You Guys Really Going to Nominate Donald Trump?

A 3rd party candidate of course.

And ignore a real chance at real change on important issues?

Anyone who is running as a republican or democrat is part of the "establishment." There is no way for them to get around it. If Mr. Trump ever wins the presidency, you just watch. NOTHING will change.

The Republican Establishment certainly disagrees. They have been more energetic in fighting outside conservatives than dems for several years.

Anyone who votes for either of the two parties is saying they are okay with the status quo, and it WILL continue.

Plenty of change has come from within the Two Parties, good and bad.

Was the New Deal the Status Quo? Was Reagan's Tax cuts?

I don't remember when Reagan was president! I was a small child!

I will admit that I certainly thought The Donald would have been gone by now but there seems to be zero inclination on the part of GOP challengers to The Donald to take him on. It's allowed him to basically bully the field into silence.

The lack of courage on the part of Rubio, Christie, Bush, and Kasich is all at once bewildering and saddening. Much more for Rubio than anyone else. He's set up his "white house or bust" scenario by saying he is resigning from the Senate. Christie and Kasich have day jobs to go back to. Bush is the most bewildering of all in how little he seems to really want the job which was the one question mark besides his bid to start with.

Rubio's cache on the lecture circuit is far from established as a fairly incompetent Senator, a pretty lousy Republican, and someone who has been exposed as being as petulant as his age would indicate. Someone in the Rubio camp, one would think, would mention to the Senator that this is the final sets of his professional life and it's time to start spiking the ball when he can.

Trump is basically lying his way through the campaign season and nobody is checking him or calling him out. Democrats will not be as accomdating. The GOP is setting itself up for a shameful defeat and it's candidates seem content to let it happen.
I think Cruz will win the nomination. We shall see. Cruz is the only true conservative.

images
jeb_bush_zombie_front_runner_flames.gif

marco_rubio_kochenstein_flames_boiling_water.gif
trump_zombie_front_runner_flames.gif

90e880c8b9130357ef9b8153cbb01142.jpg

Trump is using empty tough talk to appeal to uneducated people who don't know the difference between Sunni and Shia, and who don't know that there are Muslims serving in the U.S. military, and who don't know that the vast majority of Muslims are living peacefully with the West.

Trump appeals to people who can't tell you anything about the history of the Middle East, including Reagan's Cold War alliances with Islamic radicals (who proved useful against the Soviets).

Ask a "talk radio" Republican why Reagan funded and weaponized the Mujahideen, and you will draw a blank stare.

Ask a "talk radio" Republican why Reagan funded and weaponized a young Hussein, and you will draw a blank stare.

Ask a "talk radio" Republican why Reagan increased funding to the radical Saudi regime, and you will be accosted with paranoid drivel about the lame stream media.

Trump represents a know-nothing movement. He appeals to stupid people who know nothing about the Middle East or Muslims.

Trump proves that the Republican investment in uneducated white males has been a mixed blessing at best.

And ignore a real chance at real change on important issues?

Anyone who is running as a republican or democrat is part of the "establishment." There is no way for them to get around it. If Mr. Trump ever wins the presidency, you just watch. NOTHING will change.

The Republican Establishment certainly disagrees. They have been more energetic in fighting outside conservatives than dems for several years.

What does this even mean? Fighting outside conservatives?

Tea Partiers, Trump, ect. they move heaven and earth to stop these guys.

The Republican Establishment has shown that they do not considering these people running as Republicans to be part of the Establishment.

I am very skeptical about anything these two parties do. I don't trust them. Period.

Blind skepticism is the other side of blind faith.

"Creditor"?

The nations we mostly need new trade policies with are the ones that have huge trade surpluses with US.

You go to them and tell them we are done being their bitch, and they won't be laughing.

And how exactly do you get Wal Mart, Target, Sears, JC Penny, etc... to stop buying the goods produced in China or Japan?

Remove Most Favored Nation status and then start jacking up tariffs.

