~You Found $10,000~

Check out this article......somebody found a wallet containing $10,000 cash.....and they returned it.
Would you??

I mean most folks are going to try and make themselves look good and say "Yes" immediately.......but honestly......would you....REALLY??

Wallet With $10,000 Left In Laguna Beach Returned To Owner By Good Samaritan

I'd like to think I would, but then again I have no personal money problems.

But seriously, who keeps 10000 dollars in their wallet? Talk about stupid!

Check out this article......somebody found a wallet containing $10,000 cash.....and they returned it.
Would you??

I mean most folks are going to try and make themselves look good and say "Yes" immediately.......but honestly......would you....REALLY??

Twice in the city of Nashville outside certain restaurant in the shrubs someone found a bag of money containing over 30K. The place is clearly a drop off for runners in the numbers racket of a drug dealer or something. Both times they turned it in and there were no takers, so the police let them keep it.

When I was a girl, I lost my wallet. I had about $3 in it which was a significant amount of money in the 50s. I had saved and saved, then lost my wallet. Some woman in Missouri found it, took out enough to pay postage, then just a few cents, and mailed it back to me.

Another time after I had kids, I had given my daughter $50 to buy some clothes, but she lost it and even backtracking we couldn't find it. Later that week I saw in the editorials of the newspaper where a clerk 'thanked' the woman who put $50 into the little plastic container they always have on the counters where you can put your change to go to help disadvantaged children. My duaghter had tried on clothes in that store and no doubt that is where she lost her money. I feel certain that whomever found it chucked it in that container.

Once, returning from Oklahoma City, I left my wallet with $1500 in it in the bathroom didn't miss it until several people had been in and knew it would be gone, but it was there. I know another guy who had that much in his wallet in the 70s who lost it in a carpet warehouse in Dalton, GA and someone turned it in.

There are more honest people than we think. About a year ago, I broke a $100 item in a store, and ratted myself out. It was hard, but I did. Given my life experiences, I would likely return it if there was ID. If there wasn't depending on how much was in it, it would be mine. The rule of law is 'finder's keepers - personal property lost by someone then found by you is yours against all the world except the original owner.'

That being said, when my kids were small and my son took my change from the grocer which I had put on the counter and told me he 'found it' I let him know it wasn't lost!

There are also a lot of scumbags, though. When my friend was killed in an MVA back in the early 60s, the onlookers took her purse and her jewelry. Hopefully, KARMA has caught up with them.

Believe me or not...whatever...but when I was about 10 me and my buddy found a purse that had $10'000's in it.
We turned it in. We got a $20 reward.
It was an old lady whose husband founded JayC Foods Jay C - Home
She didn't trust banks.
Scouts honor - it happened.

Would you??

Yep. What comes around goes around.

In any language...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDxyF_c145I]My name is Earl - Questo cazzo di Karma mi ucciderà - YouTube[/ame]

I found a bank bag once that had lots of cash in it. I don't know the exact amount but it was a lot. From the deposit slip I knew which business had lost it. I returned it and got a $1,000.00 reward. I would rather keep an honest $1,000.00 than a larger amount unhonestly gained.

I'd of course return it, my soul, honor, and self-respect is worth a lot more than a months pay in monopoly money. Of course many out there are worth less, a lot less. Even your kidneys are worth more than that, sell one of them. :lol:

Last edited:
If I found 10 grand in a brown paper bag I'd keep it.

If I found it in a wallet with I.D. I'd return it. I figure if anyone is stupid enough to carry 10 grand around in a wallet must be a fucking retard and i can't steal from retards.

Last edited:
The only way I can see anyone thinking they are justified in keeping anything found is if they had prayed to their god(s) for it the night before. ;)

If it had I.D. and all that, I would most definitely track the owner down, no doubt about it.
If it had no I.D.......which would be highly unlikely.....I would probably hesitate a bit before turning it in to the coppers ~LoL~ But it would eat at me if I didn't at least try and find the rightful owner.
But, like most said...who the fuck carries that kind of cash around??

If it had I.D. and all that, I would most definitely track the owner down, no doubt about it.
If it had no I.D.......which would be highly unlikely.....I would probably hesitate a bit before turning it in to the coppers ~LoL~ But it would eat at me if I didn't at least try and find the rightful owner.

$10,000 is not all that much money.

Weekend in Vegas with a good hooker.

$10,000 is not all that much money.

Weekend in Vegas with a good hooker.

Ahhhhh...so it was YOUR wallet :badgrin:

I would return the money. I know how much losing $10,000 can destroy you.

When I was in college, I was at an amusement park and got on the bumper cars. When I was climbing in the car there was a fat wallet on the seat. I looked quick and saw it had about $600 in it. Back in the 70s, that $600 would have paid my college tuition. I never thought twice about it and turned the money in as soon as the ride was over

Would you??

Yes, of course I would. A "do unto others" deal. I don't want something that belongs to someone else. If I couldn't locate the person, I would turn it into the police department, even it if were a million dollars. And none of this would be to, as you put it, "make myself look good." It would be in keeping with my standards of morality.

Forum List

Back