I can’t tell you how exciting it is to go to work every day, and look up at the photos, and see that we now have two black men running the country.” Had a state manager gathered his workers to celebrate white men running the country, this same DOJ would have sued him for employment discrimination. Op.Cit.

I am afraid not...

I worked for the Government under Ronald Reagan and unwelcome discussion of religion and politics were not tolerated. We would have annual briefings on what was allowed in the workplace. References to your religion are fine, but unwanted preaching is not.

In no case was passing out religious or political literature allowed

Yes we do.

Yes it is. However I think that you and I are seeing the issue from different angles.
Adults should realize that talking religion and politics at work will only cause trouble.

...and all this time I thought you lived to cause trouble.

Live and learn, eh?

...and all this time I thought you lived to cause trouble.

Live and learn, eh?

some are slower to catch on than others ;)

There certainly is

If two employees were discussing a weekend church service or something related to their religion, nobody cares as long as it does not interfere with their work

It is unwelcome religious related discussion that becomes a problem. Similar to sexual harassment claims where the victim must make an attempt to break off the conversation but the harasser won't stop.

You have a point there. If the man had been muslim, the company would have had to accommodate five times a day prayer, a prayer room, and a new rug.

Unless you're an atheist. Then it's okay.

How so.

Do you think someone would be allowed to go around the workplace trying to convince people there is no God?

Forum List

Back