Which will raise the price of consumer goods, hurt corporate profits, raise unemployment, and cause 401ks to collapse. That's the good news.

The bad news is that they can demand payments of their T bills and dry up our money supply causing inflation and a rise in interest rates to destroy the rest of the economy.

1. Yes, the Price of consumer goods will rise.
Couple that with Donald Trump's quote that wages are too high (Trump doubles down on debate claim: ‘Wages are too high’) and presumably he will do something about that...and people will not be able to afford anything.

2. Corporations that are making high profits because they have outsourced as much as they could? Fuck them.
Corporations are moving mfg to China to remain competitive. When they start laying off and we pay unemployment to their former employees, it will be all of us who are "getting fucked".

3. How will making domestic manufacturing more competitive raise unemployment?
Retail prices will rise, profits will fall. When profits fall, they lay off people and close stores. Economy 101.

4. 401ks will not collapse.
Most 401ks are invested in stocks. As the stock market plunges on corporate profits being reduced by tarriffs on their imports, so will 401ks.

5. Reducing the amount of money does not cause inflation.
I mis-spoke. Interest rates will rise though. Hurting the economy more.

6. If imports are dropping and domestic manufacturing is increasing, the economy will not be destroyed.

Child.

If imports are dropping and domestic manufacturing is increasing--and the price of goods is increasing as the stock market is plunging on lower profits and rising interest rates--the economy will be laid to waste.

1. I've heard no policy proposals the he plans to address high wages.With Trade and Immigration his plate is pretty full already.

2. Or they could try to figure out how to manufacture here. You know where maybe they can't pay 3 dollars a day for labor. Personally, i believe that if they actually TRY, they can probably find a way. And people will still buy crap.

3. As domestic manufacturing increases, more people have better paying jobs, able to buy more and pay more taxes.

4. Or while Chinese stocks fall, the stocks of US manufactures rise.

5. Well, maybe we should be depending on the Red Fucking Chinese to fund our government anyways.

6. Old Man. These Trade Deficits of ours have turned Japan and South Korean into First World Nations, and China into the world's second largest economy. If that wealth is so useful to other nations, keeping it here should have some positive effects for US. Trying it the other way hasn't been working out so well for US.

Trump is using empty tough talk to appeal to uneducated people who don't know the difference between Sunni and Shia, and who don't know that there are Muslims serving in the U.S. military, and who don't know that the vast majority of Muslims are living peacefully with the West.

Trump appeals to people who can't tell you anything about the history of the Middle East, including Reagan's Cold War alliances with Islamic radicals (who proved useful against the Soviets).

Ask a "talk radio" Republican why Reagan funded and weaponized the Mujahideen, and you will draw a blank stare.

Ask a "talk radio" Republican why Reagan funded and weaponized a young Hussein, and you will draw a blank stare.

Ask a "talk radio" Republican why Reagan increased funding to the radical Saudi regime, and you will be accosted with paranoid drivel about the lame stream media.

Trump represents a know-nothing movement. He appeals to stupid people who know nothing about the Middle East or Muslims.

Trump proves that the Republican investment in uneducated white males has been a mixed blessing at best.

YOur assumption that those who you disagree with must be stupid is just self serving nonsense.

You have anything real to add other than telling us how smart you think you are?

So he's going to nuke the middle east, got it, LBJ

I have never supported LBJ. I was a Goldwater supporter

So if you remember that election, how can you have possibly completely missed the reference I was making? Google "LBJ Daisy" and watch the commercial

I saw that commercial when it came out. People were so frightened about the possibility of nuclear war that it really hit home. This country was very tired of war after WWII and Korea. Some of our population really would have preferred to be Red than dead. Anything but the horror we unleashed upon Japan. Many people had some fairy tale idea that being a communist was a perfect share the wealth idea. They were not concerned that communism was just a way to control the population for the few powerful leaders.

Americans are never going to consider converting to Islam so the situation is completely different. Many Americans believe that Muslims DO want to take over the planet. With that in mind they would turn and look the other way if Trump found himself an excuse to nuke a population of them.

