You do not understand what I understand.

Man of Ethics

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2021
You may be a lawyer, a doctor, a businessperson, etc. I respect your hard work which made you who you are. I respect the fact that you understand many things I do not understand, particularly those related to your area of expertise.

But how can you claim to understand the experience of subaverage people better then I do? How can you claim to understand what resources I absolutely needed to maintain a normal life. Sadly, in USA alone, tens of millions of people lack these resources, and fall down into addictions.

You may be a lawyer, a doctor, a businessperson, etc. I respect your hard work which made you who you are. I respect the fact that you understand many things I do not understand, particularly those related to your area of expertise.

But how can you claim to understand the experience of subaverage people better then I do? How can you claim to understand what resources I absolutely needed to maintain a normal life. Sadly, in USA alone, tens of millions of people lack these resources, and fall down into addictions.
Dude, what's wrong? I understand "subaverage people". I am one! :D
I've seen a lot of addictions, too. What is it?

Half of the population is subaverage.

The resources you need are the same as the resources everyone needs. It sounds as if you want the gov't to take "resources" away from the people who earned them, and give them to you.

And while some people are predisposed to addictions, it really boils down to choices. That is how you get addicted. I am all for the resources for getting off drugs or sobering up. But that is not an ongoing thing.

Originally posted by Confederate Soldier
II would even go as far to say I'm subhuman.

I'll go one step further and say it in German:

Ich bin untermensch.

Since I don't know Man of Ethics irl, I cannot say if the above is a accurate description of reality or just a case of low self-esteem or both.

As WB said half of the population is subaverage and an even greater number of people think they are.

By resources, do you mean counseling type resources or something else?

1) Half of the population is subaverage.

2) The resources you need are the same as the resources everyone needs. It sounds as if you want the gov't to take "resources" away from the people who earned them, and give them to you.

3) And while some people are predisposed to addictions, it really boils down to choices. That is how you get addicted. I am all for the resources for getting off drugs or sobering up. But that is not an ongoing thing.
1) No. About 20% of adults are mentally disabled. Here.

2) Thank G-d and my parents, I have material resources as well as antidepressants I need. Tens of millions of mentally disabled people in USA do not have these resources. They fall into drugs and crime.

3) For some people it is very hard not to fall into addiction.

Since I don't know Man of Ethics irl, I cannot say if the above is a accurate description of reality or just a case of low self-esteem or both.

As WB said half of the population is subaverage and an even greater number of people think they are.
I would say

20% of people are subaverage
60% of people are average/mediocre
20% of people are above average

I would say

20% of people are subaverage
60% of people are average/mediocre
20% of people are above average

Actually, 49.9% of people are below average and the same number above ... regardless of the average.

Last edited:
So what are you having a problem with? I might can give you some advice, not gonna claim it's the best, but I've seen a lot.
The problem is that tens of millions of people in USA alone do not have resources they need.

Forum List

Back