You sign a petition to curb gay rights. Should your name be public?

as has rightly been asked and pointed out by avatar....the only reason some far left whackos want them public is solely for intimidation...

no other petitions are mentioned for public review, nope, only the gay issues....why is that? because you want to intimidate people and fuck with the process. simple really.

as has rightly been asked and pointed out by avatar....the only reason some far left whackos want them public is solely for intimidation...

no other petitions are mentioned for public review, nope, only the gay issues....why is that? because you want to intimidate people and fuck with the process. simple really.

Projection is a bitch.

Projection is a bitch.

this makes no sense

Projection is a bitch.

Then stop projecting...

You join a political message board. Should your real name be public?

I mean its not like anyone would threaten someone with an opposing view or something, right?

We have a member of this board whom I have been informed has looked up my name. It's funny actually.

A petition sig needs to be public for verification. You can't compare a petition sig to a Vote in terms of privacy.

Isn't it true, though, that the person responsible for verifying the signature is the "Supervisor of Elections"? Not everyone can go in and demand to see who the people are that signed the petition or at least they didn't used to be able to, but evidently it has changed recently.

Which is why this is being challenged.

I fail to understand why it is so bad to challenge a law.

Hell, if it were not for the right to challenge laws (good or bad) then abortion would still be illegal. Then where would all the progressives be? I guess maybe they believe that only they have the right to challenge laws they don't like, no one else has that privilege?

The issue here is whether or not those names should be released and some people feel that those names should not be released. My personal opinion... which is open to change if someone could present a decent argument as to why it should... is that the names should not be released. However, I believe the courts should make that decision.

Immie

Release the names for verification requests and if they get used for intimidation then jail the bastards.

In some respects I agree.

We have laws to prevent harassment and violence.

Unfortunately, those laws only take affect once they have been broken. It would have saved some lives IF (and they can't and should not be able to do this) the government could have arrested Eric Rudolph, Paul Hill, Tim McVeigh and the likes before they committed their crimes, but then can you imagine what that would lead to?

For the victims, it is too late.

Immie

I mean its not like anyone would threaten someone with an opposing view or something, right?

We have a member of this board whom I have been informed has looked up my name. It's funny actually.

If you google SFC Ollie do you know what pops up before clicking on any link? Of course you don't. Go ahead......give it a shot.

Is it at all possible to see the difference between little things like Voting and Petitions that lead to those quirk things called laws and a fucking hobby?

Projection is a bitch.

Then stop projecting...

Your slow wit attempt aside, if you knew anything about it you would know everybody does it. I was pointing out the paranoia rant.

Isn't it true, though, that the person responsible for verifying the signature is the "Supervisor of Elections"? Not everyone can go in and demand to see who the people are that signed the petition or at least they didn't used to be able to, but evidently it has changed recently.

Which is why this is being challenged.

I fail to understand why it is so bad to challenge a law.

Hell, if it were not for the right to challenge laws (good or bad) then abortion would still be illegal. Then where would all the progressives be? I guess maybe they believe that only they have the right to challenge laws they don't like, no one else has that privilege?

The issue here is whether or not those names should be released and some people feel that those names should not be released. My personal opinion... which is open to change if someone could present a decent argument as to why it should... is that the names should not be released. However, I believe the courts should make that decision.

Immie

Release the names for verification requests and if they get used for intimidation then jail the bastards.

In some respects I agree.

We have laws to prevent harassment and violence.

Unfortunately, those laws only take affect once they have been broken. It would have saved some lives IF (and they can't and should not be able to do this) the government could have arrested Eric Rudolph, Paul Hill, Tim McVeigh and the likes before they committed their crimes, but then can you imagine what that would lead to?

For the victims, it is too late.

Immie

Accountability is the key purpose. Nothing more, nothing less. Especially for major Elections. Anyone that has visited a DMV/RMV knows what it's like to deal with a government institution that is centered around accountability. Contrast those experiences to the same government claiming to be able to accurately count 120,000,000 Votes in 24 hours.

We are guaranteed anonymous voting.

I understand that. My question is why the big tampon wrinkle about it? Are people that afraid to have others know who or what they Voted for? It's understandable bigots would want to keep their votes hush hush but the irony is they usually wear that bigotry like a XXXL Superdome Toga everyday.

Forum List

Back