Swish, missed again. Seriously, you don't get why I called you LBJ? It wasn't that deep, yet you still don't get it.

On another subject, how'd you turn into a leftist if you were a Goldwater supporter? What was your epiphany that government is the solution to all our problems?

Interestingly all but about three leftists on the site are or at least were Republicans. Apparently there wasn't such a thing as a Democrat before about 1990. It's very peculiar.

I equally to a small degree if not more so find it at least a bit part interesting that several on this site have taken it upon themselves to be the arbitrators of who is what politically.

My family as far back as I can remember and before that have been republicans. I shared their points of view. I still do.

I've never voted for a democrat. I've never given/wasted any money contributing to a democrat. SOOooo...I'm going to stand on reality and repeat that in the ways that matter I am not a democrat.

Now if you take my criticism of the actions of the religious right specifically after hijacking the GOP then you will have to come up with something better than "lefty", "liberal", or democrat if you have a need to affix a label to my posts.

You don't get to join the Ferrari Car Club having just stolen a Ferrari. The GOP was a fine political party before this swarm of locusts descended upon it giving legitimacy to religious whack jobs. You people have tests for everything. It's really rather intrusive. My GOP wasn't so interested in everyone's personal business.

I guess if you actually knew me you would say I'm not this Johnnie come lately version of a republican. I think you all are a joke. You have false religious values and not much else aside from a lot of hatred. My republican party wasn't so full of hate. My republicans were interested in financial responsibility personally and in the larger arena. I'm for guns, don't care about if your daughter gets an abortion or what religion you or anyone subscribes to as long as you keep it pretty much to yourselves. Taxes are necessary as there are no free lunches and I like driving on nice roads, drinking good water and like having my poo end up safely treated before it ends up in the water I want to fish and swim in.

I enjoy my social security and am glad I participated. Those of you that see it as something you should have a right to gamble with are what I like to call thieves. If I should choose to take that money and invest it in some fly by night stock...well that's my business to be foolish with what's mine...not yours.

Your are right to assume I'm not you. That's about as far as I believe I can throw you.

The Republican Establishment has shown that they do not considering these people running as Republicans to be part of the Establishment.

I am very skeptical about anything these two parties do. I don't trust them. Period.

Blind? I wouldn't say it's blind. Lol. The two parties prove this to us over and over again. What more hints do you need?

1. I've heard no policy proposals the he plans to address high wages.With Trade and Immigration his plate is pretty full already.
He made the comment that wages were too high when he was discussing how American businesses can be competitive once more.

Trump doubles down on debate claim: ‘Wages are too high’

Obviously if the comments come during his speech on returning competitiveness, it's clear what the inference is. Trump's not big on plans (or at least divulging them) anyway.

2. Or they could try to figure out how to manufacture here. You know where maybe they can't pay 3 dollars a day for labor. Personally, i believe that if they actually TRY, they can probably find a way. And people will still buy crap.

Pure fantasy.

3. As domestic manufacturing increases, more people have better paying jobs, able to buy more and pay more taxes.
Do you honestly believe that any company (much less multiple companies) will take the risk of building a factory, hiring workers, training workers, locating, procuring, and taking delivery of tons of raw materials, and then have their entire enterprise wiped out if the tariff (in which they have no control of) is suspended or cancelled or reduced?

Oh, and by the way, a lot of the raw materials will need to be imported too....and subject to the tariff.

Pure Fantasy.

And when the US tries to sell abroad...what do you think will happen to US Products? Wal Mart (by itself) has over 400 stores in China alone (more than it has in any single US State!!!). There goes their sales; imagine Wal Mart losing every consumer in Texas and California--that is the impact we're talking about.

GM and Ford sold about 12 million vehicles in China:
GM, Ford China sales rise in March
At $20-$30 thousand a unit translates into about $10,000,000,000 wiped off of Detroit's books.

And you don't think that is going to hurt the stock market?

5. Well, maybe we should be depending on the Red Fucking Chinese to fund our government anyways.
Americans want more government than they are willing to pay for. It knows no party or ideology.

6. Old Man. These Trade Deficits of ours have turned Japan and South Korean into First World Nations, and China into the world's second largest economy. If that wealth is so useful to other nations, keeping it here should have some positive effects for US. Trying it the other way hasn't been working out so well for US.

Donald Trump and his confederates have been doing pretty well--he's "very rich" you know. What's the matter?

Blind? I wouldn't say it's blind. Lol. The two parties prove this to us over and over again. What more hints do you need?

When One party's Establishment turns on it's own candidates repeatedly, I would say that is a hint that Change is in the air.

He made the comment that wages were too high when he was discussing how American businesses can be competitive once more.

Trump doubles down on debate claim: ‘Wages are too high’

Obviously if the comments come during his speech on returning competitiveness, it's clear what the inference is. Trump's not big on plans (or at least divulging them) anyway.

Pure fantasy.

Do you honestly believe that any company (much less multiple companies) will take the risk of building a factory, hiring workers, training workers, locating, procuring, and taking delivery of tons of raw materials, and then have their entire enterprise wiped out if the tariff (in which they have no control of) is suspended or cancelled or reduced?

Oh, and by the way, a lot of the raw materials will need to be imported too....and subject to the tariff.

Pure Fantasy.

And when the US tries to sell abroad...what do you think will happen to US Products? Wal Mart (by itself) has over 400 stores in China alone (more than it has in any single US State!!!). There goes their sales; imagine Wal Mart losing every consumer in Texas and California--that is the impact we're talking about.

GM and Ford sold about 12 million vehicles in China:
GM, Ford China sales rise in March
At $20-$30 thousand a unit translates into about $10,000,000,000 wiped off of Detroit's books.

And you don't think that is going to hurt the stock market?

Americans want more government than they are willing to pay for. It knows no party or ideology.

Donald Trump and his confederates have been doing pretty well--he's "very rich" you know. What's the matter?

1. Counter intuitive as his more clear proposals are all aimed the other way.

2. It's fantasy that we can make crap here? I find that hard to believe.

3. Historically, yes.

4. It is a fantasy that barriers to imports helps domestic manufacturers? You ever read a history book?

5. Not really an answer.

6. Also not really an answer.

So he's going to nuke the middle east, got it, LBJ

I have never supported LBJ. I was a Goldwater supporter

So if you remember that election, how can you have possibly completely missed the reference I was making? Google "LBJ Daisy" and watch the commercial

I saw that commercial when it came out. People were so frightened about the possibility of nuclear war that it really hit home. This country was very tired of war after WWII and Korea. Some of our population really would have preferred to be Red than dead. Anything but the horror we unleashed upon Japan. Many people had some fairy tale idea that being a communist was a perfect share the wealth idea. They were not concerned that communism was just a way to control the population for the few powerful leaders.

Americans are never going to consider converting to Islam so the situation is completely different. Many Americans believe that Muslims DO want to take over the planet. With that in mind they would turn and look the other way if Trump found himself an excuse to nuke a population of them.

Swish, missed again. Seriously, you don't get why I called you LBJ? It wasn't that deep, yet you still don't get it.

On another subject, how'd you turn into a leftist if you were a Goldwater supporter? What was your epiphany that government is the solution to all our problems?

Interestingly all but about three leftists on the site are or at least were Republicans. Apparently there wasn't such a thing as a Democrat before about 1990. It's very peculiar.

I equally to a small degree if not more so find it at least a bit part interesting that several on this site have taken it upon themselves to be the arbitrators of who is what politically.

My family as far back as I can remember and before that have been republicans. I shared their points of view. I still do.

I've never voted for a democrat. I've never given/wasted any money contributing to a democrat. SOOooo...I'm going to stand on reality and repeat that in the ways that matter I am not a democrat.

Now if you take my criticism of the actions of the religious right specifically after hijacking the GOP then you will have to come up with something better than "lefty", "liberal", or democrat if you have a need to affix a label to my posts.

You don't get to join the Ferrari Car Club having just stolen a Ferrari. The GOP was a fine political party before this swarm of locusts descended upon it giving legitimacy to religious whack jobs. You people have tests for everything. It's really rather intrusive. My GOP wasn't so interested in everyone's personal business.

I guess if you actually knew me you would say I'm not this Johnnie come lately version of a republican. I think you all are a joke. You have false religious values and not much else aside from a lot of hatred. My republican party wasn't so full of hate. My republicans were interested in financial responsibility personally and in the larger arena. I'm for guns, don't care about if your daughter gets an abortion or what religion you or anyone subscribes to as long as you keep it pretty much to yourselves. Taxes are necessary as there are no free lunches and I like driving on nice roads, drinking good water and like having my poo end up safely treated before it ends up in the water I want to fish and swim in.

I enjoy my social security and am glad I participated. Those of you that see it as something you should have a right to gamble with are what I like to call thieves. If I should choose to take that money and invest it in some fly by night stock...well that's my business to be foolish with what's mine...not yours.

Your are right to assume I'm not you. That's about as far as I believe I can throw you.

So you are a Republican, and you insult me by calling me a Republican, which I'm not, I'm a libertarian. That's the dumb fuck that you are. Go whine that you get called a Democrat when you support nothing but their positions backed up by nothing but their talking points, but as I said, almost all of you leftists say that. You were a Republican until you realized they weren't communists, then you became a Democrat

And what, precisely, do you think this declaration and opinion are going to accomplish? And how?

End Birthright Citizenship for the children of foreign nationals here illegally, slow demographic shift, and ease deportations of parents.

I'm fine with ending birthright citizenship for the children of illegals. Still finding "slow demographic shift" to be very vague. You completely lost me on "ease deportation of parents". Are you saying make it easier to deport them, or to ease off on doing it? Details, please, and actual citations from Trump himself regarding what he plans to do would be most helpful.

One of the purposes of Anchor babies is that the parents can now request a green card to avoid breaking up an infant citizens family.

Yes, thank you, Captain Obvious. I'm aware of that. This is not an answer to my question.

So, if the infant, the product of two Mexicans is considered a Mexican, there is no concern about what happens to this "American" when we deport it's parents.

It is easier to send the whole family home.

Okay, so the answer that it took you two posts to give me is that you want to deport the kid along with the parents. Thank you.

Spare me the assumptions as to my opinion on the subject. You ASK me what I think; you don't TELL me what I think.

And if those other countries don't agree? What then?

Great. How?

1. Then a tough negotiator with the leverage offered by heading the largest single economy in the world will face off against the other countries representatives. Just about anything would be an improvement over the last 40 years.

2. Concrete plans probably won't be draw up until the Cabinet positions are filled. I can certainly speculate, if you want. I know some easy steps that need to be taken immediately that I imagine would be.

Go to a creditor and demand they renegotiate a deal. Getting Laughed out of the room would be the start.

"Creditor"?

The nations we mostly need new trade policies with are the ones that have huge trade surpluses with US.

You go to them and tell them we are done being their bitch, and they won't be laughing.

Really? How do you plan to enforce that bluster? More to the point, how does TRUMP plan to?

I'm not sure how he plans to do it. There are some obvious steps that even I, without decades of high level business experience can see, and I am sure that Trump can do at least that much, if not far more.

Most obvious step is to remove their Most Favored Nation status and start jacking up tariffs.

But, that is just a guess on my part.

Yeah, that's the point. You shouldn't HAVE to somehow divine for yourself how he plans to do it. He's supposed to TELL you. It is the fact that he's NOT telling us, and leaving his rabid followers to project their own ideas onto his generalities that I object to.

Lest you forget, that's exactly the sort of thing that got us Obama. Not looking for a repeat.

My question is, how likely are those minorities to go out and vote in a GOP primary? How likely are they to vote for him over the Democrat candidate?

It's one thing to tell a pollster, "Yeah, he's a cool dude", and another to actually go out and cast the ballot.

See, the left, and some of the GOPers, just don't get it. This whole election isn't Republicans versus Democrats, although the left keeps trying its tried and true script. This election is about, the people of the United States versus the out of touch leaders in Washington DC. Obama lied, the GOP establishment lied, and the people are tired of it.

If you are an American, you know that wages are down, and good jobs are hard to find. And yet, you have the administration and the media telling you things are wonderful. Also, if you thought Obama had screwed the pooch and listened to the GOP tell you how they were going to stand against him if you just got them the senate, you were also sorely disappointed.

Point is, for most Americans, their vote meant almost nothing because they have all consistently lied to us. And so, the GOP constituents have decided they aren't going to put an establishment candidate in again, they are going to pick from a few outsiders. The leader as of now is Trump, but that could change.

On the Democratic side, why do you think virtually everyone is begging Warren to get in? They know Hillary is useless, and almost as rich and as big an empty suit as Romney was for the Republicans.

And so, the people who tell you that Hillary is going to win 332-to203 or whatever they are saying, are the people who still contend this election is just like the rest of them, Democrats versus Republicans. If the election does come back to that, then yes, the Democrat will probably win. BUT, if it stays as it is today, Hillary is going to lose, and lose by a larger margin than any of these people think.

Trump is the key to this whole thing. He has to keep his rhetoric going, keep everyone excited, informing all Americans how Washington is screwing them, till about next April, then get out of the way. If it works out that way, unless something bad comes out about whomever is the GOP nominee, Hillary is toast! Remember, voters get their information about Republicans from the media, and 90% of them are libs. Now they will be watching what is going on, and some will actually discover they have been mislead by their favorite media outlets-)

I consider Trump to be just as "out of touch" with regular Americans as any of the other politicians. He is a billionaire. He has no idea of the struggles of the average American.

His stated policies say otherwise.

WHAT STATED POLICIES?! Christ, I keep asking this, and no one wants to tell me what his fucking "stated policies" are, including him.

Renegotiating bad Trade Deals, which fucks the Middle and Working Class(s)

and deporting the illegals, which will reduce labor supply, which will raise Middle Class and Working Class wages.

Neither of those are plans. They're mission statements. HOW do you renegotiate trade deals that are already signed and in force? HOW do you deport the illegals?

The GOP has NO CHOICE! Either they nominate him or he goes Nuclear and does a Third Party run. He has already said he is considering it, if the GOP establishment does not give him a fair shake. Interpretation:

"GIVE ME THE NOMINATION....OR ELSE!"

Yeah, well, I'm not planning to be held hostage to Trump's ego and his cultists' dementia. If they want to play personality games with the future of America, then THEY get the blame for the result, not me.

And he still comes across as an ignorant, retarded, moron.

$20T DEBT. how is that working for you? Wide open borders. 30-50 mil Illegals? more every night? how " ignorant, retarded, moron" is that? 1/3 Jailed inmates in CA is illegal? 50K/yr housing costs? Enough?

I consider Trump to be just as "out of touch" with regular Americans as any of the other politicians. He is a billionaire. He has no idea of the struggles of the average American.

He has at least "worked" for a living for a long time. His daily path would have crossed ordinary scum at least in the first 10 years or so? He knows. The ones' living on the public payroll forever, they have no clue, never a days work in entire life ? Trump has hired and fired and walked construction sites with foreman/worker at least. He has been in countless meetings worldwide with all sorts.

I know, daddy only gave him a couple of million dollars to start off life with. The poor baby. :cool:

If part of Trump's appeal was his "rags to riches" story, then your post would be relevant.

Obama started out with nothing and his policies continued the "Free Trade" and high Immigration policies of the last couple of decades that have so negatively impacted the Middle and Working Class(s) here in America.

At least Trump did not screw it up. He could have been a total failure like many through Divorce or kid problems or bankruptcy whatever. Give the guy some credit. Life Work is not guaranteed.

Forum List

Back